Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Amazing Daughter Ashleigh!

My oldest daughter is 33 today!
Happy Birthday to my Amazing Ashleigh!
I am blessed to have spent several days with her in Las Vegas for 
Mother's Day weekend
We stayed three nights at the Mirage
This was my first visit to Las Vegas 
It is an amazing place!
Our first day we took a sightseeing stroll down Vegas Blvd!  I loved it, hot but not too hot! Glad we went in May.  We stopped at the Bellagio fountains...they are truly amazing!  One of my favorite things in Vegas for sure.
The Botanical Gardens in the Conservatory of the Bellagio were gorgeous!  I showed you a few photos already but here are some more!  
 Amazing colors and the fragrance was lovely!
The glass roof in the conservatory...love these hanging umbrellas!
Everywhere you looked there was something amazing to see!
I love carousels and this was so charming! 
Sadly no rides allowed!
I could not stop taking photos!
Ashleigh also took me to an exhibit at the Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art....Claude Monet!  It was awesome and we both enjoyed seeing these amazing works of art!
No visit to the Bellagio is complete without a stop in their lobby to see the amazing chandelier called Fiori di Como by the glass sculptor Dale Chihuly
This stunning piece is composed of 2000 hand blown blossoms.  I have been lucky to see some of his work before, but this one was magnificent!
(are you tired yet?)


Our next stop was the Paris Hotel 
A trip to the top of the Eiffel Tower replica was so much fun!!  It is done to 1/2 scale using the original plans.  The view is awesome!
Ashleigh said we would come back at night to see the view with all the lights!
I was enjoying this so much and kept saying  "Probably the closest I will ever get to Paris and the Eiffel tower!"
The next few days include sitting by the pool, spa day with massage, manicure & pedicure and a couple of great shows, including a
Tribute to Frank Sinatra by Clint Holmes
photo by Tom Donoghue
With Vincent Falcone conducting the Vincent Falcone Orchestra.  It wasn't an impersonation but a tribute...same arrangements the Frank did with the same conductor.  It was awesome!  


Ashleigh told me we were changing hotels on Sunday (Mother's Day) but she surprised me by taking me too....
The Paris Las Vegas Hotel
I was so excited!  Loved it!  Our room was awesome and had an incredible view!
After some shopping and a nap, Ashleigh said we were going to the Eiffel Tower to see the lights!
She got us express passes so we didn't have to wait in line...she is so thoughtful!
 Photo from the hotel as you wait for the elevator!
We were just in time for the amazing show from the Bellago fountains...Viva Las Vegas was the song and it was so much fun!  We then moved around to the other side so I could take some photos of the strip!
After taking this photo Ashleigh and I just stood there looking at the lights.  I told her this was such a beautiful view.  She put her arm around me and said, "you will have to tell me how it compares with the real thing" and handed me an envelope!
I must admit it took me a few seconds to realize that my wonderful daughter was giving me a trip to Paris, France!  I cried and was speechless.  This has been at the top of my dream list/bucket list since I was a teenager and I had pretty much decided it wasn't going to happen.  But dreams can come true and thanks to Ashleigh this one will!
I am still stunned in this photo!  
She had also arranged for us to toast this great day with champagne!  I think this was the biggest (and in my opinion best) surprise she has ever pulled off!  Ash does love to surprise us and does it well but this was above and beyond! 
A girl named Amanda took this photo with her camera and emailed it too me!  That was so sweet of her!  I kept saying it was the BEST Mother's Day ever!
We went back to our room and had room service dinner with this amazing view!
Truly a Mother's Day I will never forget! 


I will plan my trip to Paris after things are settled with Mom, maybe in the spring! 


So my friends if you've stuck with me here to the end of this saga, thank you!
I am truly blessed to have the most loving and wonderful daughters in the world.  Ashleigh thank you for giving me a chance to fulfill another dream!  Being a Mother was my first dream and you being the oldest made that also come true! 
I hope you have had a wonderful birthday my dear daughter, I wish I could have spent it with you!


I'm linking this with Your Gonna Love It Tuesdays!




Je t'adore,


Linda

47 comments:

Cheri said...

Linda you have a very thoughtful daughter, that was an awesome surprise. Here I was impressed with the Vegas trip and now France...that is just so awesome. I know...I said that already...I guess I am as stunned as you were. Will Ashleigh be able to go with you?

Cheri said...

Duh....HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEIGH!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Wow, Linda! What a great surprise! Congrats to you for having such a wonderful daughter! Congrats are in order to Ashleigh for pulling off a great surprise!!! So when are you going to Paris?

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Linda, what a great trip you had. We have been a few times. It takes a long time to take it all in. If you go again you must see the show Phantom of the Opera.

Sue said...

