Thursday, December 24, 2009

CHRISTMAS EVE TABLESCAPE

Welcome to my home for Christmas Eve.....



I set this table with a set of dishes I found at the Thrift store still in the box. Staffordshire Engravings Yuletide pattern in red. So pretty and festive, $20 for a place setting for four.



The red color on the plates is a pinkish shade and so I've used deep red/burgundy color for the place mats and centerpiece.



The gold and deep red pop on the table.


I found three of these wine glasses at a Antique Mall for $8! I will find that 4th glass I'm sure of it, meanwhile they go perfectly with this table.



The gold mesh ornaments were also found at a thrift shop and the dark berry ornaments are from Big Lots on sale!



The silverware was a wedding gift to my parents over 50 years ago. My Mom has passed it on to me and I treasure it.


This little dish was also found at the Antique Mall, love the shape and color.



I keep thinking something is missing from this tablescape, but can't put my finger on it. So any ideas will be appreciated. Maybe a white tablecloth over the table would help? Meanwhile I will use this tonight and then tomorrow set my table for Christmas Day.



I do love these colors and the shine of the gold ornaments and beads.


Have a great Christmas Eve!

Linda

11 comments:

Susan Wicker said...

I LOVE the china, Linda. Very very pretty. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas! Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

Oliva said...

Beautiful! It looks so Victorian which I love! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Joyce said...

Pretty plates. Merry Christmas.
Joyce

Chatty Crone said...

Merry Christmas!
Sandie

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

A pretty, pretty table. And what good finds! Merry Christmas to you!

The Elegant Thrifter said...

So pretty...and such finds. Thank you for visiting. I know, I absolutely love keeping up with Sonya's antics. If you like, email me (theelegantthrifter@gmail.com) with your mailing address and I'll send you a bookplate to personalize your copy of The Find! Merry merry! Stan

Vonlipi said...

Beautiful tablescape! Thanks for visiting my blog ;)

Miss Penny said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I like yours too! Your tablescapes are so pretty and creative. I've never been very good at setting tables, but have always appreciated a nicely set dinner table. It always makes the meal seem so much more special!

Jeanette said...

What a lovely table and the china is beautiful. It looks so elegant.

one gal's trash said...

Everything looks so pretty! Those Staffordshire plates are delightful. Happy New Year!
xo
Pam

grunge-queen said...

Such a pretty table! I love the red dish and the wine glasses - and are those gold beads you've laced throughout the centrepiece? So magical!