Sunday, December 6, 2009

DAY TRIP TO CHATTANOOGA

On a recent trip to Chattanooga, TN I took some photos in the park. Had a wonderful time even though it was cold and the wind was really blowing.

This photo of the walking bridge over the river was my favorite
shot of the day.


I loved the blue of the steel girders of the bridge and the design and shadows they made.





A view of the carousel building through the bridge


Most of the trees were bare because of so much rain and the wind, but this beauty against the blue and cloudy sky caught my eye.




This photo is from my yard and looking at the hydrangeas that have turned brown

It was a fun to take some photos as it had been awhile since I had done so. I am not the best photographer, but I do love it and hope to continue to learn and improve.

Thanks for taking some time to view my attempts!

Linda

6 comments:

Tara said...

We love going to Chattanooga! In fact, that's on our agenda for January!!!

Jeanette said...

What a fun trip. I love going there but sometimes I get a little afraid of driving in the mountains.

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

Beautiful pictures, especially the hydrangeas. We stayed overnight there years ago on our way home from Florida. We visited their aquarium.

Queenie said...

Hey Linda,
I'd love to visit Chattanooga,...I loved Gatlinburg TN...beautiful photos you got of that pretty blue bridge! Great finds in the post below too, love those blue and white plates...and looking forward to your tablescape you create with them. Hope you have a great night!
Big Hugs,
Queenie

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Linda your photos are wonderful! You have a good eye for an unusual and interesting picture.

I'm so glad you enjoyed my Sesame Street post! I loved Grover and my daughter loved Big Bird and my son Oscar the Grouch..lol

I bought a "Tickle me, Elmo" for my grandson for his first birthday! :-)

Diann said...

Awesome pictures you got Linda! Loved seeing a tree still with its leaves on.

Hope you are having a wonderful day!