Monday, April 12, 2010

MY FRIEND MARY KAY!


I love to read!  I always have a book I'm reading and a large (OK it's a mountain) of 'To Be Read' books.  I read a lot of best sellers and I am always looking for new authors and love suggestions from friends.  I exchange books with friends and family and of course I buy books while shopping yard sales and thrift shops.
I would like to introduce you to my friend Mary Kay Andrews(Isn't she cute).  I first 'met' Mary Kay while browsing the Goodwill books and I found a cute paperback book SAVANNAH BLUES.  Well living in Atlanta, GA and loving Savannah I thought I would pick it up and give it a read.  Well I am here to tell you I had a hard time putting down this book.  You know how when you find a new author how excited you can get?  Times 10!!

The main character Eloise "Weezie" Foley is so cute and get this...she is a picker!  Yep an antiques picker.   

I am not going to tell you any more of the story so you will have to read this fun book!!! 
I then when in search of all her previous books.  I found several at different Thrift shops!  I have enjoyed each and every one.   I also buy each of her new books when published.Her books are witty, sharp and funny.  Her characters grab you and keep you entertained. 
Now more about my friend Mary Kay...she is a blogger!  Yep so this is just kismet that I love her books so much.  You too can visit her and become her friend (and one day I do hope to actually meet her) by visiting her
blog HERE .   Mary Kay who was a reporter for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (newspaper)  and went to the University of Georgia (Go Dawgs) also wrote 10 mystery novels under her real name Kathy Hogan Trochek.  I tracked down all 10 of these books and enjoyed reading them also!!  I have shared my love for her books with many friends and they have all enjoyed her writing.  I hope you will think about reading a Mary Kay Andrews novel.  She is currently at work on her new novel SUMMER RENTAL. 


I hope you will visit each of the parties and view all the other fun posts today! 

TROY for Tuesday Trivia Tie-In 
DIANE  for 2nd Time Around and
A couple of foot notes: I joined in for 2nd time around and Nifty Thrifty Tuesday because most of my books are bought 2nd hand. I also thought sharing some info about Mary Kay qualified for Trivia.

Always,
Linda






18 comments:

Claudie said...

Hey girlfriend
So glad I came by, because being in Savannah was one of my most treasured memories of our trip. I LOVED IT, and now I can read about it in this book? COOL
I'll have to run to the book store and get this one. I hope I can find it. Canada seems to be behind just a little bit. Thanks for the tip.
BTW I loved that Charlie got a present in the mail. What a doll.
Love Ya
Love Claudie
oxoxoxoxoxoxo

Diann said...

I'm going to ahve to check this author out. I had never heard of her. Not like I need to buy another book for about a year and a half and I will still have enough books to read!

Kelee said...

Hi There!

Sounds good the Mary Kay books!

Thank-you so much for stopping by, too!

love, kelee @ www.katillacshack.com

D said...

Hi, Linda,
Thanks for the heads up about Mary Kay. I already checked out her blog, too.

Jojo said...

I lOVED Savannah Blues and Savannah Breeze!!! Looks like I need to go back to the bookstore to get more.

My good friend is finishing a "chic" read that will be released on Valentine's Day 2011. I have no idea of the main character in her new release but she moved from Atlanta to Savannah so I'm counting on some southern flavor in the book. I don't think Natalie has set up a blog site yet but she does send out tweets. Let me know if you are interested in finding out details. Natalie was an actress, turned lawyer, now writing http://www.theburnsagencyonline.com/Female/Lee%20Natalie.htm

My name is PJ. said...

Doesn't blogging make the world a smaller, more friendly place?!

Jane said...

Thanks for the great info about Mary Kay Andrews. I like to read but never seem to find the time (if I try to read in bed it puts me right to sleep!). Now I am going to see if I can find any of her books while I am thrifting. My mother loves to read so I'm going to see if she has read any of her books.
Jane

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Thanks for the reading recommendation! I'll look for these books and thanks for linking!

Chatty Crone said...

I'm going to check her out too - I've heard about that series, but I've never read it. Thanks. I love to read.

Yes there is a Cobb County Public Library Sale every 6 months!

Sandie♥

GWENDOLYN said...

The books sound like a fun read. I am going to see if I can find one. Off to check out Mary Kay's blog.
Have a great week!
Gwen

Jenny said...

I have a Barnes and Noble gift card to use up. I'm going to have to try reading her. Thanks for the tip! And Happy Tuesday!

sissie said...

Hi Linda,
I absolutely love her books. I have them all and have read them.
I also read everyone of her books under Trocheck. She is a fantastic writer and I cannot wait for her new book.

Thanks for the tip on her website. Didn't know that.

hugs
Sissie

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Linda,
You always have the best info to share...thanks for coming to my PAR-TAY!

Blessings,
Linda

Terry said...

I love to read but have never heard of Mary Kay Andrews. I am going to have to check out her web site as soon as I am finished here.

You ask if it was worth it to get a quesadilla maker. For us it is very worth it. I love them.....all 3 of them. We use them a lot and it makes making quesadillas a snap. If you do yard sales...check for one there. They usually sell them new in the box for $5. Can't beat that!!

Sue said...

Hi Linda....i love Kathy's books...been reading her since the days when she would do book signings at Barnes and Noble and only me and neighbor Necie would show up....years and years ago....She is just as nice in person as you would think and I think she is a very under-rated writer....her books are the best...See you tomorrow!

Queenmothermamaw said...

Hello Linda, just signed up for a swap at Miz Mollye and found your name. Thought I would say hi and get to know you. This should be fun.
QMM

Shara said...

Mary kay stopped by my blog one time and left a comment. I was excited! A celebrity! ;o)

The Library Lady said...

I am so excited. Your friend Mary Kay is my friend too. Fancy that. Love her books. You should try Nancy Martin's Blackbird sisters series. I just discovered your blog and really am enjoying it.

Diane
The Library Lady
"Take surprise and delight in the little thigns"