Sunday, September 12, 2010

SECOND TIME AROUND FOR SILVER SUNDAY FAVORITES

 I am joining in two wonderful parties today and sharing one of my previous posts!  Hope you enjoy the second time around dated January 9, 2010



Today I am showing some silver that has been thrifted and one piece that was a gift.

 These three silvers were thrift shop finds from my Marathon thrfting the last few weeks...



 The large tray has not been cleaned at all...It was $2.50 on 1/2 price day.  I like the edge detail and think it is a good size for many uses. It has some weight to it but silverplate I'm sure.  It does have markings that say Leonard and E P (electroplate?) marked Italy and some other symbols.  I tried to get a photo of those but they did not come out.



These next two items were only $1 each again at 1/2 price.


The oval tray is Oneida.  The cup is marked Wm Rogers & Bro(?).  Both were very tarnished so I used a little silver polish on them so I could see the details better.  There is still plenty of tarnish, er I mean character left on these pieces. 
A little more detail on the oval tray...
This photo includes the large serving spoon that was a gift from my Stepmother, Gypsy....It is quite lovely.

So many interesting details...flowers and monogramed with an S


It is marked Wm Rogers pat. 1904...is that a pattern number?  I will have to look it up.
This is a highly collectible silverplated floral pattern called Berwick aka Diana. The pattern dates back to 1904 and is a product of the Art Nouveau period. The pattern features flowers, leaves and vines, very ornate. Berwick was made by International Silver and the pieces are marked with the "Eagle Wm. Rogers Star" mark along with "Pat. 1904".
Wow!  Interesting information!  I have several more pieces I inherited when Gypsy passed away and I will have to get them out.

These are my Silver Sunday pieces...
I hope you have enjoyed seeing them.

 These are some special pieces of silver and I wanted to share them again with all of you! 

Thanks goes to these great hostesses!
 Chari at Happy to Design

Always
Linda

23 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Linda,
You found some great pieces while out thrifting. I love the detail work on the trays.
Have a great Sunday.
Jane

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for sharing your silver collection - really like the spoon. I have been tempted to buy some very ornate silver flatware before, but I DO NOT need another collection. :D
Thanks for the Happy B.Day! :-D

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great silver trays and love that spoon. I hope I can find great deals like that on silver some time.

A Few Pennies said...

Just a quick note to tell you I found your site and how lovely your settings are. I am becoming a better "designer" with pretty blogs like yours! Thanks for sharing.

Johanna said...

Hi Linda,
this are all wonderfull silver items. I love the pretty spoon. It has not only a nice pattern but also a beautiful shape.
Greetings, Johanna

Jojo said...

That is a beautiful spoon! Have a great week!

jenn said...

The delicate artwork on these pieces are so lovely, the patterns are so more interesting then the silver we use today.

Jenn
http://www.momentsofelegance.com

Maureen said...

Your pieces are beautiful. The craftsmanship of silver is really something to admire.

Susan said...

Love the ornate silverware, Linda. I'm very drawn to that kind of style. Susan

mrs. c said...

Lovely silver Linda! I got an old, very tarnished silverplated tea service at an auction for 10 dollars. I spray painted it white and am going to paint poka dots and stripes on it for my grand daughter's Alice in WOnderland party! I know that sounds like a terrible thing to do but I had cleaned and cleaned and cleaned it and it looked awful! Have a great week!

Erin@likegrandmas said...

That spoon is gorgeous, I love the detail:)

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

I also like to collect silver, especially flatware. Your serving spoon is gorgeous and the silver trays were great finds.
Hugs, Sherry

Diann said...

Hi Linda!

Really pretty pieces! The serving spoon is just gorgeous!

The Lazy Peacock said...

what beautiful pieces! i love that spoon, it is just wonderful.

i'm having a giveaway - stop by if you get a chance:
http://thelazypeacock.blogspot.com/2010/09/giveaway.html

gail said...

Hi Linda-I love it all-especially the beautiful spoon!
hugs,
gail

Ninny said...

Lovely pieces, Linda. They look heavy and elegant.

Liz

Queenie said...

Your new found silver pieces are so pretty...I know you were thrilled to find these while out marathon thrifting....I tell you, I just had to chuckle at how you worded that...you have such a fun personality you know that?! :)
Hope you have a great week...
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Julie Harward said...

Wow Linda, these are such nice pieces! You did great in finding them! Love the pretties in the post below too :D

Maggie B said...

Hi Linda,
Your silver pieces are lovely, what great finds.
Maggie

Rose said...

beautiful items, but i'm lazy and hate to polish silver. thanks for your comment on my blog re reflect. Enjoy life, appreciate what we have. God Bless

Debbie said...

It is always interesting to find out a little history on your new found treasures. I really like that set,it is a keeper. Debbie

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Linda...

Oooh...I love all silver!!! I have just started collecting it and want more! Hehe! Wow...you found some really pretty pieces at a great price...can't beat that! I'm looking for a set of the round platters...thought they would make great chargers to use with my place settings! I only have one so far! Hehe! Ohhh...and I love, love, LOVE that ornate spoon that belonged to your step-mother...sooo pretty! Thank you for sharing a few pieces of your silver with us for Sunday Favorites this week...such a treat, Linda!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Chatty Crone said...

You really did get some good buys. I liked the spoon as well. sandie