Saturday, July 16, 2011

BITS AND PIECES

It's been a great week here at A La Carte!  Tuesday I met my friend Sandie for lunch and some thrifting!  Sandie and I always have a good time together and talk like crazy.  We haven't been able to get together since May so we had a lot to catch up on.  To my surprise Sandie had a little Birthday gift for me!
How cute is this!  A little 'Flamingo' Pink Swiss Army knife for my keyring!
 I love it!  Little scissors, nail file and more!  As you can see it is already on my key ring!  Thanks Sandie!

Now we did some junkin and both found some fun and reasonable stuff!
This Gal had such an attitude I had to have her....GW and Sr day so she only cost me .80

We then went to this great thrift shop that is run by Humane Society of Acworth...I love when my thrifting money goes to help animals.
Another cat, this time a votive holder and another Orphan for my collection.  This one is Metlox.  I also found a great Christmas gift for Mr ALC...it's a secret.
Yes I do shop thrifts for gifts and my family loves it!  I also found a few other Christmas gifts that day!

Now I love to look for baby clothes for Tiger.  He is growing so fast and we love the soft onesies.  I found these adorable  clothes for under $1 each
Speaking of Tiger...
Sara will be heading back to work soon.  She is a Speech Therapist and works in the elementary schools.  Tiger has been breastfed since birth but it's time for him to take a bottle. I tried when I was up at camp but he did not like it at all.  Sara found a bottle that was more breast baby friendly, however....this is when Daddy tried a few days ago
Oh yes he has a little temper!  He wants Mommy NOW!   Poor baby!  They kept trying and have had some success!
My sweet boy must learn to take that bottle.  Daddy will be staying home with him this first semester and taking his classes at night.  So we are lucky that he won't have to go into childcare just yet.
Too end this with a happy note...here is a new photo (and all of these are taken with Blake's cell phone) of Tiger being tickled.  What a joy this child is!
I will be going to camp the end of July to help them pack up and move back home.  I can't wait to get some kisses from this sweet boy!  Blake and Sara are doing well.  Blake's ankle is healing and he has managed to work some at camp.  We all thank you for your prayers and well wishes!  It's been a wild summer for them.

I'm going to go to a cookout with my friends Dennis & Terry today.  Ribs, coleslaw, baked beans and more! 
The weather does not seem to be cooperating for a swim in the pool but we always have fun no matter what! 

Have a great weekend everyone!
hugs,
Linda

29 comments:

Betsy said...

It was indeed a good thrifting day, especially with the company of a good friend. Tiger is sure getting big...what a precious smile.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like you had a great day with a friend and the pic of Tiger laughing is so cute:@)

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh we did have fun didn't we and I am so glad you like the flamingo pink knife. You girl are a pinkie and there is no doubt. You have a pink personality.

I love this post. I bought more that day then I ever have - thanks to your influence on me - teehee. A good influence. Had a lot of fun.

Gee you weren't kidding that Tiger got mad for his mom! He is so very ADORABLE though. Hope the new bottle helps. Very interesting as I had never seen one before. He's getting bigger too.

Anyway hope you had fun with your other friends as well.

Love,
sandie

Ames said...

Ae Lily is the same way. She doesn't want that nasty old bottle. But try draping your daughter night gown or shirt next to him when you try to feed him the bottle. Lily seems to calm down when she can smell her momma close by.~Ames

Ann in the UP said...

For sure, Tiger is growing fast! I have that little cat votive holder---that very one! I like it too.

A Vintage Green said...

BIG summer. Great little Tiger. Swiss knives very handy - great pressy.

D said...

Hi, Linda,
I think you will find that little tool very handy. The little pepper shaker you found is the pattern I picked out for my every day pieces.
I still have a few pieces left.
D

Marigene said...

So happy to hear Blake is recovering so well. Tiger is getting so big...cute as ever, too.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

It looks like you had a very good day at the thrift stores. I have a couple of plates that match your little salt shaker. The pink knife sounds just perfect for you! Tiger's really growing....glad Blake is doing well!

