Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Let's Dish ~ 5-16-12

I'm joining Cuisine Kathleen for our weekly 
Let's Dish Party!

While I'm out shopping I find items that are related and a tablescape starts to take shape.  When I was in Miss visiting my friend Sherry at Back 2 Vintage, we went to several Estate Sales, Yard Sales and her Booth in an Antique Mall
These items sorta jumped into my hands and are the makings of a future tablescape
Clear glass apple dishes!

I was in line to check out at the first Estate Sale when I spied this divided Apple dish for $1 so I picked it up
The next Estate sale had the two larger apple bowls for .50 each...I was on a roll
I found the small apple dish in a thrift shop on the way home for .69

After buying the apple dishes, Sherry tells me she has a snack set for sale...yep in the apple shape
I got 4 plates and cups for a bargain price!

So sometimes my friends, a tablescape finds you! 

I promise to show it too you soon!  I am still looking for other 'apple' items...or are they looking for me??

Please stop by Kathleen Cuisine for 
Let's Dish!


**I am in Houston with my Mom and she is doing great!  I will have a new post with more info soon! Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes**

Hugs,
Linda

18 comments:

Gina said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe your found piece after piece at all different places! That's so funny. They really are pretty too.

I'm so glad to hear your Mom is doing well!

Aledia said...

Fabulous!! I'm looking forward to seeing your tablescape! Have a wonderful evening!

Aledia @ Plum Perfect

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' the apple snack dishes, I've seen them a couple times at Sal Army:@)

The Tablescaper said...

So neat how that all fell together. Glad to hear Mom's coming along.

- The Tablescaper

Denise Adorian said...

It's so much fun to do, treasure hunting.I love it.I would like to see how much you end up with.

Barbara F. said...

Hi Linda, I love apples and have apple pie plates I bought at a flea market and a set of 3 apple shaped cups and saucers found on EBay. My old kitchen had an apple theme but I didn't keep it in my new place and got rid of a lot of apple-y things. My dishes are all clear glass too. They made such cute things back in the day. Relating a lot to nature. xo

Marigene said...

Those apple dishes are going to make a great table. So glad to hear your mother is doing well!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Linda, Your apple dishes are too cute! Can't wait to see your apple table. Glad your Mom is doing better. Pam

middle child said...

They aren't looking for you. From what I can tell....they're just waiting for you.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Apples were definitely looking for you that weekend!!! I saw a green apple dish yesterday and I thought of you!!! Can't wait to see the tablescape!

Creations By Cindy said...

Love your apple dishes! I had a set of the apple snack plates with matching cups. Actually a set of 4. Gave them as a gift to someone that her kitchen was Apple everything. Great find Linda. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

dee dee said...

Oh one of my dear friends has this set... it came from her grandma! Can't wait to see what you do with it!
dee dee

Zootsuitmama said...

Cute cute cute! Love apple stuff! Glad Mom's doing better!

Chatty Crone said...

Or a friend finds you some tablescapes - right friend? sandie

DearHelenHartman said...

I LOVE it when that happens. It's like it was meant to be. Have seen apple dishes before but have no room for them so will enjoy them vicariously through your finds!

Jenny said...

Those apple dishes are so cute! Love the gold edging.

Kathleen said...

That is amazing! What luck to find all those pieces. I do an apple setting every fall with a set of dishes I got years ago at CTS. I think it is time for me to donate them as I am running out of colors to accent when I use them!
Thanks for linking to Let's Dish~ Hope your mom is doing better too!

Diann said...

Isn't that the way it happens, you find one piece and then they just start falling into your lap! they are going to fun to "play" with. You take care of yourself!