Saturday, June 15, 2013

I Love Blogging!

I really really do love to blog! 
The best part is making new friends, and when you get to meet those friends in person...Awesome!
This week I was able to meet Kathy from Happy Mrs. C!  She and her husband Jeff live a few hours away from me and we have been planning to meet for a couple of years now.   Finally Kathy and I managed to meet half way and enjoy a wonderful lunch!  We chatted like we had know each other all our lives!
Kathy is going to have a booth on the Worlds Longest Yard Sale this year so I took her a carload of items since I am downsizing.  I plan to visit her and maybe even help in her booth in August! I know Kathy and I will again chat like we have know each other forever!!

This week I also had another blogger get together at my friend Sue's (Rue Mouffetard) home.  It was a birthday celebration for myself and another good friend Denise.  Sue went all out with a beautiful table featuring my favorite pink and.....wait for it
FLAMINGOS!
Sue gave each of us one of the 100th Anniversary Ball jars with yummy lemonade cookies in them.  She added these adorable little Flamingos!
The table was stunning!  The quilt in shades of pink and green was a perfect backdrop for pink polka dot dishes and white milk glass.
Pink Flamingo straws...loved them, with our choice of Pink lemonade, iced tea or water!
Oh and the amazing Pasta Pesto Salad! 
Sue making sure the table was perfect and it was! 
She served Italian Wedding Soup, made to order turkey club sandwiches, the pasta and fruit.  
It was all so good!
Dessert was mini cupcakes and key lime pie!
We ate and chatted for a couple of hours! 
I love blogging friends!  Oh and there were gifts!
Yes I'm spoiled and I love it!
Cheri (Chez Cheri) gave me the Paris je t'aime book...it's for photos and very cool.  Sandie (Chatty Crone) gave me this darling little Love book to write in and some adorable ceramic birds.  No photos of those as I already packed them! Whoops!  Denise, the other Birthday girl, gave me those cute as pie green gardening gloves and some other items also already packed!  Denise received her own wonderful gifts but I failed to get photos.  Of course I forgot my camera and took the shots of the table with my new  smart phone...not bad! 
Our hostess Sue gave me this adorable Flamingo throw from IKEA!  Isn't it cute!

AND....Kathy gave me a gift when we met for lunch!
This adorable watercolor of 'me' shopping in Paris! 
I can't wait to find a sweet spot in my new home for this! 

So yes, I love blogging! 
I've met some friends who have been close for several years now and a new friend I've met in person for the first time.  And I'm still hoping to meet YOU someday!


Linking to 
Seasonal Sundays

**Please visit Deborah at The Fairfield House.  Her Mother will be celebrating her 80th Birthday this month and Deborah is hoping to have 80 handmade paper butterflies to hang in her Mom's room.  Her Mother has Alzheimer's and it's left her lost and depressed.  Deborah is hoping to make this a very special birthday and her Mom loves butterflies.  They need to be to her my June 25th, and I'm hoping some of you can help out.  I'm going to make one tomorrow and mail it Monday!**

Wishing you all JOY,

Linda

33 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy to see you celebrated with such dear friends! Enjoy your weekend!

Mary Clark said...

What a beautiful table! I would have stolen that quilt and ... okay, not really, but isn't it gorgeous?!?! And what amazing gifts you got! Such great blogging buddies, getting together and having fun, so happy for you. Hugs ~ Mary

Melanie said...

How awesome that you got to meet new blogging friends! I've been blessed to meet two of my blogging friends so far this year (Jane from Blondie's Journal and Penny from At Home in English Valley) and they've both become great "real life" friends, too!

Sue said...

Well I wasn't thrilled with that horrible picture of me but the table looked good .... :)
and you were so kind not to say that the key lime pie was horrible!!!!!! You guys truly are friends to have sat there and ate that pie because it was awful....It was like when Sophie had my NY cheesecake and told me how good it was even though I forgot to add the sugar...

20 North Ora said...

What a great birthday celebration! Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your friends.

Lots of Frenchy stuff.

Judy

Diane said...

How wonderful! Love those Mason jars-- should get one!

Micupoftea~ said...

Fun, fun! How nice you were able to meet up and visit. Lunch and the table look good. The quilted tablecloth is a nice touch. Boy, you were spoiled- what a treat! I have not had the opportunity to meet any blogging friends as they all seem to be in other states :)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like you're having a lot of fun and had a great B-Day Linda! Love the special Mason Jar gift idea:@)

The Joyful Thrifter said...

