Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Paris Day Nine and Ten

All about Museums!
Paris has some of the most amazing museums with world famous art!  

Day Nine

The Louvre
Crazy big place!  
With our Paris Museum Pass we skipped the lines and got inside pretty fast.
J has trouble with stairs so we used as many elevators and escalators as possible
Of course I needed a picture to prove I was here!
Once inside we got our map
The Louvre covers art from the Ancient World to 1850
I must say once inside it took us a while to figure out where we were and where we wanted to go.  Very confusing!  This might have been one place that a tour guide might have been worthwhile.
That said we did find the things we wanted to see!
You know I'm a glass gal and this collection of cobalt was amazing! 
We were allowed to take photos in the Louvre as long as we did not use a flash
Ancient glass for the Greeks!
This was one of my favorite displays

The building itself is amazing!
Of course we had to see this painting
The Mona Lisa
I didn't take that many photos since I just really wanted to enjoy the experience
The sculptures were some of my favorites also!
We spent several hours and really enjoyed it.
The Louvre is somewhere I've dreamed of visiting since I was a teenager and to finally be there was amazing.  You could of course spend days looking but we felt like we made the most of our few hours there!
We ended the day with a cup of...
The most amazing hot chocolate! 
Like a candy bar in a cup!
Loved it!
It started to rain so home on the bus and in for the night.  
We had quiche for dinner in the apt.

Day 10
Rain, Rain, Rain
Joletta had done so much walking at the Louvre that she needed a day of rest.  My plan was to see the other two museums on my list! 
I took the bus and walked one block to 
Musee d'Orsay
This museum houses French art from 1848 - 1914 including my favorite Impressionism

This museum is housed in the old train station
No photos allowed
I did snap this photo inside of the clock.
It was amazing!  I saw so many famous paintings and artists!  Renoir, Manet, Degas, Monet, Gauguin, Cezanne, Van Gogh, Seurat, Toulouse-Lautrec and so many more!
To show you some of my favorites I bought some post cards.  
This is the inside of the museum.
Degas - Danseuses Bleues

Both of these are Claude Monet
I love the top painting,  The Magpie
and the bottom is Le Dejeuner
Vincent Van Gogh
Amazing colors, stunning!

My next stop was the 
Musee De L'Orangerie
It was about a 15 minute walk from D'Orsay
Rainy and windy I crossed the Seine on this foot bridge.  Covered with locks of love!
I thought this would be fun if you were in Paris with the one you Love!
Again my museum pass got me right in without standing in line (in the rain I might add)
Well worth the price for this pass!
A small museum but worth the visit for the wonderful Monet Water Lilies
Again no photos
I bought these water lilie earrings at the gift shop
I have worn them already and love them
A great reminder of Paris and the museums
I bought Tiger this great book.  It will expose him to some great art works on his level.  We will have fun reading this.
As I walked back across the Seine and caught my bus back to the apt, nothing could stop me from smiling.  Rain in Paris is still more gorgeous then rain anywhere else.  Even the Eiffel Tower is lovely in its cloud of rain! 

So ends day 10!

Linda




35 comments:

Starry Dawn said...

Hi Linda,
I love your amazing blog.
I would like to follow your blog,
but I do not know how.
Please, tell me if I could do that.
I am impressed by the quality of your wonderful blog.
God bless you, Linda.
All the Best,
Poet Starry Dawn.

Sarah said...

LInda, I agree, Paris is fabulous in any kind of weather. Your museum visits will always be a wonderful memory. It is truly amazing to stand in front of such masterpieces. Love seeing all these places through you camera lens. ~ Sarah

Melanie said...

What gorgeous photos...those museums are amazing. So glad you are soaking up every moment. (Oops, no pun intended with soaking up when you mentioned all the rain!)

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Linda! I am so glad you got to hit all three of those museums...rain and all! I could move into the Musée d'Orsay and wake up every morning to those wonderful Impressionists! So glad you had such a wonderful time!...hugs...Debbie

the cape on the corner said...

love that last image! enjoy your new earrings.

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

I love the earrings as a reminder of the painting :-)

Deb said...

Wonderful post, Linda. I really enjoyed the tour.

Jane and Chris said...

Love ,love, love The Magpie because I love magpies!
That's how I prefer winter...in a painting.
Jane x

20 North Ora said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing this fantastic trip with us!.

Judy

Liz@ Infuse With Liz said...

I am envious of your trip! I love how you can see the Eiffel Tower so easily from so many places. It sounds like you made the best of each day.

Tricia said...

