Wednesday, December 9, 2009

VINTAGE PINECONE

Welcome to Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan at Between Naps On The Porch.



I found myself enjoying the cooler days here in Georgia and it inspired this woodsy themed table.

First a Vintage Postcard to welcome you with Christmas Greetings....




I used a two tiered wooden nut dish to make the centerpiece. I put a birdhouse with a cardinal and pine cones in the top and surrounded the bottom with greenery, pine cones and red beads. The runner is a dark green felt with snowmen decorations. I found this at a Thrift Shop in Sanibel Island last year. Picked up the colors I wanted to use for this table.



I had snowmen salt and pepper shakers on the table along with red tea lights each place had a pine cone in the bowl....

I used red placemats, brown napkins and my everyday stainless



To start the layers I used a large cream plate with a vintage plate made by Stetson China Company on top of that. The design is called Pinecone and also was made in blue. I love the colors of green and brown on the plate.



I added a square glass bowl, found at the thrift shop for $1 each. They have an interesting texture and you can still see the pattern through them.



I had a matching small bowl and plate in the pine cone pattern and Libby green glasses to complete the place setting....



Hope you enjoyed this vintage pine cone table. I have several place settings of these dishes found here and there over several years in thrift shops and Antique stores.



Happy Thursday Everyone!

Linda

17 comments:

Paige said...

It looks great Linda! I want some of those Pinecone plates!

Jeanette said...

Linda, I picked up some pinecones yesterday. Those plates are so cute!

Marie Reed said...

I've never decorated my table with pine cones! great idea;)

Southerner said...

The plates would go great with a hand embroidered runner my mom did. Feels like a cabin in the woods.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Linda, I love the pine cone theme. YOur centerpiece is gorgeous with the birdhouse, cardinal and the pine cones, the red bead garland is the perfect touch. Your dishes are so pretty and a pine cone at each place setting just sets the theme off. Beautifully done. I hope you are having a Blessed Christmas Season. Hugs, Marty

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

I'm loving the pinecones! Perfect!

Joyce said...

Love the vintage pine cone plates. I have to look up on the may exactly where you are in Georgia. If you come up my way give me a shout and let me know when and we could meet up for lunch. Oh and the mansion was so pretty inside I want to drag my husband there again next week. I could kick myself for all the times I never went on this holiday tour. They close the mansion for a few weeks just to decorate it and it really is wonderful and made me have so many childhood memories from the candy land game theme. Oh and I also wanted to eat all that candy:)
Joyce

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

I really love the centerpiece, with the birdhouse on top. How clever. Rosie

Cynthia said...

Your table is so cozy and inviting. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my table. Have a wonderful weekend!

Mimi said...

I love those vintage pine cone plates; they seem very familiar to me, but don't recall where. The green glasses go perfectly with the dishes....very, very pretty table. Thank you for sharing. Happy Holidays to you and yours!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh my gosh....I've never seen your pine cone pattern before...Isn't that just tooo fabulous! What a wonderful find. And, I love it on top of the red.....What a perfectly perfect Christmas setting....

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Amanda said...

I love the pinecone plates and the pinecones in the plates. great job.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Linda, this is a perfect Georgia table! I always associate pines with Georgia. The refrain "like moonlight through the pines" is ever linked to your state. I love pinecones, and I think it's neat to decorate the table with them. My mother used to bank our mantle in pine and used pinecones, too. Love it!

XO,

Sheila :-)

I Am My Mother's Daughter said...

I couldn't believe it when I saw your dishes. Thirty years ago when I was married my grandparents gave me a complete set. We used them up over the years, but what a delight to see them again. Thanks!

GWENDOLYN said...

Your table is lovely! Great job with the pine cone centerpiece. Blessings!
Gwen

Phyllis AROUND THE HOUSE said...

I really love the way you took the pinecone theme and ran with it, I love that, and then to put a pretty pinecone on the top, that is just perfect...love the setting

Thrifted Treasure said...

That's a really gorgeous table setting, pine cones are hard to come by this time of year in Australia and even if I did find any my boys would probably just end up throwing them all over the place :-)