Soooo awesome! I would love to meet some of my blog friends too!

Smiles,
Rachael
The Joyful Thrifter

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

What a cute party, Linda! I love the party favors. :D

xo,
RJ

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Birthday Miss Linda. You love blogging and I would guess that blogging loves you.

I'm lucky to be a part of the group. Sue is the best hostess I know or have ever met.

I know you are packing! Good luck - you can do it. sandie


Jo-Anne Meadows said...

Oh lucky you such awesome gifts, I am now going to pop on over ot meet Kathy and Sue now Pink Flamingos are just awesome most people I know would thing they were taky but not me I have always thought them kind of cute.........so I am glad to know that I am not the only one who likes them........

Barbara F. said...

Happy Birthday, Linda! Your birthday lunch at Sue's sounds wonderful. Enjoy your gifts. xo

Deb said...

What a fun photo of you and Kathy, Linda. You really do get to meet a lot of bloggers. Love the table set for you ladies. She did a really nice job and it looked so inviting. Deb

Susan said...

What a fun day and I love the picture of "you" in Paris shopping:-D We're moving too--sold the house and we're headed for North Carolina by August 1st! See you soon, XOXO

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Well I certainly hope we do meet one day soon. Your lunch looks fabulous and I'm sure you all had such a fun time talking away the hours.

Dar said...

Sandie (Chatty Crone) sent me your link and I'm glad. She had been telling me all about the fun you gals had together...what a wonderful day.
Blessya

Susan said...

Ohhhhh, Linda. Wish I coulda been there. Sounds like SUCH fun. Lovely everything, including your favorite flamingos. You deserved all the whoopla! Thanks for sharing. Susan

Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

This is just a darling party and creative in every way. I can't decide which I like best.

Babajeza said...

It looks like you had a great time! :-)

Debra @ Homespun said...

The table is amazing! What a gorgeous quilt and all to accompany it. It sounds like such a fun time :)

Claudia said...

It's so lovely to spend time with fellow bloggers! It looks like everyone had a wonderful time. You deserve it!

Thanks so much for joining in this week.

xo
Claudia

mrs. c said...

Love the pink quilt and the birthday tablescape! You have good blogging friends because you are such a kind, caring person! I know that things are going to be so much better for you in Athens. I will check on and try to make a paper butterfly, such a sweet idea. Have a terrific Sunday.

Lulu said...

I agree with you, Linda, it is great fun to meet someone with whom you become acquainted through your blog. I've had that opportunity several times and its always been a pleasure.

openid said...

Dear Linda,
Thank you for sharing and participating in the Great Butterfly Migration to the Fairfield House. The generous nature and kind spirits of "friends we have yet to meet" are going to make my mother's 80th memorable -- and that's saying a lot considering she has Alzheimer's.
I envy the bloggers in the south. You always have such wonderful get together a and enjoy each other's company.
This gathering was no exception.
Deborah
FairfieldHouseNJ.com

Monica @ Texas Fiesta Ware Fan said...

Fabulous get together. Beautiful table and amazing gifts.

bj said...

There nothing better than getting together with friends...so glad such a good time was had by all...

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

linda,
I am green with envy!! First for being able to meet and spend some time with a fellow blogger and second for being close enough to go to the Longest Yard Sale!!! I watch the Special on HGTV every year and would die for a chnace to be able to go!!

Thanks so much for stopping in!!

Hugs,
Deb

Donna said...

Happy belated birthday, Linda! That is awesome you were able to meet a good blogging friend, as well as have a wonderful lunch with another! Love your Parisian themed gifts, too!

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

I read about your meeting on Kathy's blog and thought how nice it was that y'all could get together.

Looks like you had a lovely birthday celebration -- love the flamingos (especially those cutie straws!) and the quilt used as a table cloth. What a special day! Love that watercolor too!

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Oh, what a great celebration with the gals. The table was gorgeous and what wonderful gifts too! How nice to meet so many blogging friends!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Olive said...

What a charming gathering Linda. The pink makes it. I saw a vintage flamingo, metal, at a farm sale last month.

Dawn@ We Call It Junkin.com said...

You've been having fun! Those hobnail dishes are so pretty. Glad you could have a good time before the insanity of moving begins, ha ha. Take care - Dawn