Wednesday, June 9, 2010

EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!

              Today is Alphabe-Thursday
I'm joining JENNY MATLOCK
  Our letter this week
 U for
UNEXPECTED!

Wednesday June 9th was my 60th Birthday
I did not expect the outpouring of Birthday Wishes and Love that I received from Blogland
to say it was UNEXPECTED is an understatment
It started early with my friend Sandie giving me some fun Flamingo gifts and oh yes, a HomeGood gift card!!   She is on vacation so we met in May to start this celebration!  What a great friend!
This card cracked me up...thanks Sandie!

 This very sweet box arrived in the mail with a tag
that says 'cutie' and it was for me!
A surprise from Miz Mollye, Thank you!!

 I was again surprised when this UNEXPECTED
package arrived with such cute items for my Birthday
 Deb this was so sweet and such a nice surprise!
These adorable desert plates and napkin rings arrived on Tuesday
Dawn at Cottage State of Mind had a giveaway and we all won
She sent 'surprise' gifts and this was perfect for me.   Not a Birthday gift but an UNEXPECTED surprise when we all won!
Thanks Dawn I love these plates!!

I also won a CSN gift card from Miss Jenny's giveaway
Talk about UNEXPECTED luck!!!

I received several Birthday cards from Bloggy friends
and have been told 'it's in the mail' from a few others!
I had over 30 Happy Birthday comments on my Blog
Lots of Facebook Well wishes and Emails!
Calls from my Mom, my Girls and a couple of friends!
Lots of singing of Happy Birthday!
I won this gorgeous teapot from Annesphamily
It arrived Wed sent overnight because it was my Birthday
Thank you Anne it is so pretty I will treasure it forever!
AND
My winning luck continues as I won a giveaway from
Douce France in Canada
GUESS WHAT?  It arrived on Wed also!
France sent me so many beautiful treasures!
Including this milk glass vase!
Teacups and some various teas!
This amazing handmade apron and
a pair of sweet pearl earrings for my Birthday!
Merci Beaucoup my sweet friend!
  I love this card it made me laugh!
    
From my very sweet Honey Honey
A bag of my favorite candy


           A fabulous extension tube so I can take close ups
Like This!  

He also made me a light box
(it's a work in progress) 
 Right now it's a frame with a sheet and great lights
I took most of these photo's with it today and I'm very happy!
Rainy days come on, I've got electric sunshine!

It was completely UNEXPECTED that this many of you would become such great friends and mean this much to me even though I've met so very few of you!  
I am blown away by the love and well wishes!
 Now there is just one more thing left and it's not
UNEXPECTED
Cupcakes!  

Thank you all!

Linda         

49 comments:

Susan said...

Awwwwww, Linda. You DESERVE all the fanfare and hoopla! See how many people love you? Isn't that awesome? Sleep with the angels tonight! Sincerely, Susan

GardenofDaisies said...

What a fun day you had!!! Great gifts and cards! A very Happy Birthday to you!!!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Happy Birthday Linda! What fun you've had! Isn't Blogville an amazing place? laurie

Debbie said...

Happy Happy Birthday Linda to you! WOW you scored on your day....you are so sweet, I can see why you are loved so much. Many more wishes your way Linda!~

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I am so glad you have a wonderful birthday. You have great friends that sent terrific presents.

Kathy said...

Yeah for 60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mine was last month...I'm a month older then you girl!
Glad you were showered with love on your special day.
Happy Birthday sweetie,
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Douce France..... said...

I am so glad you received my little prize juat in time for your Birthday! It's time to Celebrate! Cheers!! Tost to you my friend!

Susan said...

It looks like you did have a very wonderful birthday. What a happy feeling you must have had all day long!
Susan

Natasha said...

Happy Birthday! How wonderful to be treated to these lovely gifts-you must be a very special indeed!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

jeff campbell said...

Wow! What a post...and to think that at 60 you can still put together something extraordinary like this :-) Love the insect closeup...and that tea pot prize...I like...Peace and blessings and hopes that one day we can do the Summerville flea market and then lunch at the Wildflower

Viki said...

Happy Birthday. Looks like you made out great with all the great cards and fantastic gifts. I hope you had a happy day. Great U post.

JcVeggie said...

Wow! You sure do deserve all these delighful gifts birthday princess:) WOW! Isn't it so cool how the world works out sometimes? I think you got some wonderful gifts and I bet you will have lots of funs playing with your new goodies!

mbkatc230 said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. It's good to be the Queen now and again, isn't it? Such beautiful gifts, and the cards are so funny. How are you liking the extension tube? DH just got one but I haven't tried it yet. Kathy

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

It was a very special birthday ~ and so happy that it was a great one.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Jane said...

