Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What's Up Wednesday

I am getting excited about our adventure to the World's Longest Yard Sale!  I hope I find some great stuff and have some good things to share when I get back! 
I always try to make a little 'wish list' for the sale but of course the best finds are things I never even knew I wanted!!
This year's list includes
Pottery of any color but would love to find some more pinks
I would love a galvanized watering can but at a good price
A vintage toy truck for a Christmas vignette
and of course shopping for Sandie

I have lots of family and friends on my prayer list
Seems like so much illness and other issues going on....Just makes me sad but I know God is in control!

Now a special request!  My Great Nephew (who is adorable) is in a photo contest and if you would take a minute and vote for him I would so appreciate it!
Here is the link to facebook and all you have to do is LIKE~ this photo! The contest closes on Aug 3rd so vote now....Please!  Thank you so much!

I'm loving all the butterflies in my yard! 

Have a wonderful day,

Linda




20 comments:

Honey at 2805 said...

I've never been the the Longest Garage Sale, and hope to someday! Have fun!

I voted for your nephew!

the cape on the corner said...

what a sweetie your nephew is!

good luck on your hunt for those objects, and take lots of pictures!

Sarah said...

Linda, the sale sounds like great fun. I always have a list for the antique shows at Round Top, but seems I find things I didn't even know I wanted. Actually that happens frequently..........Sarah

Ann said...

I love the bird in your pictures. As a matter of fact I love it so much I have one :)
I'll go vote for your great nephew and he is adorable

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I hope you find all the treasures you are looking for and MORE!!
Sweet grand nephew!!
Have FUN!!
Warmly,
deb

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I'm sure the yard sale is a great time, hope you find lots of unexpected treasures:@)

sissie said...

Hi Linda,
I have always wanted to do the yard sale and I know you are going to have fun and find so many goodies. Have fun. Hope you find everything on your wish list.

hugs
Sissie

ImSoVintage said...

Have fun at the yard sale. There are always lots of goodies to be found. What a cutie your nephew is :)

Susan said...

Hi Linda...Hope you find lots of treasures at the yard sale! Susan

Chatty Crone said...

I hope that you and Mr. A La Carte have the best time ever! That you find lots of fun things. Stay hydrated. Love, sandie

Laurie said...

I've always wanted to go on the Longest Garage Sale. Hopefully I'll be the chance when my husband retires. Sounds like tons of fun. Hope you find everything on your list. I voted for your nephew, what a cutie. I am now following you back. Have a great day!
http://www.laurieslittlebitsofcreativity.com/

Diann said...

I hope you have a blast! I'm sure you will find all kinds of awesome things! I voted (liked) for that cutie!

Curtains in My Tree said...

I have always wanted to do the longest yard sale

I am sure you will see a lot of treasures and have lots of stopping and going

but you will find lots I am sure

good luck

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Thinking about you RIGHT NOW and all the fun you're having and things you're finding!! Can't wait to see what you got:-}}}

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I hope you're having a great time and you come home with everything on your wish list!
Your great nephew is just adorable. Darn, if I wasn't sleeping on the job, I would have seen this yesterday. I sure hope he wins!

Mary said...

Happy Garage Sale...my sister and I swore off of those...hahahahhaha good luck.

Jacquelineand.... said...

What an adorable little guy (and, yes, I 'liked' the picture) and great photos!

Have a great time on your hunt.

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

By the way -- love your butterfly picture!! AND I like that blue bird in your picture frame picture!!
Sooooooooooooooo --- what all did you get???

Susan said...

p.s. on Monday, August 6. Thanks for your visit to my blog today. Sorry I creeped you out with snakey. hee hee Susan

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

What a sweet baby!
Have fun at the yard sale... I bet you find everything on your list and then some!