Looks like a fabulous trip and a big Happy Birthday to your Ashleigh.....I have never been to Vegas but your pictures made it look beautiful....and it's always a good thing when you can have a Mother/Daughter outing...
Looking forward to you coming back to Ga....

Gina said...

I've actually got chills after reading that! That is just sooo sweet! What a wonderful daughter you have!
It looks like you had a blast in Vegas too. I can't imagine how thrilled you must have been after such a surprise!
Happy Birthday to Ashleigh!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Happy B-Day to your daughter! Sounds like you had an amazing Mother's Day Linda! Your shots of Vegas are beautiful and I look forward to the shots of Paris:@)

Linda at French Hollow said...

What a lovely surprise! You are blessed.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Oh my goodness Linda, what stunning photos. It's been years since I was there and it really has changed a lot. Sounds like you had such a wonderful time together. I will confess...I got tears in my eyes when I was reading about your surprise gift to Paris. What a lucky woman you are to have such loving and thoughtful daughters.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Wow! What a wonderful surprise and gift. You both look so happy in the photos. Happy B.Day to your daughter.

SixBalloons said...

What a beautiful story Linda. You must have raised your amazing daughter so well as she clearly loves you so much. Heartwarming!!!

The Cat Guy said...

WOW! That sounds like an amazing trip that only got more amazing! Thanks for taking us along and sharing all the pictures. Vegas looks crazy! Can't wait to see the pictures of the Real Paris!

Your daughter has a great ability to create the perfect atmosphere for gifting dreams. Ashleigh, the dream gifter.

Deb said...

Wow! Linda, that is wonderful. What great memories you have of this trip. I was there in the 70's. Lots of changes since then. You sure do have something wonderful to look forward to and we'll come along ;-)

Mark said...

Looks like a fabulous time and Happy Birthday to your "little" girl!
m.

sissie said...

Hi Linda,
I have tears in my eyes from reading this heart warming post that could only be between a Mother and her precious daughter.
How very special she is and how much she loves you. I'm just over the moon happy for you.
You both look so sweet and happy together. Now, can you squeeze me into your suitcase when you pack it for Paris!!!!

hugs
Sissie

Ann said...

Happy Birthday to your wonderful daughter. She sure treated you to one amazing mother's day.
My husband's daughter lived in Las Vegas for a while and we used to hear about how terribly hot it was in the summer

Marigene said...

Wishing Ash a very happy birthday!
What an awesome MD gift...what an awesome daughter, too!
We may go to Vegas next year for our 25th...that is where we got married.

Jill said...

The trip looked like such fun and then to get a big surprise like that - how nice and what a thoughtful daughter!!

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh Linda I have no idea what to say and where to start.

SHE GAVE YOU A TRIP TO PARIS? That is about the nicest thing I have ever heard of - and knowing you - if anyone ever deserved it - it is YOU!

And now on to your first trip to Paris - Las Vegas - It was wonderful. Flowers - hotels - sites - dinners - shopping - I just am so happy for Y O U!

Love, sandie

Shelia said...

Oh, Linda! I have tears in my eyes. What an amazing daughter you have and I can tell this was a fantastic Mother's Day and even more. A trip to Paris! Oh, you lucky gal you! ;)
Be a sweetie,
shelia :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Well now, you've got me so choked up I can't even talk...er..type! That is just the sweetest story ever! You've obviously raised a very thoughtful and generous daughter. I'm so excited for you!!!

Catherine said...

Well gosh - weren't you one spoiled mamma! Haha! How wonderful! I was in Vegas for the first time in January this year. My favorite was the Belagio Fountains. A trip to Paris - what a treat! You have one special daufhter.
xo Catherine

joanne said...

Oh Linda!! How wonderful and amazing, a gift you will always treasure not only because of it's beauty but that you recieved it from your lovely daughter. Indeed. Happy Birthday Ash!

Ames said...

Happy Birthday Ashleigh! Linda it looks like the two of you are having so much fun! I've never been to Vegas. It's on my list though! Hugs! ♥ ~Ames

Suzanne said...

Oh Linda, You made my day!!! Bless your sweet Ashleigh on her birthday, and her sweet mom too! You are going to LOVE Paris! I am not a huge fan of Vegas but you have me rethinking that, so I can only imagine how beautifully you will describe your trip to Paris.
Good things really DO happen to Good people!:)
Big hugs,
Suzanne

Evelyn S. said...

You will love Paris! When I was stationed in Germany, we went there a number of times... It was only six hours away back in the late 70s. I think the trip is a bit shorter now since they improved the Autobahn in the far western parts of Germany. Have fun, enjoy yourself! Also, spring is the prefect time to go! Everything is blooming and tourist season with kids hasn't happen yet.

Hartwood Roses said...

