Sunday, September 1, 2013

Packing For Paris

Paris 
After planning my flight schedule and renting the apartment, I think I've spent the next biggest chunk of planning for Paris trying to decide....
What Will I Wear??
I found this pink beret in the Spring and had to get it.  I then decided I would do a mix n match wardrobe.  I chose the colors, black, white, grey & pink.
I checked to see the average temps for early Sept are 70's in the daytime and 50's at night.  Of course it can be hotter and I guess colder.  Also there is always a chance of rain!
I found both of these light weight cotton tops with 3/4 sleeves.  I can layer them over a tee or tank.  I ended up finding all black pants.  1 pair of jeans, 2 capris and one pair of cargo pants that can be rolled up shorter if it gets warm.
Using mostly solids I have three scarfs to add color and interest to my outfits.
Grey, Pink & Black Tees, White over shirt and several tanks will add to the variety
I love this $5 WalMart scarf and find it blends with the white shirt or the grey sweater
This white sweater can be dressed up or down!
The plan is for 3 pair of shoes.  Flip flops, nicer sandals and a pair of walking shoes.  I love the black and pink one's but they are brand new and I'm still trying to decide if they are comfy enough to take or I'll go back to my older but more broken in white shoes.
This light weight jacket is one of the few items I did not buy new for this trip.
This bag will hold my daily spending money, camera, tissues, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, and umbrella.  I have a money belt for securing my passport, credit cards and extra cash.
I found there was much more to packing then just my clothes!  Sleep mask, blow up pillow, and money belt will all be in my carry on.  I also have converter plugs for my electronics.  
My electronics include my camera, extra SC cards, telephone, Chrome book and Kindle ,and of course,  a full bag of chargers will also be going!
My luggage for this trip.  The pink case will be checked and the turquoise will be carried on with my electronics, personal items and a change of clothes...just in case!
Whew!
Of course there are nightclothes and underclothes but no need to 'share' those with you! 
Our apartment will have a washing machine so that will help also.  We can wash things and hang to dry.
Of course I'll have make up, shampoo, etc and I have a great hangup bag for that.
My guide book is ready along with my journal!
Charlie is starting to figure out someone is going somewhere and he wants to go also!
Sorry Charlie!
No passport for kitties! 

My daughter Ashleigh will be here on Tuesday and will take me to the airport and see me off as I start this amazing trip which is a gift from her!
 (If you don't know that story you should read it HERE)

I have all the wonderful advice and tips you all have given me ready to go.  Just a few more days and this dream will be a reality! 

I will take lots and lots of photos, journal, eat, look, see and soak in all that is Paris.  My traveling companion my cousin Joletta is equally excited.  We will meet in Newark, NJ and board our flight for Paris there.  I can't wait!

Linda


33 comments:

Nellie said...

What an amazing gift from your daughter! You are going to have to have a LOT of fun, because you are enjoying this trip for MANY of us! I doubt that I will ever make it there myself.

You have made some excellent fashion decisions! Most important - just be sure you are comfortable in whatever shoes you choose!

Expecting LOTS of pictures!

xo Nellie

sissie said...

Hi Linda,
I'm so excited for you! I hope you have a wonderful trip and I can't wait to hear all about it.

hugs
Sissie

Kathy Moreland said...

Take care, and have fun!!

Shelia said...

You're ready! Oh, you're going to look so pretty! I love it that you planned on all the interchangeable clothes. I need to buy more solid colors so I can do this! Excitement! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Jojo said...

The time has come!!! Yay!!! Love your wardrobe and all the pieces that you've put together. You will have the time of your life making memories that will truly last a lifetime!!

Just can't wait to see the pictures and hear all the stories of the A LA CARTE Adventures in Paris!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I love seeing the cute outfits you've put together. The scarves are a good idea. If you get into a cool wind, you can put a scarf around your head, too. And I'm glad you are taking a journal. I hope you'll do a little sketching as well as writing. I'm so very happy for you! Sweet hugs, Sis!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

I am so excited for you, Linda! You are so wise to pack mix and match! Have the best time ever and say hello to Rue Cler for me! I can't wait to hear all about it! Bon voyage!...Debbie

Chatty Crone said...

TUESDAY - can you believe it? I can't believe it. You must be on the edge of your seat. I do see one thing there you have not packed- did you have an umbrella there? You might need one. Oh Linda I want this to be the best trip ever for you!

sandie

SavannahGranny said...

