Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thrifty Things Friday #113

It has been a busy week for me as I pack and prepare to move,
 but I'm never too busy to miss joining
Thrifty Things Friday 

I'm sharing an easy, thrifty and oh so yummy recipe this week!  I am not much of a baker but this recipe from Paula Deen's Just Desserts cookbook is pretty foolproof!
This is the recipe for Peach Cobbler they serve on the buffet at their restaurant Lady & Son's in Savannah.  I sure hope to eat there someday.
The ingredients are pretty simple.  Self-rising flour, milk, a stick of butter (melted in the baking dish) and peaches (I used canned in heavy syrup). 
You of course can use fresh peaches, add sugar and cook them down,
 but canned is easier for me.
This is how it looks before baking!  This recipe creates it's own crust.
  I did sprinkle it with cinnamon which I love!
Here it is hot out of the oven!  Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy.  It is so delicious and easy.  I took it to a party and everyone enjoyed it! 

Be sure to head over to Diann's and link up your thrifty post for TTF #113

17 comments:

Angela ~ Call Her Blessed said...

Paula - gotta love 'er. We visited her restaurant a few yrs ago ... & had the buffet. It was all good...except the 9 hour wait. Not kidding. We waited 2 hours to put our name in {11a-1p} ... & they told us to come back at 8:30p to be seated. Course, there's plenty to do in Savannah while you wait.

Kathe said...

See? Another reason we are friends! I LOVE cinnamon! On just about anything and everything! And peach cobbler?? Warm fresh out of the oven? Oh yeah!! I'll be right over :-)

Vicky Hunt said...

This looks fabulous! I love a good cobbler...:) I have eaten at Paula's restaurant....my girlfriends and I used to do a Girl's Weekend every year and Savannah was one of the trips we took! Loved it and hope to go in October with the hubby for our 25th Anniversary...:) Blessings my friend!

Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Nellie said...

I have made a similar cobbler for years, only I add my own baking powder and salt.:-) It is a tasty, simple dessert to make! xo Nellie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That's making my mouth water! I love fruit cobblers more than anything! SC peaches are coming in now...they are so sweet! Hugs!

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Such a easy cobbler!! And I LOVE peach cobbler. Would think that you could use blackberries too!
Moving??? When? We must have lunch before you go. Sometime next week?? Sandie too?

bj said...

O, I do love me some Peach Cobbler. I am going to make this soon.
xoxo

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Linda, That looks scrumptious! Stealing your recipe! Happy TTF!

Susan said...

That looks pretty scrum, Linda. Easy, too. I like Paula. She's a riot. Thanks for sharing. susan

Ninny said...

Sure looks yummy! We have visited her restaurant, too. Yes, we did have to wait a while to get seated. We found it as noisy as a school cafeteria with about the same ambience. Food was so-so. I bet her cookbook recipes are better!

Chatty Crone said...

You know what - out of all cobblers - peach is my favorite!

Shelia said...

I love peach cobbler! Maybe I can have just a tiny little bit.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

It looks easy AND good!

Susan said...

It's still a little early for peaches at the Farmer's Market, but not for cherries! Maybe a Cherry Cobbler for Father's Day, XOXO

Laurie Ritchey said...

Yum! That looks so good. I can't believe you are baking Peach Cobbler in the middle of packing for a move! laurie

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Linda,
Thanks so much for your visits and for hosting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Diann said...

All I can say is YUM! And I will take a cup of coffee to go with my treat!