Tuesday, December 8, 2009

REDNESDAY - SANTA'S ANYONE?

I am joining Sue at It's a Very Cherry World for REDnesday!

First of all I will apologize for the quality (or lack of) in these photo's. Just because it's Red Wednesday did not mean I planned all the photos to have this reddish tinge...

That said....I found this cute Santa In a sleigh at my local Last Chance Thrift Shop on 1/2 price Monday. So I paid only 99 cents! Now this is some lovely vintage plastic.... Merry Christmas is written on the sleigh...



And the best part.....



The Santa's are coasters! Four of them....I fell in love with this and could not wait to get them home so I could share with all of you. So 70's I think, but just guessing.

Keeping with the 70's theme...

In the early 70's I went to my first Day After Christmas Sale...My cousin took me to a Hallmark store. I was so excited. I found this cute stuffed ornament....Santa of course...Can't begin to remember what I paid, but it couldn't have been much. He has hung on my Christmas tree every year since then.





Another item I bought that day at the Hallmark store, were these cute Santa and Mrs Claus salt and pepper shakers. They were never used as shakers but have been displayed each year as decorations. Guess my excitement when at a yard sale this past summer I found the same pair for a mere 25 cents wow. So now I have two sets....This started my love of "Mrs Claus".



She just looks so calm in the face of all the Christmas excitement.

Hope you all are having a fantastic Wednesday and getting your Christmas decorations up.

Thanks for stopping by my blog during this crazy Christmas season.

Linda

22 comments:

Jeanette said...

Don't you just love the vintage pieces. Your red pieces are very cute.

Susan Wicker said...

Hi Linda....I think the reddish tinge is nice! Cute treasures you found! Sincerely, Susan at writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Paula Grace Designs said...

Hi Linda,

You are one of the winners in my art glass ornament giveaway. I sent you an email but you did not respond. I need your address so I may tell The Artful Home where to send the ornament. Here is the post where I announced the winners ~ http://paulagracedesigns.blogspot.com/2009/12/fun-friday-giveaway-winners.html

Paula Grace

Sandy said...

I had Mr. and Mrs. Claus too! I have had to cut way back on my decorations and so they went to the thrift store....I hope someone else is enjoying them! I love the coaster too! So cute! Christmas and plastic....love it!!!!

~~Carol~~ said...

Linda, I can see why you were excited by those coasters! I've never seen any as cute as those. I love the 70s! And your Mr.and Mrs. C shakers are so wonderful. I've decided to start looking for Christmas S&P shakers, because the full size figurines are just way too expensive!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

Tara said...

Oh I just adore those salt and pepper shakers!!!

Sherri said...

So cute! I just love those Santa coasters!! It's hard to always have good picture quality! I have a really hard time taking pictures of food! Have a great week : ) Sherri@lavenderfields

SueLovesCherries said...

Those coasters are such a delightful surprise! They're so cute! And to now have two sets of the S&P's, how cool is that!

Claudie said...

Hi Linda
I think it's my first time visiting you.
Your a thrift girl like me. I can tell from your happy finds.
Love the Mr. & Mrs. and those coasters!!! So cool.
Happy Rednesday Linda
Love Claudie
xoxoxo

Sandi@ My Yellow Door said...

Hi Linda,
What cute coasters! Thanks for sharing and Happy REDnesday.

Blessings,
Sandi

Robin Ennis Willson said...

Lots of nice reds! I love your blog background too!! Happy red day!

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Seriously LOVING those coasters!!

SmilingSally said...

You can't get better red than Santa!

Queenie said...

How adorable...I love Santas and Mrs. Claus too! That's so wonderful and sweet that you gave your daughter her childhood favorites from your ornament collection...I'm gonna do that too, for my sons one day. I know your daughter loves the memories they bring back for her. As you can tell from my tree, I will be able to spare a some for the boys, when the time comes! LOL! Hope you are having fun decorating!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Dawn said...

What cute finds. I imagine Mrs. Claus must be the sweetest most patient woman there is. She always looks like the perfect grandmother.
Hugs,
Dawn

Manang Kim said...

That is so cute...I am hoping the reindeer didn't get lost ^_^. Thanks for sharing!


My Rednesday

The Lazy Peacock said...

what adorable things! i love the mr and mrs claus set.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Linda, Oh these things are just too cute! I love the coasters! They are adorable. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment. YOu are so thoughtful!!!
Yvonne

Cass @ That Old House said...

What cute vintage Santa Clauses (and Mrs, too!). Love the vintage look...and those coasters are a hoot!
Cass

Tammy518 said...

Oh, how cute! And I love the Santa coasters. They're so unique.

Thanks for visiting me today. I notice you're in Lithia Springs. I have a cousin that lives there. I love that whole Atlanta area.

daylily777 said...

I love all your Santas!
Merry Christmas !
~Myrna

Vintage Christine said...

A reddish tinge at Christmastime is just that much more festive! My photos sometimes wind up that way, it's just due to placement, the lighting, the time of day, blah blah blah. I have a simple photo program, ACDSee, that you can use to get rid of too much red. In any event, your goodies are wonderful. Sorry I'm late on commenting but my computer went kaput yesterday! Happy (belated) Rednesday!