Thursday, December 24, 2009

CHRISTMAS EVE TABLESCAPE

Welcome to my home for Christmas Eve.....



I set this table with a set of dishes I found at the Thrift store still in the box. Staffordshire Engravings Yuletide pattern in red. So pretty and festive, $20 for a place setting for four.



The red color on the plates is a pinkish shade and so I've used deep red/burgundy color for the place mats and centerpiece.



The gold and deep red pop on the table.


I found three of these wine glasses at a Antique Mall for $8! I will find that 4th glass I'm sure of it, meanwhile they go perfectly with this table.



The gold mesh ornaments were also found at a thrift shop and the dark berry ornaments are from Big Lots on sale!



The silverware was a wedding gift to my parents over 50 years ago. My Mom has passed it on to me and I treasure it.


This little dish was also found at the Antique Mall, love the shape and color.



I keep thinking something is missing from this tablescape, but can't put my finger on it. So any ideas will be appreciated. Maybe a white tablecloth over the table would help? Meanwhile I will use this tonight and then tomorrow set my table for Christmas Day.



I do love these colors and the shine of the gold ornaments and beads.


Have a great Christmas Eve!

Linda

11 comments:

Susan said...

I LOVE the china, Linda. Very very pretty. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas! Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Oliva Ohlson said...

Beautiful! It looks so Victorian which I love! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Joyce said...

Pretty plates. Merry Christmas.
Joyce

Chatty Crone said...

Merry Christmas!
Sandie

anythinggoeshere said...

A pretty, pretty table. And what good finds! Merry Christmas to you!

The Elegant Thrifter said...

So pretty...and such finds. Thank you for visiting. I know, I absolutely love keeping up with Sonya's antics. If you like, email me (theelegantthrifter@gmail.com) with your mailing address and I'll send you a bookplate to personalize your copy of The Find! Merry merry! Stan

Vonlipi said...

Beautiful tablescape! Thanks for visiting my blog ;)

Thrift Monster said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I like yours too! Your tablescapes are so pretty and creative. I've never been very good at setting tables, but have always appreciated a nicely set dinner table. It always makes the meal seem so much more special!

Jeanette said...

What a lovely table and the china is beautiful. It looks so elegant.

One Gal's Trash said...

Everything looks so pretty! Those Staffordshire plates are delightful. Happy New Year!
xo
Pam

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty table! I love the red dish and the wine glasses - and are those gold beads you've laced throughout the centrepiece? So magical!