Tuesday, December 1, 2009

CALIFORNIA STRAWBERRY'S

I'm linking this up for Tablescape Thursday...




On Black Friday I went into a Goodwill in Chattanooga, TN. I was there when it opened and walked in looking for Christmas decorations. I saw this large pile of dishes and went straight to them. I was so excited I almost could not pick up all 52 pieces of this fabulous dinnerware. I loaded them into my buggy and quivering with excitement checked out.



The dishes are Poppytrail-Metlox made in Calif, and the pattern is California Strawberry!

I had to set a table with these lovlies and it was a perfect after Thanksgiving lets enjoy leftovers before Christmas tablescape.



The set has so many serving pieces and they are in fantastic shape!



Teapot, sugar and creamer. The strawberry's on top are just too cute.



This covered dish is one of my favorites!



Two oval platters and a small round serving plate were also included.



There were some plates and bowls missing, but I got a complete set of 4 place settings in addition to all the serving pieces. I looked on line and these were produced in 1961 by Metlox Potteries. The best part of all, the price. $29.99!! That's right! I looked at china replacements on line and one of the serving pieces would cost as much as my whole set.

This is one of the best deals I have ever found at a Thrift Shop. It was a Good Friday for me! I love these dishes and will use them year round. This is an early Christmas present to myself!

Thanks for stopping by to look at my fabulous find!

Linda

12 comments:

Queenie said...

Hey Linda,
Girl, that strawberry tablescape looks so pretty! What a deal too! I know you were so excited over this find. Wasn't Friday at the thrift store wonderful? The one I went to was dead, no crowds at all, which was great for me.... Everyone was no doubt at the retail stores and malls! LOL! (which I did make my way too also, but not until I visited my fave thrift store first!LOL!)
The pictures are lovely of the pink birds and sunsets...sunsets are easier on my eyes, than sunrises too. Glad you shared those pictures, and the Thanksgiving tablescape was beautiful, that was so fun seeing...so glad you had a wonderful day. Looking forward to more of your wonderful posts...
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Linda these are such charming dishes! I love the strawberry design. You really hit the jackpot!

Susan Wicker said...

Hi Linda.....The dishes really are a great find! Congratulations. Don't you just love thrift store shopping? I know I do! Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Teri said...

Congratulations on your beautiful find! Your table looks very pretty!

niartist said...

And a fabulous find it is indeed! My mother would die for those plates! She loves strawberries! :) Thanks for sharing such a beautiful display!

Andi's English Attic said...

I can sense your excitment through the computer screen! What a lovely service. I especially like the covered dishes - for soup, I guess? xx

Sandy said...

I jsut love those dishes, I have never saw any like them. They will be so versitale. Thanks for stopping by, don't be a stranger.
Sandy

Kathleen said...

They are so cute!! That covered pot is wonderful..
And the price...wow!

Junk Exchange said...

i love goodwill shops, esp the ones that are reasonable about pricing and are filled with new stuff - great save! -
i remember those dishes - my momma had some like them ..

thank you for stopping into my blog!

troy

one gal's trash said...

Okay. First it was the periwinkle creamer and NOW THE STRAWBERRY DISHES! Oh my! Fantastic find...and all for under 30 bucks?
The junk gods were with you that day for sure!
xo
Pam

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love the strawberry plates -- GREAT bargain! And the newer bargains too.

nannykim said...

What a deal!! Love the serving pieces!! I can see why you were quivering ;-0

nannykim at

http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com/