Thursday, December 23, 2010

JUNKIN FINDS FRIDAY #8

I hope all your presents are bought (mine are) Packages wrapped (mine aren't)  Christmas cookies made (yes and eaten) 
Well then let's get to the junk! 

I hope you are enjoying Junkin Find Fridays as much as I am.  I really appreciate each and every one of you who join in when you can.   I thought about canceling the parties during the holidays but decided I was still finding stuff so maybe you were also.  I would like to do a little different party next week.  Let's share our favorite junkin finds of 2010~  I will post more on that next week!

So this week I am sharing these thrift store finds!

I found this at the Goodwill the other day
 It is hard to photograph but is gorgeous
Not sure of a maker but it looks a little like Fenton to me, if someone knows the maker please tell me! **It's been confirmed by several as Fenton..yippee!** It was bundled with another dish and I paid 99 cents for both!
I got four of these Corelle plates for $1 and since they are bread plate size have been perfect for cookies and other Christmas treats! 
This Silver Onedia tray was $1
It is 12" across and in great shape
This mitten tea light holder was 50 cents
As was this little Nativity scene
I found this Blue Ridge Pottery plate back in the summer
It is a poinsettia pattern and looks great in a vignette for Christmas...I paid 25 cents for the plate
The angel was bought at Cracker Barrel on sale and the cardinal was in a bag-o-junk at the thrift shop...$1 for the bag, this is a Lenox ornament and really gorgeous
I put them under a cloche

One more thing to share!  I found this vintage item for $1
Yep a made in Japan elf in a shoe!
He is really cute and will join the other vintage items in the cubbies soon!
That's my finds for this time!  I hope you have something to share!  Just remember to link up your post not your blog and please have a link in your post back here! 
I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!
Happy Junkin,
Linda

21 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

WOW! Yes that first dish is Fenton, I think Emerald Crest (not sure of that), but what a fun find!
Merry Christmas Linda-have fun:@)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, LINDA!!!
Yes, it is a Fenton dish, just like the "other" Linda said!
Great finds :) Sweet Elf! I haven't been out "shopping"...unless you count going thru my own totes in the family room! That was fun!!!
Have a wonderful Christmas!!!
Warmly,
deb

I hope to par-take in the best finds of 2010!!! I have a couple!!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh what great finds! I would love to "find" any of those Christmas pretties in my stocking! Merry Christmas Linda.

SavannahGranny said...

Great Finds, Merry Christmas, Ginger

KarenSue said...

Hi Linda! You got some good stuff this week. I love the elf in the shoe the best. Happy holidays and good luck with my giveaway!

sissie said...

Yes, Linda that piece is a Fenton and to get it for 99 cents is amazing. I love it and all of your other finds. The little elf shoe is just darling.

hugs and Merry Christmas my sweet friend.

Sissie

Ann said...

wow great finds...I am always dropping off at Goodwill, guess I better go in!

Sherry said...

Those are some fantastic buys! I love your angel and cardinal under the cloche. Have a very Merry Christmas!
Sherry

Sharlotte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharlotte said...

Hi Linda,
Wow, these are such great finds and cute, cute, cute! Thanks so much for sharing and for dropping by to visit. Thanks too for always leaving such sweet comments! Merry Christmas!
Sharlotte

A Few Pennies said...

Those are wonderful finds! What a lucky find too on that Fenton dish; so pretty! Have a Merry Christmas and thank you for hosting every week.

Ames said...

Hi Linda, I love all your nifty Junkin Finds! The Corelle plates are sooh pretty and I really really love that little mitten tea light holder. It matches a picture frame I purchased to dispaly one of my grands sitting on Santa's lap. You did well my friend! Merry Christmas!~Ames

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Looks like you found some treasures!
Merry Christmas!!!

InMyOwnStyle said...

Hi Linda-

I love the Fenton dish - perfect for Christmas - what a deal. Your little elf is pretty cute, too.

Yep, I am one of the children in the first photo on my post you commented on. I am on the right with my back to the camera. I was 3 years old.
I have baked my cookies and eaten most already too. I hope you have a Merry Christmas.
My best- Diane

Susan said...

Wowsers, Linda. You must have a really great Goodwill there. You found some real treasures. Congratulations! Susan

Kathy said...

I always love seeing your latest finds Linda...
Have the Merriest Christmas ever this year,
Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Sherry said...

I found your blog yesterday and immediately became one of your newest followers. Your thrift store finds are amazing and I just had to join in your party today. Please forgive my older post but it is appropriate for partying!!!
I can't wait to see what everyone else has found! Merry Christmas!
Sherry@Back2Vintage

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Great finds you have here...love that BLUR RIDGE plate...so very pretty! Merry Christmas...hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Blessings,
Linda

dogsmom said...

I love the idea of a favorite finds party for next week.
I'll have to give some thought to what was tops on my list.

Happy Holidays!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Merry CHRISTmas Linda Sweetie...
I just love to come and see what you find when you are junkin. You find the best deals sweet friend.

That dish (Fenton) is gorgeous and what a deal on that one. I love it, and it wasn't chipped or broken either, what a deal.

I also love the angel you found at Cracker Barrel. I love that store, we go there to eat, but I always make my rounds about the store looking at all the beautiful items. I bought a snowman this year. He was my hearts desire.

Now that little elf in the shoe? Oh be still my little heart. I love him. He is SO precious. What an addition for your collection.

Have a Merry CHRISTmas Linda sweetie. It has been SO much fun blogging with you in 2010, I so look forward to 2011. Can't wait to see what you find next.

Many hugs and SO much love, Sherry

Betty said...

Wow, I want to shop with you. I love all your finds. Everything is so cute and thrifty. Merry Christmas!