Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thrifty Things Friday #112

I want to thank Diann for asking me to co-host this fun party with her.  
I am really enjoying visiting you all each week! 



As a Grandma I try to have fun with Tiger but also teach him things!  
I recently found this cute bank.
I liked that the colors match his bedroom and that it has the digital counter!  I took it to Tiger and we put money in it through the slot.  He can't really 'understand' about the amount yet, but hopefully he will learn to save and then find out he can buy something fun with his savings.
He calls it the money game!  I love it! 
 This was found at the thrift shop for .99, a thrifty find for sure!

I also have been searching for a small table for Tiger.  I had already found a nice wooden chair at the thrift shop for $3 but could not find a table in good condition!
I love this red IKEA kids table.  It is sturdy and not too large and fits in their dining room perfectly!  When I do buy retail I try to find a bargain and this was one for sure!

I also wanted to share with you the wonderful Mid-Century china cabinet that my son in law found for Sara's Mother's Day present.
Used furniture can be a great bargain and this was.  Sara loves it! 

Thanks for joining Diann and I for TTF #112
Be sure to head over to Diann's blog to link up your thrifty posts!

Linda

17 comments:

Cheri said...

Awesome finds. Sounds like you are rubbing off on Blake.

Chatty Crone said...

There are some really good deals out there! Those look really nice - love the red table too. And Tiger. Sandie

Lady Linda said...

Love the little chair and table Linda. Every time I see your sweet little grandson, I get excited about our little one who will soon be here...end of July!
I'm just getting back to blogging and will soon join you guys for the Thrifty Things Friday!
Linda

Olga said...

Really nice finds. Tiger is so cute. How old is he? He looks a bit like my son Nikolai, who is 2.

Maureen said...

It's great that you found a fun (and thrifty) way to teach Tiger to save for the things he wants. He'll have a much happier life if he takes that lesson to heart!

Diane said...

Old furniture is usually made better than new too! Thanks for co-hosting.

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

What a neat money bank!! I got my girls piggy banks, but this is so much better because you can actually see inside and know how much is inside and you can watch your "money grow" :-}}}
You always find the greatest things!!

Susan said...

That's great to teach Tiger about saving, Grammie! Love the red Ikea table, too, and the chair is super. Thanks for sharing, Linda. Susan

Nellie said...

That Tiger just keeps getting cuter and cuter! Great finds! Hugs, Nellie

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Oh he is one adorable little guy!! And how great to start this young teaching him the value of money . . . and showing it by decorating with your awesome thrift finds!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a thoughtful Mother's Day present, lots of useful storage space too. Tiger looks so darn cute with his money jar.

Ames said...

What a lovely gift for Sarah!

You know I have been looking for that same table for Lily. I think I will go check out IKea!

And that is a super way to teach Tiger to save money!~Ames

Melanie said...

Fabulous finds! Loved the mid century modern cabinet! There are good deals out there if someone is willing to look for them.

Regine Karpel said...

Like the bank!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

Hubby has one of those money boxes and Little Leo loves it.......

Diann said...

Great finds by you and Blake! that table is just perfect for Tiger. Thank you for co-hosting girl!

ThrifterSisters said...

Teaching Tiger to count money and be thrifty at the same time? Sounds like great lessons to me!

Erica