Friday, July 1, 2011

THRIFTY 4TH OF JULY ENCORE!

I decided to share this thrifty tablescape from last years 4th of July again with all of you and join Diann's Thrifty Tablescape Party!  It is one of my favorites!  Enjoy!


Here is a 4th of July Tablescape
Red, White and Blue
I used $1 blue place mats from the dollar store
Large Red plates as chargers bought at the thrift $1
I  layered a white Pfaltzgraph plate 
and a white with blue flower edge salad plate
Both bought at thrifts & pulled from my dish closet
 Dark blue napkin in a white napkin ring
I added a red ribbon to add another touch of red
I found this table runner at a thrift new with tags
from Kohls!  Love all the stars!
 I used my brand new plate rack bought for less then
$3 at World Market!  I had a $10 gift certificate from the store for my Birthday and this was $11.99 + tax 
I added three plates to the rack to decorate
A cute tin star on top
A blue berry candle(gift) and rubber duckies($1)
Cute bowl 
This white ironstone soup tureen was found last week at the Goodwill!  Also found this little blackboard!  It would have been even cuter if I could have found my chalk!
Flag Pinwheel 
I found this vintage juice pitcher last year at the longest yard sale
 matching juice glasses
Salt & Pepper shakers
I added red handled silverware 
and blue water goblets
Everything on this table was thrifted or bought
as noted for very little money
Wishing you all a Happy 4th of July
 
Join Diann Here and show us your Thrifty Tablescapes!   

Enjoy your holiday weekend everyone!  

Hugs,
Linda

26 comments:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Love your flag pinwheel and all your fabulous red, white and blue. The little pitcher is so cute...isn't the longest yard sale the best?
Have a safe and happy 4th!!!

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Nice table-setting! You are the Queen of tablescapes.
Nice post about the "magazine" copycat shots! Your photos are awesome!
Happy 4th.
Warmly,
deb

Joyce said...

I didnt see this last year, but I love your table- looks amazing!

Vintage Christine said...

Wow! This time I don't have to scroll down three thousand comments to get to write mine! You are indeed one of the queens of thrift, my friend. As always, your tablescape is fabulous. Happy 4th!!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Love your table Linda, such a cute pitcher and glasses! Wishing you a happy and fun 4th:@)

~~Carol~~ said...

The cupcake candle fooled me again! I always love your tablescapes Linda, but you've got to know that I'm crazy about this patriotic one. I hope you and your family have a great 4th of July weekend!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Linda, what a fab table you created with bargains! All of your china and the place mats were such deals and look so great. I'm loving those cute s/p shakers and that pitcher with the matching glasses. The little patriotic ducks are really cute too. Have a wonderful holiday weekend. laurie

Ann said...

I love this tablescape. Good find on that table runner. The cupcake candle looked good enough to eat. Just adore the red white and blue theme.

Chatty Crone said...

Happy 4th of July and the table scape is as pretty this time as the first time!

Diann said...

I love this table linda! It is o bright and cheery! that table runner was such a great find! All the pretty china and cute accessories just make this a perfect 4th of July table!LOVE IT GIRLIE! Thank you for joining TT#2 and have an awesome weekend!

Gina said...

I love it Linda! There's just something about red, white & blue. I love that pitcher with the juice glasses.

Susan said...

Very patriotic, Linda. And that candle looks good enough to gobble up! Have a wonderful holiday. Susan

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love your red, white and blue tablescape, Linda! I hope you have a wonderful 4th!...hugs...Debbie

Designs on 47th Street said...

Could there be anything prettier than red, white and Blue? Well yes...your tablescape!! It's just lovely, Linda. Very well done!
Donna

AshTreeCottage said...

What a great post! Have a safe and happy 4th.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

dogsmom said...

Happy 4th of July!
So many wonderful details to this tablescape.
I have to mention the rubber duckies - so cute and unexpected on a table.

Every time I hear about the longest yard sale I gets pings of wanting to go - today! Right now!
Well, some year.
I know I will at least get to our version along the Mississippi River some year.

De tout, de rien said...

Really pretty!! Happy 4th of July from Canada!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Very nice! I love the stars bowl and your quilted runner! Very festive setting! Happy 4th again, hope you are enjoying your family and that your son is recouping well still!

Ann in the UP said...

Very very nice. Send me your address and I'll send you some chalk. LOL

Susan said...

Very pretty!

D said...

I'm glad you posted this again. I missed it the first time. My fav..............the cute rubber duckies!

Jojo said...

I just want to take a bite out of that candle! It looks edible!

Beth said...

Linda, Your table is really pretty! Love your dishes and flatware, and I agree with Jojo that blueberry candle looks good enough to eat! Happy 4th!
Beth

tammylovesdishes said...

Cute table! I love that table runner and your plate stand. Sweet touch to add the red ribbon to your white napkin rings. I might have to "borrow" that idea in the future.

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
I'am sorry for missing your 4th of July Tablescape !!! This is just lovely with all the colors on your table. I also love your Beautiful dishes. I just put my new tablescape on Ladies Night Out, hope you like it ~~~
XXOO Diane

Annesphamily said...

You sure you aren't a professional design/decorator? Love the sweet USA look you gave us! Anne