Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Junkin Awards

Happy New Year!
I couldn't end 2012 without giving my favorite junkin awards!

Favorite Pyrex
I didn't buy much Pyrex this year but I did find this great canister!  I keep cupcake wrappers in it on a shelf...very cute!

Favorite Find In White
I love this chippy shelf I found for $4
Unfortunately it's still not hung but it's a goal for 2013!

Favorite Find In Red
I love these Waechtersbach mugs and this cute one with mice on ladders was a great find on the WLYS for $2

Favorite Find In Blue
This cute little blue and white owl bank just made me smile and only cost pennies!

Favorite Find In Green
This gorgeous candy dish was found covered in dirt and grease...
lots of cleaning and now it is gorgeous! 

Favorite Find In Pink
I didn't find this but I must tell you that it is my favorite Pink thing of 2012....
thanks Honey!

Favorite Find WLYS
(World Longest Yard Sale)
This McCoy planter is my favorite find for sure from the WLYS.  
 It has cleaned up nicely also!

Favorite Christmas Find
These cute napkins celebrate our new kitty Mr Toes and I they make me happy!

Favorite Find For Tiger
This Fisher Price ride on bus has to be my best thrifty find for Tiger this year! 
 He loves it and plays with it all the time!

Favorite Plate Find 
All these plates for less then $3
I can't wait to use them in a Tablescape!

Those are my favorite junkin finds for 2012~
I look forward to seeing what great junk 2013 will bring me!

I've decided to do a Gratitude Party on the first Sunday of each month!  Our first party will be this coming Sunday January 6th! 
I'll have more details in a couple of days!

Joyeux,

Linda

24 comments:

AshTreeCottage said...

Love that chippy shelf! Wish I lived close by so I could come over and help you hang it. That pink princess phone is to die for. Happy New Year!!!

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Love how you categorized your favorite finds! Happy Happy New Year!

SavannahGranny said...

You had a great year young lady. The green candy dish is awesome. I have never been to the WLYS but it sure sounds fun.
I am grateful you are my friend and I will try to make the party. We all have so much for which to feel grateful.
Happy New Year, Linda. Ginger

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

You made some great finds last year! Love the chippy shelf and that pink telephone is the cat's meow!!! Happy New Year and Happy Hunting in 2013!

Susan said...

Hi Linda! Happy New Year! Great finds. I look forward to seeing what treasures will be yours in 2013.

Gratitude Sunday sounds super!

Take care and thanks for your visit today and your sweet comment. Susan

Kathe said...

My favorite is the wall shelf! I had a pink princess phone when I was young! Oh how I loved it! It made me feel so girlie being surrounded by brothers :-) Happy New Year Linda! I can't wait to see what you find this year!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The gratitude party is a great idea, my friend! I use to keep a gratitude journal and wouldn't mind starting one again for this year! Sweet hugs!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' the great candy dish Linda! You found the phone... it was under the tree:@) Happy 2013!

Nellie said...

If you have trouble finding a use for that chippy shelf, just let me know.:-) It was fun to see your thrifty finds! xo Nellie

AllyJo said...

OMGosh, there is some good stuff there. Really lucky finds. I think the planter or the shelf is my favorite find. SWEET!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Awesome finds Linda...luv that shelf. Happy New Year!!

Blessings,
Linda

Chatty Crone said...

I like your favorite find in white - your pink phone and your truck for Tiger!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I LOVE your pink telephone! I found a turquoise phone and plan to decorate a guest bedroom around it.

mrs. c said...

I want to come to your Gratitude Party! I cannot wait for the info. Jeff and I have really been junking this year and we are going to have a booth in the WLYS on the back of Signal Mountain. I cannot wait, I hope that you will visit and we can meet!

Jill said...

I like all of your favourite selections!! Hope we all find some neat things this year too!!

Susan said...

You have a great knack for finding treasures. I agree, this is good junkin! XOXO

Debbiedoo's said...

That owl bank is adorable Linda. Happy New year to you all and wishing you all the best it can be.

JAPAN SAMURAI said...

I wish you a ☆ :: * Happy-New-Year * :: ☆ From Japan.!! God bless you during 2013!
Ryoma Sakamoto.

ImSoVintage said...

Definitely great finds, Linda. Thanks for sharing them again :)
Hugs for the new year,
Laura

Zootsuitmama said...

looks like you really cashed in! Don't ya love the thrill of the hunt?

the cape on the corner said...

love your paris header...do you have an official countdown on?

Laurie Ritchey said...

Linda, I don't know how you ever picked favorites, because you always find the best treasures. Love that princess phone. I had to buy one in turqoise when I saw it at a junk store, because that was the color I had when I was a teen. They are definitely classics. Can't wait to see your scape with all of that pretty china. laurie

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful favorites Linda. I must say that my favorite is the pink phone...I'm jealous!

20 North Ora said...

Love your chippy shelf and covet your piece of McCoy! LOL
What a cute way to remember all of your favorites for the year!

Judy