Barb~Bella Vista Cottage said...

Hi Linda, happy birthday...the gift is so cute. I have the glass kitten votive holder....darling.

The baby is so completely adorable!!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs, Barb

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds like you had an enjoyable time. Some babies do well with the transition and some don't.
Enjoy your weekend.

Pondside said...

I'm so glad to hear that Blake's ankle is mending well. That little Tiger is adorable and makes me miss my two very much!

Charlotte said...

That's why I never tried breastfeeding! Love the treasures! Thanks fr letting us know about Mary Kay Andrews newest book. I've read all of her great books.

Jane said...

Such cute baby pictures! You will find more uses for that small Swiss Army pocket knife than you can imagine. I don't leave home without mine!

Jane

Christine said...

My sister had a Metlox sugar and creamer in the same pattern as the one you bought. I think I broke the lid to the sugar bowl. Tiger is a doll. I know you are a proud Nana.

Susan said...

Linda, little Tiger is growing so fast! He is absolutely gorgeous!! Adorable little boy!
Wow, sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friend thrifting. You found some great stuff!! Love the kitty with an attitude!

Barbara F. said...

Your grandson is just too cute! And getting so big with each new photo!! I am glad your SIL is getting around OK. I can't believe how many thrift places there are where you live. Only a couple up here. It is a great way to make money for charitable causes, too.

Diann said...

What a fun post! Tiger is getting so big! I am so glad to hear that Blake is doing better and Sara is ready to go back to work!

Mrs4444 said...

It's great to "meet" you with this post; it shares a lot. Sweet stuff. Your grandson is so sweet--Poor little guy. It's good that they're getting started early. I hope the transition goes quickly.

I love the kitty, too; she's got a lot of character. The knife is a great gift--A girl never knows when she needs one. :)

In case you'd ever like to join up to Friday Fragments (for which this post would have fit perfectly), I publish FF on Thursday nights at 9pm central. Here's a link to the how-to's for FF :)
http://www.halfpastkissintime.com/p/friday-fragments.html

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Linda! Of course, I love your kitty finds...cute! And I am glad to hear that Tiger is adjusting to the bottle! How nice to get to stay home with Daddy! Hope you are having a great weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Ann said...

Spending time with a friend, great finds and cute little Tiger. I would say you've had a fantastic week :)

Annesphamily said...

My Sweets and I got just giggly looking at Tiger here! He is gorgeous! I don't blame the fellow for wanting momma! But I have been there and done that so I will pray your daughter and son-in-law have smooth sailing raising this wonderful child. I know it can be done! We did it five times! whew! No wonder I am so tired! Hugs Anne

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Linda...We are having a Kitty Cat Linky Party to celebrate Baby Kitty's birthday this Friday! Bring Charlie and come on over!...hugs...Debbie

Scarlett said...

Great finds, esp the kitty tea light holder. Aww bless tiger, he'll get the knack of the bottle soon enough :o) Scarlett x

~~Carol~~ said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how big Tiger has gotten, and what a cutie pie he is! Love that pink Swiss Army knife. I had a red one that I just loved, and somehow lost it. Hope you're staying cool during this terrible heat wave!

bj said...

OOO, girl...I want a PINK Swiss Army knife...but I want a .............TIGER more!!!:)

All my grands are grown, well, nearly, anyway. No babies...even our one little great grand girl is past 2 now.:)

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Just a little FYI...I've presented you with the Sunshine Award as a thank you for inspiring me as a new blogger!
Blessings!!

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Glad to hear you had such a nice time with your friend! Now your little guy is growing like a weed! Breaks my heart to see him upset! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

the cape on the corner said...

oh my gosh, i love that cat with attitude...but look at tiger! talk about attitude, lol, you could practically hear him screaming in that photo. too cute!