Monday, December 21, 2009

CHRISTMAS GREETINGS

Welcome! I am joining Susan at thoughtsfromovertherainbow for DECK THE HALLS.


This wall is by the front door and I keep all sorts of special things in the cubbies...of course right now they have Christmas cuties, most of them vintage. I've showed several of the items in the cubbies during Vintage Christmas Mondays. The plates were a thrift shop find a few years ago. The cute bell tree was bought at Cracker Barrel some years ago. It sat on my desk at work each Christmas until this one.

I put a 4 ft tree in my TV/Computer room. I decided this year to put my 'Cat' ornaments on it.

This first one is new this year. I used one of my $5 Hallmark coupons and paid a $1 for it.


I have been collecting Hallmark ornaments for several years. I have 19 years of PUPPY LOVE ornaments. I have 5 years of CAT NAPS ornaments and 11 years of MISCHIEVOUS KITTENS.
Puppy Love and Mischievous Kittens are current series and I got both of the 2009 ornaments using $5 coupons (nice). I no longer have the dog that started the Puppy Love collection (he has passed on) but I hate to quit...I'm hoping next year will be the last year, that would be 20 ornaments. I will pass these onto my daughter one of these days.

Meanwhile back to the cats....I have many other ornaments from friends who know I love my fur baby. Here are a few of my favorite of the Hallmark series.






Whoops got the back side of this guy......







This one (above) is the 2009 Mischievous Kittens ornament. Very cute each and every one of them. I have really enjoyed collecting these cat/kitten ornaments. They make me smile.

Of course I have kept the boxes they came in. Some of these are quite valuable now.

CAT NAPS SERIES



MISCHIEVOUS KITTENS SERIES




1991 first ornament in the Cat Nap Series


The tree with ornaments, lights and vintage stuff underneath....


Now for my second tree..... I have always wanted a Girly tree and this year I bought a 3 ft white tree for the Pink room. I bought as inexpensively as possible pink ornaments, some from the thrift, some from Ross and some from the Dollar Tree. I think it came out so cute!!!

I put a special decoration on the tree. On the first Birthday that Carter and I were together he gave me this princess crown and I loved it. Wore it to work, cause I am THE Princess! So of course it has to go on the girly tree.



I had to take several photos of this most valuable tiara...(yes I know it's plastic and for a child...but it's MY princess crown).



The little snowflakes were from dollar tree, 6 for $1! The small pink balls are from the thrift and the pink spiral I had.



Of course the Girly tree has to have cute things underneath it.....a pink snowman stocking, pink box with a gift and a doll. I needed a tree skirt but didn't want to spend a lot of $$ so I got a cute baby blanket for 50 cents and I think it looks perfect.



Now this sweet little angel doll was in a bag of Christmas goodies I bought at the GW. I didn't realize how cute she was until I opened the bag. She has a little bit of a pug nose, gives her character.


I don't have a lot of fancy decorations, but the one's I put up I enjoy. The larger tree in the living room is where the older ornaments and things the children made are displayed. I've not quite gotten that tree up yet...hmmmm, it's how many days until Christmas? Wishing you all the best this lovely Christmas season.

Linda

11 comments:

Joy said...

Beautiful ornaments and tree's. thanks for reminding me I have one of those hallmark cards left to use yet.

Jeanette said...

Linda, how precious! I love the tiara and the pink tree. But that kitty with the bird cage got my heart. Merry Christmas.

Sarah said...

Your Halmark ornaments are dear. I've not seen these. Love the Princess tiara and your pink tree. Such fun!
Happy Holidays! ~ Sarah

Diann said...

Oh I love all the cat ornaments! They are so cute. I have a couple of Hallmark cat ornaments myself!

Girl, you so Diva-ed that girly tree! And you ARE the princess!! LOVE it!!!

KarenSue said...

Hi Linda! Your trees are beautiful and I just love your Hallmark ornaments. What a great collection.
Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Queenie said...

Those kitty ornaments are precious...I especially love the kitty that's hanging on the birdcage...and the kitty that's standing up hanging the ornament on the tree! I know your special collection of ornaments warms your heart every time you look at them.
Your pink tree is so pretty too...love that little crown!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Tammy518 said...

Lovely decorations and sweet story behind the tiara. Your girly tree turned out great.

Dawn said...

Both trees are wonderul Linda. My kitten is mischievious indeed. My angel tree topper was on the ground when I came home a few days ago.

We do a girlie tree in my daughter's room. The whole tree is pink with bright pink, teal, green and purple ornaments. It's just a small table top one and she goes to sleep with the lights on then I turn them off later.

Have a wonderful Christmas,
Dawn

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

I love all your hallmark ornaments.. of course I do, we have many. I love all the kitty ones, I think I have 2 that are proabably 29 years or so old.. You have a lovely home. I've enjoyed my tour. Thank you for stopping by and saying hello. I would love to have you pop in any 'ole time. From our home to yours a Very Merry Christmas..hugs ~lynne~

Leah@storybookranch said...

I am in love with the white, girly tree!! So sweet..

Charmingdesigns said...

oh how I love your kitty ornaments!!!