I am enjoying your travelogue and have sent links to my sisters, both of whom also love Paris. Those earrings were the perfect souvenir!

Karen Estes said...

I love seeing the pictures, and imagine that the museums were full of lovely art. I am still pea green cousin!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've read that getting a museum pass is a smart idea! How wonderful to be able to spend time in these amazing places! I'm going to sit here and look at your photos again! Sweet hugs!

ImSoVintage said...

I am really enjoying your visit to the museums, Linda. So wonderful. xo Laura

Diane said...

Linda - this was like walking down memory lane. I love the museums in Paris! I do understand about the Louvre, though - it is totally confusing and I have been there several times with and without a tour guide! I guess you could go every day for a year and never see everything.

Vicky Hunt said...

Great photos Linda! The last one of the rainy day in Paris is just beautiful! Your earrings are very pretty. Those museums are fabulous...I bet you could spend hours and hours looking in them. Thanks for taking us along on your trip! It has been such fun....:)

Blessings, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

Lucky you getting to visit such amazing museums I would love to visit The Louvre, loved all the photos your visit to Paris sounds like a wonderful experience

Susan said...

What a wonderful tour you gave us, Linda. Fabulous. Loved it. Ohhhhh, those sculptures! So incredible. This truly is a trip of a lifetime for you! Thanks for taking us along. Susan

Nellie said...

Beautiful, beautiful, Linda! How could you bear to leave? Well, I suppose when the money runs out, we can't stay any longer, can we?:-) xo Nellie

Chatty Crone said...

I spent about a minute per picture thinking about all you saw - what all it meant - it's so different there isn't it with all the history and everything. Very romantic. Was it cooler there than here - you had your coat on a lot. sandie

Donna said...

Wow, what a whirlwind trip to all of the museums! We've been to the Louver twice, and both times got totally lost! The Orsay is one of my favorites, too. Love your new earrings! And so true about the rain in Paris, it just makes it seem more romantic, I think. I really don't like those locks on the bridges, though!!

Ginger Knox said...

Simply beautiful. Your pictures are awesome and you are right the museums in Paris are the best in the world. I just love that last picture. You should have that enlarged and framed, made into a tee shirt, made into coasters, transferred on homespun napkins and on and on. Love that picture.
Thank you for sharing, xoGinger

Annesphamily said...

There is where i would say I am so jealous of you! Hee Hee! But only that you got to see all my favorite artists and the art! Sigh! I love those earrings. SO sweet. I love the shot of the Eiffel Tower in the rain. Gorgeous. Have fun and be safe. Hugs Anne

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Yes!! All those museums and all the art!! Even with the rain- You were able to see so much!! Wonderful! Isn't it funny how small the Mona Lisa is?? Nice earings and neat book for Tiger!! Perfect age for him to sit on your lap as you read the book and tell him all your stories of Paris!!

Curtains in My Tree said...

Linda
amazing you are there I also have a dream to go someday
My daughter went once while in school over there and I think she showed me the same pictures of the Louvre and Mona Lisa

keep sending pictures

Janice

Linda Primmer said...

Lovely pictures. Paris is such a lovely place to visit. There's so much history and museums and churches. We went in 2000 and had a fabulous time. It was fun looking at your incredible photos.

Diann said...

Wow, so awesome Linda! thank you for sharing all your amazing adventures in Paris with us!

Mary Clark said...

Oh I love the Impressionism artists, too, wish I could have gone there with you. And the Mona Lisa, that's really a dream come true, I can't imagine seeing it in person. So glad you're getting to see everything you wanted.

Mary

scott7258 said...

Thanks so much for taking us along with you on this fabulous trip. I agree - the rain made it seem that much more romantic & mysterious. I love the impressionists. Your photos are wonderful. Mary

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Gorgeous pictures Linda. Don't you wish you could find glass like that at a yard sale?

xinex said...

Looking at this pictures is making me excited. We are going in Nov. and I can't wait, I have been to Paris but only toured for a day because it was just a day excursion so we just took a tour where the bus drove us around, no time to go inside buildings. We also took the river seine cruise and had lunch on the boat. Did you go to the flea market?...Christine

xinex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Cat Guy said...

Delightful! I bet one could spend a lifetime just roaming around the museums. Thanks for sharing these places!

The White Pear Tree said...

Sigh! It's a dream, isn't it? I too took pics of that bridge, so fun!

Nicole
xx

Linda Walker said...

Lovely photos of Paris. I have never been. I too have been trying to find the link to follow your blog but cannot. please let me know if I have missed it somewhere. Thanks!
Linda
mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com