Thursday, December 30, 2010

JUNKIN FINDS FRIDAY #9

I can't believe that we are about to bid goodbye to 2010! 
This has been such a great year of blogging for me.  In October Debbie asked me to take over her Garage Salen Party.  I was honored to be asked and as you all know changed it to Junkin Finds Friday!  Here we are at the 9th party and the last of 2010.
I've asked all of you to share your favorite finds of 2010.  I started 'reviewing' my posts to find my favorite finds and all I can say is boy did I buy some junk this year!  Still there were some stand out moments.  I have narrowed it down to 10 items.  So with out furthur ado I give you the
TOP TEN JUNKIN FINDS OF 2010 

Favorite Pyrex Find
For some reason finding this Verde casserole just made my day!  I love Pyrex and this pattern is one of my favorites.
Bargain price of $3.98

Best Yard Sale Find
Without a doubt finding all these glasses in the Kings Crown pattern for $2 was a big score!  I kept a set of 4 and had enough extras to gift to a friend! 

Best Yard Sale Score for re-sale
Finding all these pieces of Franciscan Desert Rose for $1 each was a 'start the car' moment.  It was a very hot day in Georgia and these folks just wanted them gone!  I am keeping a couple of pieces, have gifted one piece and plan to sell the rest.

Best Find in WHITE
I love milk glass and finding this sweet pitcher for $1 made it the best 'white' find of 2010

Best Find in RED 
 Lots of beautiful reds were bought this year but hands down these plates at $1 each were not only my best buy but my favorite red for sure
They deserve a close up!

Best find in Blue
 I think this little orphan salt shaker stole not only my heart but yours!  It was mentioned several times when it made it's appearance during the World's Longest Yard Sale posts.
At a mere 50 cents it is one of my favorites for sure.

Best find in Green
Finding these green boopie glasses with my BFF Sandie was a score!  I love my boopie and these are extra gorgeous!  These were one of my more expensive purchases at $1.97 a glass but they easily sell for $5 each at antique malls.

 Best find in PINK
 This was a hard category...I love my Pinks and have found many wonderful items this year, but this pottery planter won out...why...well the "L" of course! 
I paid $10 for this beautiful piece, a real splurge!

Favorite find from
The World's Longest Yard Sale

I tried not to buy this little guy but I could not walk away from this dealers booth without him....$3 and he makes me smile every time I look at him!

Best Christmas find
 I really love this vintage elf in plaster
He was found in January and had to wait all year to make his appearance on the blog!  I'm not even sure what I paid for him but less then $2 I'm sure!  

So that's it for me!  Whew...that was a lot of work!  I hope it was easier for you to decide on your favorites.  So link up and show us you best finds in 2010.  You know the drill, link your post not your blog and please leave a link back to this post so others can join in!  

I've enjoyed all nine of the JFF parties and I hope you will continue to join me in 2011~  Happy New Year!

Linda


26 comments:

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

Of course I LOVE all your treasures from the hunt, I'm going to pick a few favorites...NOW, Of course the little blue bird is #1, BUT I have a weak spot for the red pixie!!! I grew up with those guys watching my every move and one of my jobs was keeping them dusted... I didn't appreciate them then, BUT now they bring back all the family memories and I DO Love them dearly... Thank you for sharing and having this fun party... Hugs to you, Donna

A Few Pennies said...

Linda; your treasures are all beauties! Such a good eye for neat stuff. Have a great New Year and Happy Junkin!

dogsmom said...

Thank you so much for stepping up and carrying on when we all needed you. I look forward to this party every week.
And now you have me wanting to revisit the LONGEST yardsale posts!
I had hoped to get several best of pieces written but life had other plans.
Here's wishing us all great treasure hunting, good friends, excited sharing and a properous New Year!

Jojo said...

Wow! That's a lot of treasures!! I'm so glad that you were doing a recap of the year. It has just been tooooo cold for yard sales!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

You found some really fun and lovely treasures. I always get so thrilled when I find a new treasure, and your are definitely treasures. I hope you have a very Blessed New Year. Hugs, Marty

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh Linda, you have the greatest looking finds ever. I cannot choose!

Hugs to you dear friend.

Nancy

Chatty Crone said...

