Monday, April 19, 2010

ANGELS!

Many of my friends collect Angels
I have never had a collection of Angels but
I have had one Angel for a long time
I call this my Kitchen Angel as she sits on the windowsill in my kitchen.  I have had her since my girls were young.  My only angel (other then some Christmas ornaments) until a few years ago.
I was in the kitchen of my friend Gypsy and this was her kitchen Angel.  I fell in love with it.  Over the years I gave Gypsy some angels because yes, she collected them.
This little one has two kittens and we all know how I love my cats!
I found this at a thrift store for pennies!
This sweet little Angel is an ornament was bought at a yard sale
She is a Willow Tree Angel
I love the way the wings are made
This was my favorite Angel since she is holding a cat
So sweet!
Gypsy passed away several years ago from cancer
I was given the Angels I had given her and the special one I fell in love with...HER Kitchen Angel
Now I have two Kitchen Angels and a sweet memory of my dear friend Gypsy!
This Angel is a Willow Tree Angel by Susan Lordi

Many of you have seen the Willow Tree collection
I was curious about their history 


Willow TreeArtist Susan Lordi hand carves each original Willow Tree® sculpture. Using family and friends as models, Susan tries to capture a moment in time, or express a feeling. Pieces are cast from her original carving, and then individually painted by hand. Softly washed colors, carved and metal accents, and representative icons of nature mark Susan's work.
"I try to keep the interpretation of Willow Tree open. I hope this makes it more personal, and allows the viewer to decide its meaning."

I found out this information from their website HERE

I believe in Angels and today some Dear Friends had prayers answered.  I know there are Angels and dear Friends who will pray without ceasing.  I thank you all.
Don't forget to visit these great friends and join in all the fun

Linda at COASTAL CHARM 
Always,
Linda

22 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Linda - it's nice if we lose someone - to have a 'peace' of them to remember - always. I loved your angels.

Sandie

Susan said...

Awwww, the angels were just "heavenly," Linda! I'm sure your dear friend watches over you from the other realm of life. She must be so happy you are taking good care of her angels. Take care! Sincerely, Susan (P.S. I think you are a little angel, too!)

My name is PJ. said...

I am quite partial to the Willow Tree collection for their simplicity. I have several angels and the entire nativity. It's without bling and fanfare...kind of like me.....

Jeanne said...

Oh, I love your angel post. How sweet that you have your dear friend's angels. A sweet memory and a nice collection for you.

Hugs, Jeanne

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

How special, Linda, that you have your friends angel collection. She is now an angel in heaven and you an angel here on earth! I have a Willow Angel that was given to me by a friend...it's my one and only and a treasure.

Diann said...

What a wonderful post Linda!

The Angels are so sweet and I can imagine they are very near to your heart. You are able to remembr all the wonderful things about your friend by just looking at one of them. I bet the one that was original hers makes you smile the most.

I had heard of "Willow Tree" but, knew nothing about it. Now I do!

And yes, I completely believe we have angels around us. And to be honest, the 3 of us here think you are one of our angels!

Have a great day!

Sherry said...

What lovely angels. I didn't know about the artist that created the Willow Tree angels. Thanks for including it.

逸凡逸凡 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mollye said...

Hi Linda, Such a sweet story of you and your friend and the bond of friendship. I used to collect angels but like many other possessions they have got up and left. Nt oldest daughter is a true cat person too! Happy day! Mollye

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

Cute, I have several too! Have a great day!
Bonnie
please check out my giveaway at http://creatingahouseofgrace.blogspot.com/2010/04/earth-day-giveaway-2010.html

Denise Marie said...

Hi sweets! I do believe angels surround us and watch our goings out and comings in but they have to be harkened by their Lord...our Lord, Jesus to do any bidding. Pray to the Lord to send ministering angels and warring angels when needed. xox!!

Tina said...

I absolutely believe in angels, too. I love your Willow Tree angel. I have one too, given to me by my best friend. It shows two friends talking, so very precious.

Jenny said...

Oh Linda, I'm so glad you have these angels of memory and beauty around you. My sister collected angels. When she passed away my Mom gave us all some.

Nicole R.J. said...

I have a couple of Willow Tree angels... I think they're so sweet!

Mimi said...

You know I love the ones with the kitties!

Sue said...

What a nice reminder of your friend to have her angels to watch over you....very sweet post.

AM from White House, Black Shutters said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful angels. How lovely to have a reminder of your friend any time you're working on dishes! ;)

Take care,
Ann Marie

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Awww, I love the angels holding the kittens! I have a soft spot for the felines, too.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Anne

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

What a great collection of Angels...thanks for sharing them at NTT!

Blessings,
Linda

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes! It's nice that you have the angel to remember your friend! I have a couple of the willow angels...given to me. I'm not a collector of them however.
Deb :)

The Decorating Diaries said...

Thanks for sharing your angels and your story. I love the ones with cats, too.

Janet

Troy said...

Hi Linda,

Thank you for loyally linking to Tuesday Trivia Tie-in again this week.

I can't think of a more appropriate post for me to read today. Our week has been filled with angels.

And, thanks to so many of them, one angel, in particular, will be in our lives for a long time.

I truly believe that I have been touched by angels a lot recently. How wonderful, that you have your angels, to remind you of the ones who touched your life as well.

Troy