Sunday, September 8, 2013

Paris Day Two

I woke up to rain!  In Paris!
It was lovely!
I called the airline and my luggage had arrived in Paris, now they were waiting for a courier to pick it up and deliver it.  I should get a call soon.  They did call around 10am and said they would deliver between 1-6pm.  Of course since we are staying at an apt I have to be here to accept it.  I went out for a quick walk and stopped for my first cafe creme!
It was so delicious!
A mere 4 Euros....yikes!  I don't spend that kind of money on coffee...except while I'm in Paris! 
I then did a little shopping and bought a new shirt, jeans and scarf.  My trip insurance will cover it since I was without my luggage for over 6 hours.
As I was walking back to our apt this was the view of the Eiffel Tower from Rue Saint Dominique!

We waited and waited and finally the luggage was delivered around 4:30pm!
Way to waste half a day in Paris, grrr!
But I have my luggage!
The rain had stopped so we decided to take a walk over to the Eiffel Tower to check it out from the ground!
I can't begin to explain just how large this is!  Amazing!  It was cloudy but there were still long lines to go up in the tower.  We just walked around and enjoyed being that close to the tower!
Playing tourist.  This photo was taken with J's camera phone
A welcome in two languages!
My cousin Joletta!
This was my favorite photo of the day!
Just the interesting architecture and it's of the Eiffel Tower and I'm looking at it with my own two eyes.  

We walked back towards our apt feeling like we really are in Paris!
We stopped for dinner at
Bistro St Dominique
I had steak with Bearnaise sauce, mashed potatoes and haricot verts(green beans).  Of course bread and 
Wine!

We walked the few blocks back to our apt and called it a night! 
I saw the Eiffel Tower up close and got my suitcase...not a bad day!

Bonsoir,

Linda

27 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

I'm enjoying your trip immensely!!!

Vicky Hunt said...

Nothing like a trip to Paris before I return to kindergarten in the morning...lol! I am so enjoying your trip with you and Joletta! You ladies keep having fun and be safe!

Blessings, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Jane and Chris said...

My first vin rouge was enjoyed on the banks of the Seine on a school picnic...we've been to the same place!!
Jane x

Chatty Crone said...

Linda I have to say everything looks so wonderful there and I know you are savoring every minute. sandie

Sarah said...

An afternoon to relax while waiting on the luggage, might help you fight off jet lag. Glad your luggage arrived! You are in "my" hood. Ha! It's fun to get to know an area. By the time you leave, you will feel as if this is your hood too. What's on the agenda for tomorrow? ~ Sarah

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

Love the Eiffel Tower photos! Happy your luggage arrived! Enjoy!

Jane
Flora Doora

Rebecca said...

Those are AMAZING photos of the Tower! I really am liking the looks of your blog. Can't help wonder what you'll be doing tomorrow?????

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I love seeing your meals! It was bad you did not have your luggage, but now you have some Parisian clothes!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I know you are having a wonderful time - even if you did have to wait on the suit case. Thanks for sharing your day in Paris with us.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

How smart of you to get insurance!!!
I'm LOVING seeing Paris with you and your cousin!
Warmly,
deb

Mary Clark said...

Bonsoir to you! Awesome pics of the Eiffel Tower!!!!

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

The photos of the Eiffel Tower are marvelous, simply beautiful........

Brenda Kula said...

I'm so glad you're having fun. Now you have your luggage, so get out there and explore!
Brenda

Shelia said...

Woo hoo! So glad your luggage came and glad you're having fun!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Susan said...

Oh, the tower looks fabulous. You are right. It wasn't a bad day at all.

It even gave you an opportunity to rest a little.

And the dinner? Tres magnifique!
The wine? Deeleesh! ha ha ha

Take care, dear Linda, and have a wonderful Monday. Susan

20 North Ora said...

So enjoying your photos and description of your fabulous trip! Glad you got your luggage and are having a great time!

Judy

Melanie said...

I love seeing all the Paris photos and hearing about what you're doing - and eating! Looks absolutely wonderful. Sorry to hear your luggage was lost for awhile though.

Diane said...

Oh, I am so excited for you, but it is making me want to fly right over and join you. Such a beautiful city - almost makes me want to cry, since I have had some wonderful moments there. I cannot wait to see more photos!

Donna said...

Bonjour Linda!
I've missed your posts, so I'll have some catching up to do. You have been in my thoughts as you explore the city of lights. Sorry about your luggage, at least it wasn't lost! The Eiffel Tower is amazing, isn't it? You should try and go to the top while you are there. Take the elevator if you don't want to walk, the views are incredible!

I'm so excited for you!!!

the cape on the corner said...

oh my gosh, I didn't see that you hadn't gotten your luggage! that stinks ( I always travel with extra clothes in my carry on). thankfully you got them, and what amazing pictures of the Eiffel tower up close and personal! yay!

Jann Olson said...

Oh what a view Linda! The steak looks yummy. Have so, so, so, much fun!
hugs,
Jann

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That sounds like a MOST fabulous day! And it was nice to have a little spending money for a new outfit. Love seeing the details of the tower in your photo...WOW! Amazing! You both look great, too! HAVE FUN!!!

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

So wonderful!! I'm having fun with you!!!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Awesome closeup view of the Eiffel Tower. So happy that you finally got your luggage!

Diann said...

This is just so exciting enjoying the trip with you Linda!

Liz@ Infuse With Liz said...

Wow Linda I just went through all your Paris posts! You look like you're having a great time! I love all the pictures you've shared. What a fabulous experience!

Annesphamily said...

Linda you can turn lemons into lemonade! What a crazy and yet beautiful day!