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful birthday full heartfelt birthday wishes! Enjoy the rest of the week.
Jane

Terra said...

awe, that post was totally unexpected I expected a Big Brother post! What a very special birthday!

claudie said...

...and it's still your birthday for 30 more minutes...celebrate till midnight, that's what I say Linda.
You are loved...isn't it so nice? You deserve it.
May you have a fab year ahead, and many more celebrations dear friend.
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxo

Jo said...

oh my gosh you are a very very lucky girl with all of those wins and all of those well wishers! Happy belated birthday!

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

What a wonderful birthday you had!!!
You totally deserved it!

Hugs,
Anne

Susan said...

WOWZA!! we all need to rub you for some of that luck! LOL

HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday!! Many more :)
I'll be 50 on the 22nd.

Susan

jfb57 said...

I'm surprised that you were surprised with your UNEXPECTED day! You are clearly a lovely lady who derserves to be treated!Happy borthday!

My name is PJ. said...

Yay, Linda! I'm so happy you were blown away! Is there a better way to greet a new day, new year, new decade:?

Red Couch Recipes said...

What a fun post! How fun to get all that in the mail! Happy Birthday Linda! Joni

susan said...

Linda-I'm sorry I missed the big day, but you were not forgotten! I know you must feel loved and appreciated with all your warm wishes and gifts! You got some wonderful things! Happy birthday---You are 60 and one day!

Carol said...

Happiest of birthdays to ya! Looks like you are one lucky lady!

Mollye said...

Who hoo What fun. Beautiful Birthday and Beautiful Lady!

Nora Johnson said...

Belated Birthday wishes!

Wishing you a Happy Alphabe-Thursday too!

LOLA:)

PS Mine this time is HERE. Hope you can join me!

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

Happy Birthday, dear friend.

KobysCache said...

Wow! I'm new to blogland, but I'm amazed to see how many friendships are kindled here. It looks like your celebration was filled with warm wishes from so many friends. You are blessed!
I hope you had a fabulous day.
Lydia

Riet said...

Happy belated birthday. What a wonderful lot op unexpected surprises you got. Isn't it great to have so many blogging friends.

Vintage Christine said...

I think I'm due some royalties from that birthday card . . .

laterg8r said...

60 looks like it is going to be a great year for you :D

50s Housewife said...

How fun! Happy birthday!

Sherrie said...

Darn it, now I realize I should have mailed you the sparklers. Now that would have been unexpected!!! Glad you had a great day.

Sherrie

Diann said...

Linda! Wow girl! You got lots of wonderful things!! And you deserved everyone of them!! I hope you had an awesome birthday! Of course, you still have my box coming. I am your "late as usual" friend!!

Jenny said...

Awww Linda! Happy Birthday! I think my card might have been late!

I love this celebratory stop on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's letter "U"!

It is posts like this that make my heart feel warm...and reinforce that there are many, many wonderful people in the world!

May this year be filled with a treasure of unexpected joys and blessings!

A+

Molly said...

What a great day you must have had. I hope the coming year is your best yet!

Pondside said...

Wow!! That was quiet a birthday - you set the bar high! Congratulations and best wishes!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Cupcakes! Cupcakes? Wow... cupcakes......

Annesphamily said...

Linda, I am sorry I was so sick and could get get my birthday card in that package to you! But I am glad the teapot arrived safely! You are truly blessed and very well loved! Anne

Jingle said...

special and cute u post,
Happy Belated Birthday!

Jingle said...

http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/06/jingles-june-follower-awards-week-1.html

June awards....
enjoy some!

Cheryl said...

This was an unexpected and delightful surprise on my journey through the U phamily. How fun for you to have won over the hearts of so many friends in the blogosphere. And all those contests you won! Wow!

PERMANENT POSIES said...

Well, Happy BD! I will be 54 on June 18 and have about 6 BD dinners or lunches planned with various friends and family. Yum! You have great friends.

kim said...

Linda, I just found out it was your birthday this week. So happy birthday and now you get the CSN gift certificate to continue celebrating. It was meant to be!!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

OH! Happy Birthday! And what fun and wonderful cards and gifts! Enjoy!

Blessings & Aloha!

Vicki said...

UNBELIEVABLY sorry that I missed saying HappyB~Day to you. Looks like you had a great one and so glad you shared it with Us!

Chatty Crone said...

No one deserves it more than you! Happy birthday. sandie

cjschlottman said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Your bog is just lovely,