Monday, June 3, 2013

ladies' night!

I have shared with you before that I am a big fan of the author Mary Kay Andrews!  
I have read all her books and really enjoy them! 
She publishes a new book each June and I consider it a birthday present to me!!  
This year I was able to attend the new book launch party at Kudzu & Company
It's a really great vintage inspired home store! 
Tonight's launch party was for her latest book

I was so happy to get a signed copy of her book!

I had a great time with my friends
Sue, MKA, Denise and moi!
We were a little disappointed that there wasn't much in the way of appetizers but I did snag a glass of Watermelon Margarita and it was very tasty!  There were so many people and it was hot so we decided to leave a little early and head to dinner!  We sat on the patio at the restaurant, ate and chatted for several hours, truly a 'ladies' night'
I have had the pleasure of meeting Mary Kay Andrews before 
and you can read about our junking experience HERE

I will be reading my new book soon and I'll let you know how I like it!  


I'm joining
Share Your Cup

Wishing you JOY,

Linda

19 comments:

Sue said...

Okay you can blame me for the hours of chit-chat....every girl needs to vent...I promise next week I will only be cooking and eating....no bitching.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sounds like you had a great time Linda! Enjoy the book:@)

ThrifterSisters said...

I love MKA too! I pre-ordered her new book and am chomping at the bit for it to get here! You are so lucky to get to meet her. I read somewhere that she is going to write another book with Weezie Foley as the main character. I CAN'T WAIT!!

Erica

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh Linda! I am so jealous! I love her, too and have read ALL of her books! How wonderful to get to see her again and have a fun night out! I can't wait to read this new book! Sweet hugs!!!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a fun way to spend the evening, I'm sure you could have talked all night long. Let us know how you like the book, It will be a good one.

Diane Mars said...

Great Girls night out!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What fun! I will have to check out this book, Linda, on your suggestion. I'm at the library right now. Had to come here to get internet access, so I will see if they have it. Thanks for the heads up!

XO,

Sheila

Susan said...

Sounds like a blast, Linda. I'd love an afternoon like that! Susan

Nellie said...

This sounds like a very exciting evening! Such fun! Hugs, Nellie

Gina said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! I have read quite a few of her books & enjoyed them.

Kathe said...

What a fun time it looks like you had Linda! Watermelon margarita? Oh that can't be bad at all in my book (pun totally intended lol!)!

ImSoVintage said...

Sounds like a great time. I will have to look for her books.
Hugs,
Laura

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

I have never heard of Mary Kay Anderws but now I have

Jemma said...

Oh, this sounds like so much fun!!!
I am looking for a new author as well!
Happy Hugs-
Jemma

Diann said...

How fun! You know I am a fan of MKA since you are the one that introduced me to her books!

Jenny said...

How fun for you and your friends!

And fun for her to get to meet you!

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Congratulations on meeting Mary Kay and having a girls night out!!

Dawn@ We Call It Junkin.com said...

Oh that sounds like a fun time, and Watermelon Margarita, yummy!

Melanie said...

Sounds like a great ladies' night out! I'm not familiar with Mary Kay Andrews. I'll have to look her up.