You are gonna have soooooo much fun. I am so happy for you and your cousin. What a wonderful gift from your daughter.
I will have to find out about your apartment. I want to go back and take my daughter with me. It would nice if we could rent an apartment.
Enjoy yourself and we await your gazillon pictures.
xoxGinger

Katnip Lounge said...

I think you are going to be tres monde!

The scarf idea is great an I'm copying it for my vacation...in three weeks.

20 North Ora said...

Linda - I am so excited for you and with you! You seem to be all ready in every aspect. I know you are going to have a very memorable time and we all cannot wait on your pictures and review of your trip!

Have a great trip and travel safely.

Judy

Vicky Hunt said...

Oh Linda....I love your mix and match wardrobe! The color scheme is perfect...and you will be looking stylish, yet comfortable. Love the black and white scarf and will have to look for that at Wal Mart. They have some really pretty ones and I love scarves!I'm sure you are giddy with anticipation! Savor these moments and I pray you and your cousin have the time of your lives!

Blessings, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Sarah said...

I think you are ready, girlfriend! I'll be thinking about you while you are in Paris having a grand time and will be eager to see your photos. So excited for you!
Bon Voyage! ~ Sarah

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

I can't believe the time is here!! Enjoy every second of your trip!! Such a perfect time to go over!! I know you've already done it --- but call one more time about your credit card(s). Better to be safe!! Can't wait for your FIRST picture in Paris!! God bless and God Speed to you Linda!!

Hartwood Roses said...

Time sure has a way of sneaking up on a girl ... I had no idea that your Paris trip was so soon! I know that you will have a wonderful time. I'm so happy for you.

Cheri said...

So excited for you Linda, have an absolutely WONDERFUL time and be safe. Love all your outfits, you chose well...they are all so well thought out (much better than I would do). Can't wait to hear all about your adventure when you get back. We all need to get together so you can share.

Mary Clark said...

Thanks for sharing all your packing plans with us, that was fun! Can't believe in two days you'll be on your way. Love the wardrobe you've put together, great planning! Can't wait to see pics when you finally arrive in your dream destination!

Hugs ~ Mary

Jane and Chris said...

You are going to look tres chic!
Have wonderful time!
Jane x

Marigene said...

I am so excited for you, Linda! You are going to be very stylish...have a wonderful trip and bring back lots of pictures.

Diann said...

This is just so exciting! I can't wait to hear all about your trip. You take care of yourself, have LOTS of fun and just relax! Huge hugs friend!!

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

Love your mix and match outfits! Have a fun and safe trip! Looking forward to your pics :)

Susan said...

Ooh lah lah, Linda. It's getting EXCITING. Just a few more hours and VOILA! Up in the air you go.

SOoooooo happy for you. Can't wait to see your photos and read your posts about the most amazing trip one can take!

Au Revoir! Susan

Pondside said...

Ah, Linda, what an adventure! I'm glad I came back on line in time to wish you Adieu and Bon Voyage! I look forward to hearing all about this trip-of-a-lifetime!

Brenda Kula said...

Oh, it sounds so exciting! I remember your post about the gift trip. How long will you be gone?
Brenda

Jill said...

Have the best time, Linda!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

EXCITED!!!!!!!!
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!
have FUN!!!!!!!
You are all ready for your trip to Paris!
Warmly,
deb

tljwlj said...

My granddaughter and I will be going to Paris next June. I can't wait to hear about your trip. Hope you have some tips for us.Is the a good book with tips for Paris/ Italy?

What and where did you get the idea of what to wear. That has been my biggest fear. I don't won't to stand out but blend in. We will only be there 2 days the Italy for 10.

Enjoy your time and be careful.
Wanda ll

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

I like the look of the coloured bag for your daily outings very nice. Hope you have a bloody awesome time

ImSoVintage said...

I can't believe it is time already. Soooo excited for you. xo Laura

Terra said...

You are going to have so much fun and the apartment idea is great. You will want to buy some clothes, scarves, etc. in Paris, so save some room to bring them back with you.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

The time has finally arrived...so excited for you!!! Love your wardrobe ideas...you are sooo prepared! Have a
WONDERFUL trip!!!

the cape on the corner said...

you did a great job of mixing and matching! and that beret-so cute! make sure you get a picture of you wearing that, that i'd like to see!

Annesphamily said...

Linda I am happy for you making a special dream come true! Enjoy!