Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Summer's End

It has been a hot and dry summer for many of you.
We have been lucky to have rain on and off for the last few weeks.  Cooler temps and late summer blooms have made it a wonderful August. 
 Let's celebrate the end of summer!
A simple dinner for two!
I bought this tablecloth and matching napkins at Kohl's several years ago on clearance but this is my first time using them
the blues, browns and greens are some of my favorite colors
To tone down this busy pattern I used a solid blue placemat from dollar tree and brown rattan chargers found at a thrift shop
I found these blue plates marked down at TJ Maxx
I love the beach feel they have
A matching napkin
with amazing shell napkin rings found at a thrift shop a couple of summers ago
I added a vintage brown wine glass and a blue water glass to complement the colors in the tablecloth and of course they were thrift shop finds
A view of the place setting.  The flatware is some I've had for a long time.
For a centerpiece I pulled out a vintage blue vase and added some Hydrangea blooms that are turning a pretty shade of green
I added my Pier 1 bird salt & pepper shakers 
they are just too cute!
The white shell for a butter dish completes this setting
Thanks for joining me and celebrating these last lovely days of summer
I'm joining Kathleen for 

I'm also keeping all of those affected by Isaac in my thoughts and prayers

Hugs,
Linda

31 comments:

Pam said...

That is the perfect table setting for the end of summer. I can't believe you haven't used that tablecloth before. It's gorgeous.

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Linda, you did good!

Susan said...

Now I know why the apron chose you--I'm a dishaholic and love setting beautiful tables as much as cooking! Your setting is beautiful and I believe really makes the meal "taste" better. XOXO

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Very pretty Linda, I love the tablecloth and napkins-great colors:@)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Very pretty, Linda. Love the hydrangeas and great shots.

Susan said...

Oh very pretty, Linda. Very nice colors, too. Susan

Ann said...

a gorgeous table. I love all the blues and browns.

Debbiedoo's said...

Lovely Linda. I love the napkin rings and your pretty dishes from Tj'maxx are great. I have not been there in awhile.

Chatty Crone said...

The first photo just hit me - what a relaxing dinner that would be - so pretty. sandie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Shell napkin rings!!! OH MY! I love these! And your sweet birds add so much to your pretty table! Enjoy your week!

Gina said...

Pretty table, Linda! I love the tablecloth and napkins. Brown and blue are so fantastic together.

Jane and Chris said...

I just love everything about that layout!
Jane x

Sarah said...

Linda, this beautiful table is perfect for celebrating the end of summer. Those gorgeous hydrangeas are the perfect compliment to the tablecloth and the stack of dishes. Makes me want to pull up a chair and join you.
Enjoy the holiday weekend.......Sarah

Aledia said...

Beautiful table!! I love the colors and the tablecloth/napkins are sooo pretty!

Really cute dishes too! Have a wonderful night!

Aledia

Barbara F. said...

Beautiful colors, Linda. Very pretty table. Love the gift shop finds and the table cloth/napkins from Kohl's. xo

kitty said...

I love your table for two, Linda. The hydrangeas are the perfect complement to your pretty tablecloth and dishes.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Love the colors and the hydrangeas are the perfect flower for the end of summer!

xinex said...

Your tablescape is really pretty, Linda. I love the shape and color of the plates....Christine

ImSoVintage said...

Perfect end of summer table, Linda. Those little bird salt and peppers are so sweet :)

gail said...

Linda this is my favorite of all your table scapes. Love the tablecloth.
Beautiful!!!
xoxo
gail

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Very pretty Linda! I love the linens. They look so great with the blues you used in the dishware. I also really love the napkin rings. That was a fantastic find!

De tout, de rien said...

Beautiful Linda, magazine worthy for sure!

Dianne said...

Hi Linda,

I love those dishes from TJ too. They are perfect. Like you, I love when the hyddrangeas turn that beautiful shade of green. This table is just perfect. Dianne

Dianne said...

Hi Linda,

I love those dishes from TJ too. They are perfect. Like you, I love when the hyddrangeas turn that beautiful shade of green. This table is just perfect. Dianne

Marigene said...

What a gorgeous tablecloth. This is one of my favorite tablescapes that you have done...love everything about it, especially the hydrangeas in the cobalt vase!

Monica @ Texas Fiesta Ware Fan said...

Fabulous table. Fabulous finds!!! I love everything!!!

Elaine said...

Beautiful, inspirational. I must try harder with my table settings!

Infuse With Liz said...

I love the colors! Those light blue dishes look wonderful and I really like the print on the linens! It's great to see the hydrangeas incorporated- perfect late summer look!

Annesphamily said...

This is a perfect ending to summer. What a delightful table you set!

Annesphamily said...

This is a perfect ending to summer. What a delightful table you set!

Kathleen said...

It is beautiful, Linda! Love the cloth with the blue and brown, just lovely!
I am not calling it quits on summer yet, and certainly the weather is summery!
Thanks for linking such a pretty table to Let's Dish!