I like all your top ten finds - especially the green ones!
SANDIE

the cape on the corner said...

you are really cracking me up with your categories! i love that you chose those items in that way. i'd have to say my favorite thrifted items have been my little collection of glass jars that i've been seasonally filling. and my luck with all the free stuff-hopefully that will continue, too!

The Tablescaper said...

Oh man, you did find some amazing treasures!!!

- The Tablescaper

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

I love both the elves.

Susan said...

Hi Linda...I remember all of your sweet treasures. It was impossible for me to narrow down my faves so I decided just to enjoy everyone else's treasures this time. Looking forward to many new finds in 2011! Susan

Julie Harward said...

You do have lots of cute things, I love that red plate! Have a great New Year Linda! ;D

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

This has been sooooo much FUN! I had been Out Of the FindinJunk Bizness for awhile this year, and JunkinFinds Friday has been inspirational in getting me BACK on Track! And...YOUR inspirational, too! OMGosh you are the QUEEN of Findin Junk and Treasures! Love all your TopTen! I'm looking forward to more of this fun Party in 2011...Happy New Year, Linda!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Linda, All your treasures are wonderful! There is nothing like the thrill of the hunt. I hope you have a fabulous 2011.
Hugs,
Sherry

GWENDOLYN KAY said...

Wow Linda,
You really did find some great deals! I love the blue and green glasses and of course the sweet little bird.
Blessings~
Gwenny

The Lazy Peacock said...

what amazing finds!!! isn't it fun to look back at all the stuff found over the year?
have a wonderful new year...and looking forward to your 2011 finds!!

Vintage Christine said...

And I'll bet there are about 500 other things you bought during the year that could've just as easily been on this list. I have that same planter (but I think someone gave it to me). Love Charlie in your header--what a beautiful boy. Happy New Year, my friend!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Fun finds Linda! Lovin' the green glasses and cute elf! Happy New Year-enjoy:@)

Betsy said...

I sure enjoyed looking at all your wonderful finds from 2010. I especially like the pink vase with the "L" How perfect is that? Thank you so much for hosting this fun party. I'm going to take a look around at all the treasures everyone found.
Happy New Year

Karie's Chic Creations said...

Wow! I love all your treasures. . But I expecially like the white milk-glass pitcher. I collect Milk-glass also. And the Kings Crown glass is gorgeous. I think I have four sherbet dishes that are that exact same color. I about died when I got them. I love your blog and all the neat things you find. It would be fun to go on the "hunt" with you! Keep up the great work. Thanks again for sharing so much. Hugs, Karie

Sherrie said...

I loved every piece that you showed. All of them were so ME! Yes this will be the year of the road trip for sure. For now, it is New Years eve. I know it is just a night, like any other night, but it is New Year's eve and it does make us stop to think and reflect on the past. Good or bad, it is the past and the future is before us. Here is to having a new year of hope renewed, faith restored and a sunny economy. Have a happy and healthy New Year. Thanks for being a friend.

Jane said...

Isn't it fun to go back and see all of the great bargains you found during the year? You definitely found some wonderful treasures and rock bottom prices.
Thanks for hosting the party! Have a very Happy New Year.
Jane

Annesphamily said...

That lil orphan bird is delightful. I like the pixie elves too. You are such a queen of the junkin Linda! I am so very glad I know you and wish you much happiness in 2011.. I am so glad I got to know you and your sweet mom this year. Happy New Year! Anne

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy New Year, Linda! Many blessings to you and yours...

XO,

Sheila :-)

P.S. And of course, I love your finds!

Betty said...

You sure found some treasures this year. I found the Verde casserole too, but you got the better price, of course. What a deal on the Franciscan pottery. "Start the car!" indeed. I love the little bird and the green pixie. $3 is a small price to pay to bring a smile every day. Thanks for hosting JFF. It's always a fun time. May God's blessings be with you and yours throughout the coming year.

Becky said...

Hi Linda! ~ I have a collection of those "Boopie" glasses, as you called them. (I didn't know what they were called! Ha!) I have 2 different sizes, eight of each - I think! I love them! I used to use them only at Christmas, but now that I am getting into tablescapes... I am looking forward to using them more! ~~ I love your other finds, by the way! I have a collection of Salt & Pepper shakers in my attic that were hubby's grandmother's. I need to get them out and go thru them! Seeing your little blue birdie, made me think of them! I may have to make that a SPRING project! Ha!