Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tag Swap & My Word For 2013

I signed up for my first tag swap.  It was a Christmas tag swap and my partner was Myrna at My Enchanted Home.   We both got behind but did get our tags done and sent before Christmas! 
I want to thank Myrna and share the great tag she made me!
I was so happy to receive this adorable tag!
Myrna also sent me some cute gifts!
A very cute Christmas pin, cookie cutters and these wonderful napkins..one says JOY and the other PEACE.  I love them!  Oh and there was candy but somehow it disappeared!  
I made these tags for her and while I enjoyed making them I see I have a long way to go in my creativity!
I bought some glitter and other items so I'm hoping my next tags will be
 much better! 

My sweet friend Deb also sent me a tag...
I love this tag and I am inspired by Deb to make more tags to share with friends!

I also want to thank my sweet friend Shara at Monkeybox!  She posted a thrifty find of cute snowmen and I fell in love.  Next think I knew they arrived at my house!
Shara sent these to me in the midst of a medical emergency concerning her Mom.  What a wonderful friend.  Shara's Mom is doing much better but there is still a long road of physical therapy ahead.  

I have chosen my 'word' for 2013
There were hints throughout December on my blog and even my 'tag' and gifts from Myrna had my word....so fun to get them when no one knew! 

Yes my word for 2013
I have decided to choose JOY!
It is such a positive word and that is how I feel about this coming year!

Definition of JOY

1
a : the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires :delight
b : the expression or exhibition of such emotion : gaiety
2
: a state of happiness or felicity : bliss
3
: a source or cause of delight

Often used around Christmas, I think it's a word that work's well all year
To celebrate my year of JOY I am also starting a new party.  
Gratitude Sunday will start this week and I hope you will join in. 
 Any post that shares Gratitude is welcome!  
I am going to have this party the first Sunday of each month.  If it is desired by the participants we can do it weekly but I think monthly to start! 
I welcome your feedback!

So I hope to see you Sunday January 6, 2013

Wishing you JOY,

Linda


29 comments:

Ms. Redo said...

I'll put your new party on my list, looking forward to it!!! Mary

Susan said...

Joy is a good word for 2013! It's joyous knowing you, XOXO

Chatty Crone said...

I think Joy is a great word - I would love to be named Joy - I think - lol.

And I think you must have been a good girl this year with all those lovely gifts.

AND I think that is a great idea about grateful Sunday.

Love, sandie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your sweet tags and snowmen! You did a great job making them, too! I'm still thinking of my word for this year. Joy is a great word and describes YOU! Hugs!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I haven't made any special tags yet. That will be a craft for next Christmas too with the Putz houses I plan to try.

Barbara F. said...

We are sharing the same word for 2013! It is a good word!! I'll see you Sunday!!! Great tags, by the way. xo

Nellie said...

Wonderful tags, Linda! Also, cute snowmen! Great word for the year!
xo Nellie

Jill said...

Love it!!

I thought about joining the tag swap too, but I didn't, wish I had given it a try!

thistlewoodfarm said...

What a wonderful idea to host a gratitude party! Thank you so much for sharing and I will be here on Sunday!

blessings,
karianne

The Decorative Dreamer said...

I love your word of the year, Joy,JOY,JOY!!! I also really love your new party idea. What a great way to keep us all in check with our own joy by letting us posting about those things we are most grateful for. Your tags are very cute and so nice. All of you did a beautiful job creating them!

Susan said...

Joy is good, Linda. That's a good one for 2013. Take care and have a good night. Freezing here in Massachusetts. Susan

oldgreymare said...

Wishing you joy also.
A gratitude party is a lovely idea. Just the right attitude to approach this New Year.

joanne said...

"Joy" is the perfect word for you, as you always spread such joy to others may you also find it in every area of your life. Blessings to you for a wonderful '13.

Terra said...

Linda you can not have too much joy, so your word is fabulous. I chose dream. Maybe I will take part in your gratitude idea.

Maureen said...

A gratitude party is a wonderful idea! What a great way to spread a little JOY among us. Love your word!

Into Vintage said...

Happy new year, Linda! JOY it is and wishing you lots of it in 2013. :-)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

You've chosen a great word Linda! I wish you a year filled with much joy:@)

Cheri said...

What lovely tags and there definitely is some creativity going on...love the snowmen...I collect them.

"Joy" is a great word for 2013...let's hope we all can evoke some Joy is our lives.

Vonlipi said...

I wish you all the joy in the world dear Linda!

Sometimes you need to work at it a bit but it is well worth it!

Jann Olson said...

Hi Linda, All of the tags are so cute. Yes, glitter always adds a special touch, but I think yours are still darling. Love the angel one! Joy is certainly a word that we can use everyday. Continually seeking for Joy in our lives helps us to have a better attitude. Your new party sounds wonderful. Gratitude is something we all need to reflect upon. Marking the date and will try to join in.
Hugs,
Jann

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

JOY
JOY
JOY!!!!
That is one of my favorite words!
Great pick!
Warmly,
deb

ImSoVintage said...

Choosing JOY is the best. Great choice, Linda. Looking forward to your party :)

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love it Linda! Your gifts are great and the tags you made are cute! I've never done a swap either, but may be doing my first one soon. Not easy to be crafty for some of us! Joy...a simple word conveying so much promise. Great choice! Think your new party is a terrific idea and hope I can join in. :) Pam

Donna said...

Hi LInda - thanks so much for letting me know that others are also experiencing problems with posting pictures! Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Your tags are beautiful, as are the ones you received! And JOY is a beautiful word for the New Year!!!

All my best,
Donna

suzyq said...

Hey Linda!
Love all your tags
And also love that you chose the word JOY as your word for the year - it's too beautiful a word to be used only for a couple of weeks -
Wishing you much Comfort and JOY throughout 2013 my friend!
Big hugs,
Suzan

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely creations. THanks for the visit to Skipper's blog, she apprciated it. :)

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

I'm so behind the times!!
How fun Linda!!
Gratitude is a wonderful word and will make a wonderful party!!

Annesphamily said...

I like Joy too! Myrna did a cute thing at her blog. She cut the letters J O Y out of vinyl and attached them to plain jars! It looked so wonderful! She is a real sweet lady too!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I am glad you liked the tag!I am finally back to my blog and have featured your tags today. :)
Happy New Year!