Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Guy Stuff

Today I'm sharing what Mr ALC bought on the Worlds Longest Yard Sale 2012
Mr ALC has a large collection of film cameras & movies cameras.
  This 1960's era DeJur 8mm Camera was $5

 He also loves tape players, record players and records...
this reel to reel player was another $5
Did I mention radios?  Yes he loves them! 
This great 1953 Zenith radio was $15...it has some damage but the cool Bakelite knobs and face are intact and the Mr can make it work!

and this 'thingy' was $2 and will be used for parts
This old sprayer was bought for the non-plastic sprayer attachment....OK...???
(like I said...Guy stuff)
A very nice Maglite flashlight
 (which I posed on this .25 Vera scarf I forgot to share in my previous post)

We both love this vintage desk lamp!

Now this is my favorite of the Mr's finds
This amazing Voigtlander Bessa camera & case from the 1930's
I had the best time taking pictures of this great old camera....I will have to do a photo shoot of some of the Mr's great collection of cameras one of these days! 
 This was $15 and I think a real score!
Thanks to Mr ALC for letting me share his WLYS finds on my blog


I'm joining 
and 

Hugs,
Linda



25 comments:

Cheri said...

Oh my word, Linda, my oldest daughter who is a photographer would LOVE those cameras and that would have been worth going. If he ever decided to sell any she might be interested.

Chatty Crone said...

Well I will tell you this - his stuff doesn't interest me as much as yours does - but I know it him it was great - so I am happy for him. Sandie

Susan said...

Oh my gosh, Linda. He sure did rack up a bundle of treasures. Good for him! Susan

The Tablescaper said...

Neat finds. I love how everyone enjoys collecting different things.

- The Tablescaper

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Nice. I really love the radio and the camera from the 30s. Fun. Nice that you both like to collect. Very cool.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Mr. ALC has some mighty fine collections. The camera has to be my favorite and what a bargain. Thanks for sharing these Linda.

Ames said...

Cool stuff! I'd buy that Mag Light myself. They are very good quality flashlights and they make a good weapon in a bad situation.

I'd love to find me a nice bakelite radio. Cool finds Mr. ALC~Ames

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Cool stuff! Looks like he had fun at the sale:@)

Mark said...

Great finds!
And Linda,I gotta tell you, those are some great photos that you took of all those items.
m.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

He's quite the deal finder, too! I love the lamp, radio, and the camera!

Pam said...

Wow! Your husband has great taste. Love the cameras and the radio is very cool.

the cape on the corner said...

whoa whoa whoa! those first and last cameras..they would go great in someone's retro/drive in inspired movie basement...i'm just saying! those are great prices, and something i'll definitely look for in any yard sale. one must go with a purpose, for sure!

ImSoVintage said...

That camera was definitely a score, Linda and I loooove the Vera scarf.

SavannahGranny said...

Mr. ALC is quite a shopper. Now, if he could only do tablescapes! LOL!
Love the old cameras and electronics. Brings back memories.
Hugs, Ginger

Ann said...

wow he got some pretty cool stuff. I remember those 8mm movie cameras. My dad had one and took home movies of everything. It was always fun watching them.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Mr ALC made quite a haul. I especially love the old "accordion" camera! Imagine what he could have found if it hadn't rained!!!

Gina said...

It looks like Mr. ALC did quite well for himself. I love the cameras!

Sarah said...

Fun to see what your guy found. You two must have had a great time.

Diann said...

Holy cow! mr. ALC found some amazing treaures! Great thrifting! Thank you for sharing at TTF. Have a fantastic weekend!

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Well, well, well!! I thought this was an all girls buying trip!! How nice that Mr. Linda enjoys getting out and buying too!! He bought everything that Danny would have bought too! Love those cameras!! so does he display his things or resell??

BECKY said...

WOW! I love 99% of his stuff!! Awesome deals!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Amazing stuff! And great deals, too! So he went with you? Fun!...hugs...Debbie

vicki said...

Linda-- what a wonderful collection of vintage finds--- that yard sale is always such great fun isn't it!!! I didn't get to go this year--- had to work :(

Thanks for your visit-- so wonderful to meet you! Your blog is beautiful-- I'm going to stay with you also!

Have a great Sunday--
Vicki

Kim said...

Wow, I'm kind of in love with All of that stuff!

Jenny said...

Someday I'm going to go to one of those sales!

I'd have to rent a u-haul though!