Monday, September 6, 2010

LABOR DAY THRIFTING!

I did a little Labor Day Weekend thrifting and here are some of my finds!

At The St Vincent De Paul Thrift shop I found this plant stand
Just a plain wooden one but for $3 mine
I thought about painting it and putting it on the deck
  But decided to leave it plain and put it on the screened in porch with some of my collection of vintage planters
I really like how the display looks 
I also found this
I love tea trays they are so useful
This one needs some work (the awful contact paper on top)
But the wheels work really well and it is very sturdy for $7

These two little items were cheap!
The small glass apothecary jar will hold so many cute things and with fall coming I'm going to be using it in my decorating!
I collect restaurant creamers 
and this one was 35 cents

Can you read what it says?
Chatham Bars Inn
 Chatham Bars Inn has been Cape Cod’s premier luxury resort since 1914, delighting generations of families, couples, and vacationers seeking a luxury resort experience with the quaint charm and ambiance that is as old as Cape Cod itself.
Less than a quarter mile from the charming village of Chatham, one of New England’s most perfectly preserved towns, Chatham Bars Inn occupies a prime spot on the shore of the Atlantic Ocean—a centrally located midpoint for visitors to the Cape.
Built in 1914 by a wealthy Boston family, this remarkable New England resort, built on 25 acres atop a bluff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, recalls those days of grandeur that are long gone from other Cape Cod vacation destinations. From the spacious veranda of the Main Inn, guests take in picture-postcard views of Pleasant Bay and the open ocean, or settle into an Adirondack chair on their cottage's private lawn or balcony and savor the ocean view from this peaceful place by the shore.

 I got this information from their website Here
I love Cape Cod and would love to visit there again
Maybe stay at this resort!
So how did this creamer make it's way to a thrift in Georgia? 
I would say lifted off a table and packed in someone's suitcase!
**As Pondside pointed out maybe they sold this creamer, so I shouldn't assume.  They also have a gift shop** 
(I found this creamer in a thrift shop and learned this info from the internet and was not compensated in any way for my post about this Chatham Days Inn)

I am joining these two parties
Linda @ Coastal Charm 



Always,
Linda 

24 comments:

~~Carol~~ said...

What a great little souvenir that someone pocketed! I love old restaurant ware, and that creamer is a cute. Your planter collection looks amazing on that plantstand, Linda!
Happy Labor Day!
Carol

Pondside said...

I love that little creamer. It could also be that the hotel changed its china and sold off or donated the bits and pieces.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a cute creamer! Maybe they sold it in their shop??? Let's hope! And you always have the best finds, Linda.

Be sure to sign up for my giveaway. If you win, you can use it in your thrifting adventures!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Kaybe said...

Dang! I had to work today. I love love your planter collection. I have a bunch too. I just love the glazes on them. Glad you had fun today.

gail said...

I collect those little creamers, too. I use them for the inn. We were in Chatham last fall and stayed in a b&b there. It was beautiful.
Good hunting!
hugs,
gail

the cape on the corner said...

i L.O.V.E. love your plant stand with all your green pieces! way to make a statement!

Sandy@Life Began In A Garden said...

Great finds, love the plant stand with your vintage pottery!

Jane said...

Wonderful finds. Your vintage planters look great on your new plant stand!
Jane

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Darling creamer !!! and the planters are perfect on your plant stand!
Warmly,
deb :)

Susan said...

Hi Linda...So glad you had fun thrifting. If we lived closer, we could definitely open a little shop. Wouldn't that be fun? Susan

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Great finds! Love your little creamer

Mary said...

Hi Linda,
First of all, what a pretty orange-themed picture in your header. Love the butterfly and flowers :) I would have so much fun with your wheeled cart (well, one like it, I mean ;) And your green pottery looks so good on the tiered plant stand. What goodies you found!

Katy said...

Great finds! And the creamer is my fav!!

Sherrie said...

My first thought was someone packed the creamer as well, but we will give them the benefit of the doubt. I forgot to mention earlier that I love your green aluminum. I haven't seen that color, how cool. Speaking of loving your finds, the Pyrex with lid. I am drooling. OK what is the Pyrex collective?

The Polka Dot Closet said...

$7.00 for a tea cart.....Your lucky you weren't arrested. it is deals like that, that keep us hunting!

Carol

Lori said...

Love the creamer, you did great on all your deals.

My name is PJ. said...

Great finds! I love your vintage pots on the plant stand! I could always use more plant stands.

And that creamer? You're right...someone took it and then gave it away.....It was probably me. :)

Paula said...

Great finds Linda! I spent many childhood summers on Cape Cod, it's a magical place, sorta a world of it's own:)

AshTreeCottage said...

Love that little restaurant creamer!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Chatty Crone said...

I like the first two items best - always good to get things that hold other 'things' - teehee. sandie

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love the little creamer! Restaurant dishes are great. The plant stand was a great deal too.

Thrifted Treasure said...

Great finds, I really love the plant stand, I'd love something like that in my kitchen, I'd paint it blue and use it for my pots and pans :-)

Joyce said...

Cute little creamer. You collect so many cute things.
Joyce

Ms. Bake-it said...

I love the little creamer with the seagull on it. I like the shelving unit you displayed all your lovely vintage planters.

~ Tracy