Friday, August 31, 2012

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Susan Apron

Have you heard of the Traveling Susan Apron?
It started back in March 2012.  A wonderful lady named Susan who blogs at
My Mother's Apron Strings creates an apron each month and gives it away!  The winner of the March apron was Meggie and this is what she wrote about the apron!
Sisterhood of the Traveling Susan Apron
Borrowed Photo from Susan's Blog
Susan has just notified me that I am the March winner of one of the beautiful apron's she sews and then gives away each month. If you are looking for wonderful recipes and photos, check out her blog, My Mother's Apron Strings. Attached to her recipes are many heartfelt stories of life and family.

I've decided to keep the wonderful gift for two weeks and write a few words in a journal about what I did in my kitchen while wearing the apron. Then, I will pass the apron and journal on to one of my blogging buddies, hoping she will do the same. Just think, in a year, Susan's apron will have traveled to 24 different kitchens. 

Yes, this is a knock-off from the book and movie, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Somehow, I think we will have less trouble fitting into the apron than we would the pants.

Thanks again, Susan! I am honored that you chose me......

Meggie Mac


Yes this apron has traveled to several bloggers
Meggie at Meggie On The Prarie in Texas
Elaine at Pear Tree Log in England
Scarlet at Tales From Beyond The Nook in England
Jane at The Maple Syrup Mob in Ontario, Canada
Deb at Just Cats in Ontario, Canada
and Susan at Just Sayin' in Ontario, Canada

Guess where it is now?
Here at A La Carte!
The apron arrived with this wonderful note and sweet gifts and of course
The Apron!

I am truly blessed to have been chosen to join the sisterhood and will do my best to get inspiration from this very special apron!   Just think this apron was born in Redmond, Washington and has traveled to Texas, England, Canada and now is back in the USA in Georgia! 
I know it has stories to tell me and I will share them with you in upcoming posts! 
This is a favorite thing for sure! 

I'm joining 
and a new party starting Saturday Sept 1st
A Favorite Thing with Claudia at
Mockingbird Hill Cottage
Please drop by and join in the fun!

Hugs, 
Linda

36 comments:

Gina said...

What a cute idea! I can't wait to see how you spend your time with the apron. Have fun!

Chatty Crone said...

I can't wait to see what you do with it too Linda. sandie

Jill said...

What a neat idea and k owing that is has actually travelled across the big pond and now back again!!

It's a sweet apron too!!

AshTreeCottage said...

I think this is a perfectly charming idea! Just think, that apron will be sent with love, be handled with love and then sent off with love. The perfect way to glorify sisterhood. I so enjoyed this post!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Deb said...

"Hey Sister". Hope you have a magical time in the kitchen with that apron.
Hugs, Deb

Susan said...

I'm gushing knowing I have a new "Sister". My mother inspired me, not only in baking, but in being the most sharing, generous woman I've known; she gave me a set of "apron strings," cut from one of her favorites, when I got married. It may be a symbol of letting go, but for me, it's a way to hold on to her (she passed away at age 67). Through the aprons I make and give away honors her generosity...it also has blessed me with new friends. Happy Baking Linda, XOXO

Sarah said...

Linda, this is sweet idea. Looking forward to seeing your ideas for this apron.
Enjoy the holiday weekend.........Sarah

Elaine said...

This is always such an exciting time, as we wait to see where the apron will lead you. Enjoy the magic!

Lynn said...

What a great idea! And you find the apron easier to fit into! Love that!

Meggie said...

What a beautiful post you have written about The Apron. I'm very exccited to see where it leads you. Welcome to the Sisterhood!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

How fun! I look forward to hearing about your time with the apron! Happy Labor Day Weekend Linda:@)

Ann said...

That is a very cute idea and that apron is pretty cute too

ImSoVintage said...

What a sweet idea. Goooo sisterhood :)

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

What a great idea. I will check out her blog

Claudia said...

This is such a neat idea, Linda! I love the story of the traveling apron. Thank you so much for sharing it and for joining in on my party. Please come back next week!

xo
Claudia

Jane and Chris said...

Hello sister!!
The magic of the apron will lead you to wonderful things...so happy that I've known the magic and now you will know it too.
Jane xxx

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Good Morning Linda!!
What a wonderfully neat idea!! Reminds me when I taught 1st grade and we sent a teddy bear all over the USA to grandparents of kids in my class!!
I'll have to check out all the other bloggers too! Too Much Fun!!

Susan said...

That's a really cute apron, too, Linda. Ready for the upcoming fall holidays. Susan

craftyles said...

What a fun idea. You are lucky to have the travelling apron for awhile. I'm sure there will be many stories attached to it.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I just LOVE this idea! And how fun for you! I wear an apron every day....wish I could take part! Enjoy the holiday weekend, girlfriend!

zaza said...

YAY! Enjoy and be inspired.
Look forward to hearing about your adventure!

Vonlipi said...

That is such a fun way to share this wonderful apron!

It reminds me of pen pals when I was young (er).

I can't wait to see what you cook up while wearing this sweet apron.

Hugs

Valerie XXX

SixBalloons said...

What a worthy stop for the apron!

Loooooved the tablescape from previous post but did not get a chance to comment by the way. The green hydrangeas re my favourite!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very fun idea with the apron!
Love your Mr. Toes! LOVE your tablescape! You set the best tables!!!
Have a nice weekend!
Warmly,
deb :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Have fun cookin' up a storm!

bj said...

O, I love it.
I just sent LUCY RABBIT off after a stay here in Texas. She started off in England, I think. It was such fun.
Now, a traveling apron. How fun is that.
I'm pretty sure this apron will be the reason for some extra special foods coming from your kitchen.
xoxoxo

20 North Ora said...

What a precious apron and a cute idea. Enjoy!

Thanks for visiting 20 North Ora.

Judy

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a fun idea and congratulations for being the new temporary keeper of the apron.

Annesphamily said...

What a sweet idea! I came to tell you to stop by Sue's (CollectInTexas). She found Pyrex napkin rings! Woo Hoo! I know you love Pyrex!
The apron is so sweet. Have a great Labor Day!

It's All Connected said...

I love this idea and wish those chickens had stopped by my house while they were in Ontario! ~ Maureen

SavannahGranny said...

Oh Linda, What a precious idea. You are so deserving of wearing this apron. I know you will be inspired but additionally you are yourself inspiring.
Looking forward to seeing what you cook up. Hugs, Ginger

Honey at 2805 said...

This is an adorable idea! I think that it has traveled to a perfect place in being sent to you! What a fabulous sisterhood!

Laurie Ritchey said...

Well, how fun is that! I hope you'll be posting what you contribute to the journal. laurie

Scarlet said...

Hello Sister! I hope the apron guides you to a wonderful place- have fun! x

Sally Annie Magundy said...

This is so much fun, love the idea! I hope I get to hear some of the apron's further adventures. :)

kitty said...

What a cute, fun idea!! I loved reading about the traveling apron.