Monday, July 30, 2012

A New 'Tweaking' Party

I was really excited to see a post from Brenda at Cozy Little House announcing her new party!
Tweak It Tuesday!
As most of my followers know I'm a junker and I love to fit my finds into my home!
I decided to 'tweak' the 4th of July cubbies by adding a few Olympic items!
I added a few English items also!
Like this cute mini Union Jack teapot I won in a Giveaway back when Will & Kate got married
Atlanta hosted the 1996 Olympics and while I didn't attend any events I did get a few souvenirs like these golf balls and pin!
This is my favorite pin from the 1996 Games
I did get to see part of the torch run as it went through my town and several friends were torch bearers.  I even got to hold it for a moment...now where is that photo???  It was so exciting!
This is a commemorative envelope from the 1992 Summer Games in Barcelona.  My daughters gymnastics coach gave it to me as a thank you gift for all my help.  

So that's my 'TWEAK' today! 
Go on over to Brenda's and check out this new party!  I'm also joining one of favorite blog parties
Your Gonna Love It Tuesday! 

Go USA!!

Hugs,
Linda



21 comments:

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I like junking and decorating!

Chatty Crone said...

The Olympics was a great Tweak Linda - you had a lot of nice things there. sandie

Cozy Little House said...

I love the little Union Jack teapot! How cute! Thanks for joining my party!
Brenda

joanne said...

how fun, a tweaking party! I must go to Brendas and check it out. Love the sweet little tea pot..;j

sissie said...

Hi Linda,
What a great idea for your cubby display. I love the union jack teapot. As always, you have the cutest displays on your shelves.

hugs
Sissie

Sarah said...

Linda, what a clever idea to tweak this with some touches of Union Jack and Olympic memorabilia. Your cubbies are fun!

Zootsuitmama said...

cute! I love the fact that you decorate your little cubbies for different holidays and occasions! Like little mini celebrations!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

How fun that you got to witness the torch run! Cute pin:@)

Susan said...

Linda, you do good tweaking. I always enjoy your little cubbies!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Love the little teapot!

Debbie said...

Not only a fun idea for a party and one I'd like to visit for tweaking inspiration, but your Olympic and British tweaking looks great.

Pondside said...

I love your 'theme' collections. You do them so well and they are fun to see - but probably way more fun to put together.

Toodie said...

Wow, you got to hold the torch? How awesome is that! Love your collection!

the cape on the corner said...

those are fabulous tweaks! i would never think americana would segue into olympics, but you are so so right!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

You know I love a good partay! Thanks for sharing your sweet Olympic inspired cubby.

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Oh, look at all of your Olympic thingys! Love it. I need a little cubby like yours.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I was so happy for the new linky too! LOVE your English tea pot!!!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Linda,
What fun, A Tweaking Party! Sweet little finds in your cubby!
Love all your Christmas tablewear!
Great finds for a dollar! You find the deals! Thank you for leaving my BFF a message on her blog!! I deeply appreciate it!
Warmly,
deb

Susan said...

Hi Linda...You are a terrific tweaker. Everything looks great. Susan

Kathe said...

Love the union jack pot and the pins have great memories attached to them. You are the tweaking queen Linda :-) thanks for share at the party this week! Have a wonderful weekend :-)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the special touches you've added! What a great idea to celebrate the Olympics!