Linda, I'm so happy for you. You truly have a wonderful daughter! (You will LOVE the real Paris.)

The French Hutch said...

You daughter is a terrific girl, and so thoughtful. Your trip looks fabulous and "fun." I wouldn't have been able to stop with the photos either. So many attractions just begging you to snap away. Your photos are great, so colorful. I've never been and now looking at your photos maybe I should plan a trip!
Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter. I know you enjoyed your time with her……….

~Emily
The French Hutch

bj said...

HOLY COW, Linda...you had me squalling and bawling by the time I got to your Paris, France gift. Mr. Sweet said, "what in the world is wrong?"..I said NOTHING...
"NOTHING is wrong...just a sweet girl that loves her mama"....
Such a grand post, Linda...sooo glad you had such a wonderful time with your beautiful daughter.

~~Carol~~ said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ashleigh! Gosh Linda, what an amazing daughter you have! This looks like it was a trip of a lifetime. Could the real Paris even begin to compare?!

KobysCache said...

Wow! You are loved!
(Love your photos!)

mrs. c said...

Wow! What a wonderful trip and what a truly awesome gift...Paris is a dream of mine ever since I took high school french. Great photos, absolutely love the glass flower chandelier! What a wonderful view from the top of the tower! I went to Vegas 30 years ago but did not stay, just drove through to Calif. Hope you have a wonderful week, school ended yesterday and I am soooo looking forward to summer

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What an amazing trip with your beautiful daughter! I love that chandy and all of the beautiful things you saw! Just amazing! Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Curtains in My Tree said...

I was just going to say what a great trip to las vegas i went 10 years ago with my daughter & son in law and loved it also

BUT OMG the REAL THING PARIS

I wanta go , it's on my bucket list also and also on my bucket list is the lotto so i can have lots spending money

I will stay tuned

love your daughter

dee dee said...

Linda,
I am so happy that you had such a nice visit with your daughter!
Great photos.. feels like I went with you!
dee dee

gail said...

Linda, I truly got the chills....what a wonderful, thoughtful surprise. You deserve it, and I'm so happy for you.
Now I can live vicariously through you. I do think, though, that is one trip I will take one day!
hugs,
gail

Debbiedoo's said...

Hi Linda! Your photos are amazing! Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter. It looks like you all had a fabulous time.

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

OH MY GOODNESS Linda! You must have CRIED, "I CRIED when I read it"!!! Do you see me happy dancing for you. We are GOING TO PARIS(You for real, and US for PICTURES and a POST). LOVE IT!!! Happy Happy Birthday to your special daughter! I LOVED your post, it was SO MUCH FUN! I have never been to Vegas...
Have a great week,
Hugs,
Donna

Creations By Cindy said...

Loved all your beautiful pictures! WOW! Happy Birthday to your daughter. My oldest daughter is 33 too! Looks like you had a wonderful time and created so many great memories! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Woohoo girl, I'm just thrilled you got to do this and spend some wonderful time with your daughter makin' memories!!!

I've never been to Vegas either but it looks magnificent. Thanks for lettin' me tag along through your beautiful pictures.

God bless ya and have yourself a terrific day!!!

Linda said...

Linda, your trip to Vegas looked like so much fun. Vegas can be a fun filled place. I love Bellagio. It is gorgeous with the flower ceiling and the fountains are beautiful. Lucky you, spending time with your daughter. Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip together. Linda

Laura said...

What a fabulous trip! How sweet of your daughter!

C'est moi Claudette said...

OMG OMG OMG T'u est très chanceuse. LINDA THAT IS AWESOME to the moon and beyond from your sweet Ashleigh.
I haven't been to Vegas in a decade and I'm dying to go back. You just made me want to go NOW!!!!
You look sooooooo happy.
I love you
xoxoxoxox

Scarlett said...

Yay glad i didnt miss your vegas post - its such an amazing place (why i decided to get married there) and there is so much to see. Also how fabulous is your daughter - a trip to Paris!! Brilliant :o) Scarlett x

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

Linda, I can't believe I missed this beautiful post. Honestly, it brought tears to my eyes! You have a wonderful daughter,who has a great mother! Paris is worth the wait and will be all that you expected and more!

Jane
Flora Doora

middle child said...

I am so happy for you! I came back from visiting my son, daughter-in-law and grandkids who live in Vegas. We too went to the Bellagio. It is indeed beautiful and the water show....
How exciting that you will get to go to Paris, Framce! Pictures please! Happy New Year.

Lenetta Carnes said...


Hi I found you on the Blog hop. Now following you. Please stop by and say hi when you get a minute.
Please check out my new Weekly Goals Blog hop. You can find it here. if you would like to check it out.
http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup.html
Have a great evening! Lenetta