Sunday, December 20, 2009

BLUE MONDAY & VINTAGE CHRISTMAS

I am so happy to be joining two wonderful blog parties today Vintage Christmas Monday with Joan at Anything Goes Here and BLUE MONDAY with
Smiling Sally. I will start with BLUE MONDAY.

A few weeks ago I was visiting over at Paula Grace Designs. The Artful Home had graciously given her three ornaments to offer in a give-a-way. Of course I entered! Imagine my surprise and great joy when Paula left me a message that I had won! I gave her my address and The Artful Home sent me this beautiful ornament entitled VINCENT by Paul Lockwood. When it arrived I was stunned....It is much more beautiful then the photos....mine don't do it justice but I tried. I have displayed it on an ornament stand I found at the thrift shop for $1 before I won....meant to be.




The blue and white swirls are amazing.



The light on it brings out so much texture and color that photos can't show.



I am so proud to have this work of art in my home. Thanks Paula!



Now for Vintage Christmas...

This isn't really 'vintage' but it looks old and I love it. Anyone who knows me knows I love my fur baby Charlie the Cat. I got this at a craft show years ago and while I don't let anyone use it I do display it.



I only had a few Vintage Christmas items, but today I was thrifting and found these two cute items.


First is a candle holder in vintage plastic



The faces are so cute...I love how they are snuggled up...


These next two were in a bag with some magnets but all I could see were these ANGELS




They are so tiny, the candle holder would hold a birthday candle only.. again I love the faces with their upturned noses...so cute.


So these are my Vintage finds....I have really enjoyed visiting everyone and seeing the wonderful vintage Christmas items...You can bet I will be looking all year long for some new treasure.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Linda

10 comments:

Postcardy said...

The little candle holders are really sweet.

Jeanette said...

Just so precious. Merry Christmas.

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

That blue ornament is beautiful and I love your vintage items. I forgot to take a picture of my little angel. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful Christmas.
Blessings,
Marcia

SmilingSally said...

You certainly know how to thrift shop!

That blue ornament is outstandingly beautiful. I'm so happy for you. I love that it's displayed solo like that. Happy Blue Monday and Merry Christmas!

My Grama's Soul said...

Glad you are feeling better, and pleased you were finally able to post.

Merry Christmas,

Jo

Manang Kim said...

This is my first time to see that kind of Christmas ball it swirls and it's just very pretty. The angels are awesome too...


Nativity scene

jlshall said...

Oh, I love those little angels - they remind me so much of the little decorations my mother used to put out every Christmas. Lovely Blue Monday post. Glad you're feeling better, and hope you stay that way!

Happy Holidays from Joysweb

Diann said...

Hi Linda!

Oh congrats on winning that awesome ornament! That is so cool. Love your other cute vintage ornaments.

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

Thanks for sharing your treasures with us for Vintage Christmas Monday. Thank you for participating.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.

xo Joan, your hostess

Chatty Crone said...

Man, I'm late with Merry Christmas - but Merry CHristmas (post). My and DIL just left today. They came in early in the week and I hardly get to see them. They are both doctors and it's hard for then to get time off. So sorry I am late!

How was your Christmas and did you have a good one?

Sandie