Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Spot, Harry And A Winner!

I wanted to share a few of my latest thrifty book finds with you!
My sweet Grandson Tiger does love his books so each time I see him I try to bring him a new book!
His Mommy and Daddy don't want him spoiled with too many "thing's" but books aren't in that category!
I find most of my books at thrift stores and yard sales!
Tiger is a little young for these books, but it won't be long before he is ready for them! When I find books in good shape and a good price (I only paid 50 cents each) I get them!
My kids loved 'Harry' the dog books and when I found this like new book at the thrift I picked it up
The illustrations are great fun!

These two books are in the 'Tiger' bag and will going to him on my next visit
Both are cardboard page books and I think Tiger will love them both!
I like the 'Thank You Prayer' book
Tiger loves Dogs so I know he will enjoy the Spot book!

I'll be getting stickers for all of Tiger's books from my sponsored giveaway from PrintRunner
The winner of the giveaway has the same idea and it is

Oh, what a fantastic giveaway and so timely for me! My daughter and I have been purchasing books at garage sales and Goodwill and thrift stores to build her classroom library. She finishes and gets her masters in December. We just talked about getting some type of sticker to cover the previous owners names in the books. I am really crossing my fingers here !! This would be perfect-o!!!

Congrats to Suzanne and her daughter! 

I will get your info to the company and they will contact you about your stickers!

Hugs,
Linda

17 comments:

joanne said...

I think books are the best gifts for kids...always the right thing! I never find them reasonably priced around here, most thrift stores start their book prices at $4..way too much. Congrats to the Coloradolady!!

SixBalloons said...

Great children's books! I love them when they're priced well at the thrift too.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Cute books, I spy another pig:@)

Rebecca said...

I do the same thing! Our grandchildren all live a distance from us, and every time they visit, they go home with books I've "thrifted" especially for them. Makes the car-rides home a little more enjoyable, too.

All of your "finds" are great ones.

Suzanne said...

You're right...books don't count as spoiling;) Gosh, I read those books too. I'll have to remember them for my future grand babies. Congratulations Coloradolady!
Hugs,
Suzanne

Gina said...

Congratulations to Suzanne!

Those books for Tiger are awesome! Such great condition too. I love children's books and don't think I could ever part with any of my kids' books.

Hartwood Roses said...

You and I have the same taste in children's books, I see. I also go for the classics ... the Harry dog books are some of My favorites. Bedtime story time was always a special time.

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Oh, those are some darling books for little Tiger! My little granddaughter loves her books too!
Thanks so much for popping in.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Creations By Cindy said...

Love those books! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Curtains in My Tree said...

what sweet books, my grandsons have 2 book cases full, I think I have read them all

I just found a real cute book Named "A Moose for Jessica " a true story about a moose who fell in love with a cow named jessica
I just gave it to my daughter to read to the boys

Mark said...

I agree, books are a great gift and I wish that my parents would have done this instead of the billions of plastic toys that they sent out way.
Now, as it is, my kids are donating their books all over the place. Claire just donated 100, exactly, to Girl Scouts so they can donate them out.
m.

dee dee said...

books are such great gift! wonderful choices!
dee dee

Pam said...

You can never have too many children's books. I love to spend a rainy day reading books with my son!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

You are so right! You can never go wrong with buying good quality books at thrift store prices!

Jill said...

The Spot books were always a hit at our place. Nothing better than used books!

Coloradolady said...

Oh. Yea!!!! I am so excited!!! I love that Harry book...I used bought Harry the Dirty Dog...I had that book as a kid!! Thank you Linda...I am super excited!

Annesphamily said...

Woo Hoo to Suzanne and her daughter! Love to you today Linda! You are a gem!