Thursday, September 12, 2013

Paris Day Four and Five

Day Four
Sunday in Paris is fairly quiet
A slower start to the day
We slept in and then decided to take the #69 bus which would take us on a tour of Paris from 
The Eiffel Tower to the Pere LaChase Cemetary and back!
It was more crowded then we anticipated but we got seats and just enjoyed the ride.  I did not take photos...just looked!
We stopped at the end of the line and found a cafe and enjoyed a glass of wine.  We then boarded the bus heading back to The Eiffel Tower!
On a street in Paris....Round green thing is trash/recycling and the small building is a public toilet.
McDonald's was busy!

Our bus left us at the foot of the Eiffel Tower 
so of course we took more photos!
Me and ET!!!

We walked back to the apt and stopped for dinner at the Bar Du Central across the street from the apt.  We had hamburger and french fries
American/French food!  
Just kidding!  It was good. 
No pics, I really was tired!

Day 5
We woke up to pouring rain! 
After waiting for awhile to see if it would stop we decided to go out and shop.  The lovely little place I had shopped in before was open and we browsed around for awhile. 
Both Joletta and I found some scarves!
Then being hungry we dashed to the closest cafe!
I had a fabulous mushroom omelette served with french fries.  
I also had a nice warm cup of cafe creme!
this photo of course is after I finished eating
Still pouring down rain we headed back to the apt.  We did go out a little later when the rain slowed down and shopped some more.  Joletta bought a really pretty leather purse.  We bought croissants and quiche and headed to the apt for the night! 
 I would rather be In Paris in the rain then anywhere else!

Bonsoir,

Linda

26 comments:

20 North Ora said...

Sounds like you are having such a good time. I'm so glad.

Enjoy!!

Judy

Melanie said...

Sounds like you're still having the most wonderful time...thanks for sharing!

Marigene said...

Linda, I am so happy to hear you are having such a wonderful time! Enjoying all the pictures...keep them coming.

Kathe said...

I love you taking us along on your fun journey Linda! French fries?? Really?? LOL! Love it!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's wonderful that you can get public transportation to take you places. And of course you're right...you can always shop when it's raining. I love scarves and would be very tempted by a leather purse! oh my! What fun you're having! Enjoy yourself, my sweet friend and Sis! Tell your cousin I want to see her new purse!

Donna said...

Glad you are having a wonderful time.
D

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Thanks for taking us along on your trip to Paris. I hope you continue to have a wonderful time.

Sarah said...

Linda, I'm with you. I'd rather be in Paris, rain or shine. I know just what route you took. ;-)
Glad you and Joletta are having a good time. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Mary Clark said...

Sounds good, a little rain won't ruin Paris. Are y'all going to the top of the Eiffel Tower?

Have fun ~
Mary

Vicky Hunt said...

Great pictures Linda! I bet Paris in the rain is still fabulous! How are the temperatures there? Have fun shopping...can't wait to see you in your new Parisian scarf! :)

Blessings, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Nellie said...

Shopping is always a good rainy day activity.:-) Thank you for taking us along with you.

xo Nellie

Susan said...

What a lovely tour of France you are giving us, Linda. Merci merci. Susan

Shelia said...

Sounds like a lovely day and I'll bet you were Singin' In The Rain! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jane and Chris said...

I remember the public toilets ,for men only,were revolting!!!
Jane x

Suzan Sweatman said...

You had FRITES Linda - not plain old French Fries LOL - looks like you're having an incredible time!!!
I need to get back there - Please tell me you've tried the L'ENTRECOTE??? I think I mentioned that restaurant to you - do you still have time - IT'S A MUST - I PROMISE!!!
XOXOXO

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I recongnize the toilet across from Pierre Lachaise! My girlfriend tried to use it and a homeless man had camped out in their.
Even with rain Paris is grand. Your food looks wonderful.

Dawn@ We Call It Junkin.com said...

Hi Linda! I've been enjoying your posts and photos all week, I've been reading from my phone in the carpool line and it's just a pain to type comments on that thing, so haven't left you a comment til today, but I've been keeping up. Sorry they lost your luggage! That's a pain! At least you got a new outfit for free. Glad you're having fun, be safe - Dawn

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

I am having fun reading all of your posts thus far....loved that market one ! :)

the cape on the corner said...

when I was in Holland they had public urinals, right on the street. i just don't get it.

i think i'm loving all your food and drink pics the most. oh, and of course you and "ET."

ImSoVintage said...

I think Paris must be wonderful not matter what the weather. I am so glad that you are enjoying your visit so much. xo Laura

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

Rain in Paris isn't like rain anywhere else!


Enjoy Jane

Donna said...

Bonjour, Linda! My mouth is watering just thinking of all that delicious food! The fries and omelettes are the best ever in Paris! I keep meaning to mention that when they bring out bread, you just need to ask for some butter (beurre). Of course they usually can't understand it the way we pronounce it, but eventually they understand! I need my butter with French bread:)

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Am loving all the pictures that you have posting!! I remembering being shocked when I saw pom fritz (frech fries) the first time!! I thought they were American for some reason!! Hope it gets sunny so you can go all over!!

Chatty Crone said...

I am so jealous in a great way - wish I was there and not here! lol sandie

Annesphamily said...

You are such a balanced personality and you make everything seem better when it is rainy and cool. I am so wishing I could be there too!

Pondside said...

I love how adventurous you are, Linda. Public transportation is the best, but it can be a challenge at first. You are a star....or should I say un etoile!