Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thrifty Things Friday #118

Join Diann and I and link up your post HERE

During my move I'm sending more to the Thrift Shops then I'm bringing home...
thank goodness! 
BUT...
of course I have found some things for my new place!

I really needed chairs for my dining room table and look at this!  I found four of these amazing chairs at the Project Safe House thrift shop!
Look at the backs!   
They are pretty old and have had some repair done to them but they are sturdy and comfortable!
I took the thrift my four ladder back chairs and brought these home!  I love them!
I paid $35 and felt like this was a super bargain!
This thrift store is my favorite one in Athens, GA.
I donate to them and purchase from them often.  They have great prices and the money supports a great cause 'working to end domestic violance'
So I love spending my money here!

I also found these cute glasses at another thrift shop
Just some random glasses that caught my eye! 
Less then $1.50 for all! 

I hope you will go over to 
The Thrifty Groove and link up you posts!
I can't wait to see what you have to share this week!

Wishing you JOY,

Linda

26 comments:

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Linda, your new home is getting cuter by the day! Great chair swap. Love how ladderbacks look, but they aren't too comfortable. Happy TTF.

Kathe said...

Oh goodness! Those chairs are wonderful Linda! So much character. I think you got a terrific deal on them!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a great deal on those chairs and the cute glasses. Sounds like a great place to shop and support a good cause at the same time.

Chatty Crone said...

I would love to see that brown and green carried through in your apt. I think those colors are royal.

joanne said...

great find! I love the way your new place is coming together.

Maureen Wyatt said...

Those chairs are to die for! How nice that you have a place to donate that supports such a worthy cause.

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Linda, the chairs are very NICE and you got them at a great price! The glasses have a retro look that I also love!

Susan said...

Good deal on the chairs, Linda. Nice job! Susan

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

What a find Linda with those chairs!! They do seem to be old with the added back support. Have a great weekend!!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh how fun, I would love to be decorating a new home and yours is coming out great! Those Windsor chairs look awesome, paint them and keep them, I love them, lol
Thanks for your sweet and kind visit, my friend. Have a terrific Summer weekend.
FABBY

Lady Linda said...

Great chairs! You sound more relaxed Linda. Are you settled in?
Linda

Ivy and Elephants said...

The chairs are just gorgeous! What a steal! Are you going to paint or not? Doesn't really matter, they are fabulous either way!
Hugs,
Patti

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

your new chairs look great and cozy!
Sweet drinking glasses. Love the red on them.
Warmly,
deb

Shelia Williamson said...

Hi Linda! Oh, your chairs - they're fantastic! Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Ninny said...

You have a good eye!

Jo-Anne Meadows said...

Such amazing things can be found in second hand stores like those glasses what a good bye.

Jill said...

The glasses are sweet - great for summer!!

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

I LOVE those chairs! What a deal that was! Good find! The glasses are just great too!

Jane
Flora Doora

Lara said...

Those chairs are AMAZING. I have been looking at dining room chairs and would have loved to have found those! And what a bargain price! Congratulations!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for stopping by , Linda!
Love the chairs but I really love those glasses!!

Hugs,
Debbie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That's a great way to get some special 'new' things for your house! I love those cute glasses! ENJOY!

Dawn@ We Call It Junkin.com said...

Oh my gosh those glasses are so cute! And I love the detail on the backs of the chairs, can't believe you got such a great deal! Yay for you! Glad the move is going well and you're getting settled in. I've been enjoying your cute pics of Tiger. Blessings - Dawn

Jenny said...

I love those chairs! How cute they look!

And what a great way to re-use, re-cycle and re-decorate!

Liz@ Infuse With Liz said...

Lol I commented on your new chairs on the wrong post! They look great.

BECKY said...

Oh Linda! I think those glasses with the stripes came from one of my childhood homes!! :)

BECKY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.