Thursday, June 10, 2010

THE SWEET SMELL OF GARDENIAS

I must admit that Gardenia's are one of my all time favorite flowers
We have two large bushes in our back yard and this year the blooms are abundant!
This table setting is to celebrate Gardenias and Spring
Pink, green and white
 I won a set of these adorable bird plates from 
Jaz at OCTOBER FARM 
If you haven't visited this blog you should
Jaz has the most amazing gardens, a beautiful dog named Teddy and she is also a fantastic cook!  
She is also having another giveaway of bird plates
They are like these but with a yellow bird, very cute!
I started with green place mats and added these pink plates
I found at the Salvation Army back in May
I loved how the pink plate picked up the colors in the flowers
I also used the lacey pink glasses also found at SA
Teacups, teapot and pink creamer, sugar and S&P
continued the colors from the bird plates
 I added the napkins bought last week at the thrift 
white with pink edging and design
 The gardenias are in a green Franciscan ware ball jug
I added a couple of birds to the table
One at each place setting
I'm so thankful for these lovely garden bird plates
from Jaz and how they made this table!

I'm joining in these fun parties




Always,
Linda

22 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Very sweet and summery...I have always loved gardenias too..Heaven! :D

Nancy's Notes said...

Linda, what a sweet tablecape! I love the salad plates with the watering cans...I have never seen such adorable plates like those. Your napkins are so pretty, I think they are scalloped, love the pattern too. I love nice linens.

Thanks for sharing birthday girl!

Nancy

sissie said...

Your table looks lovely. I love gardenias too and have several bushes in my garden. They smell heavenly. The problem is, they don't last long.

Love those pink plates.

hugs
Sissie

susan said...

Love your new plates--congrats on winning. I love gardenias too. Mine don't look as if they are going to bloom this year :( Great table!

rose said...

i love the colors you used for the tablesetting. very talented. rose

Susan said...

That was lovely, Linda. The little birds are so cute, too. I agree with you on gardenias, too. They are one of my absolutely favorite flowers. Susan

Mimi said...

Beautiful pink and green table, Linda...I am liking pink more and more! The salad plates are adorable.

Jane said...

Very pretty tablescape. I love those glasses that you found at SA.
Jane

D said...

Hi, Linda,
I just love the smell of gardenias, too. I know that table smells sooooooo good. Tomorrow at exercise class, one of the girls has promised to bring me a bouquet of them, and I can't wait. Very pretty tablescape and great thrifty finds.
D

Leslie said...

I love your table settings. It doesn't hurt that I love birds either. ") I think the pink/green color combination is perfect for spring going into summer. Awesome!

Sarah said...

Linda, this is a delightful tablescape. Gardenias are a favorite here as well.

Mary said...

Love your plates combined with the pink~ and your little birds sprinkled on the table :-)

Jay said...

Very pretty table setting! I really thought those plates were a part of a set with the bird dishes, they go so beautifully together.

vintagesusie & wings said...

I LOVE your table setting friend!! I think my favorite are the pink plates with the dot edging...so pretty in pink!!
TGIF,
Smiles...
Susie

Diann said...

Very pretty Linda! love to see all your found treasures being used in this table! And i rally love the napkins! so pretty!

Cathy said...

I can almost smellthe gardenias;)!

This is such a wonderful tablescape! I adore the color combo and the garden themed plates are beautiful!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Love the pretty pink glasses too;)!

Claudia@DipityRoad said...

Hi Linda...
First thanks ever so much for joining with us this Friday Finding beauty... You will inspire sooo many.

Second I am simply in love with your pink dishes and the bird plates. What a delight!

Hope to see you again and again as you will be such a wonderful celebrator!

Hugs
Claudia

Susan said...

Your table setting is just beautiful. I love how you put it all together and mixed a bit of this and a bit of that. It all looks lovely together.

Peace and happiness,
Susan

Angel said...

What a Wonderful Garden tablescape!:) So Summerie(?)love the little birds , and just love Gardenias! Have a wonderful weekend~

Red Couch Recipes said...

Love your tablescape. I don't think there is any better smell (well, lilacs, lavender) than gardenias. Joni

Glenda... said...

Your table looks so beautiful, the dishes are so cute with the bird on them. I really like the colors in your blog, too.
I enjoyed my visit.
blessings,
glenda

Chatty Crone said...

Hey those pretty light pink plates are so pretty with the flowers and their smell - yum. sandie