Saturday, January 8, 2011

A YEAR OF FAVORITE THINGS

I am doing one last review of my posts from 2010.   Last year saw me enter into some serious thrifting and junking.  I also enjoyed tablescaping and photos of my life.  These are some of my favorites from each month.


One of my favorites posts in January was one about my collection of birds
With these three stealing most of your hearts!
(mine too)

February saw Mr ALC and I take a trip to Tennessee and we ended up finding some fun and rusty treasures.  I found this great lantern 
And had a great time just taking photos
I love the colors of this tractor

March and my favorite post was the St Patricks Day Tablescape...It was one of my first tablescapes  and remains one of my favorites
She will be back this year I'm sure!

April saw lots of fun posts but my favorite had to be the get together with some of the Atlanta Bloggers for Tea
It was my first time having High Tea and it was so much fun!  I also got to know some of the ladies better and that was the best part!
It also saw the Azaleas in my yard in glorious bloom

May found me posting a lot!  I must say my favorite post this month was about Mother's Day.  My daughter Sara sent me flowers
Such a sweet surprise!

And my oldest daughter Ashleigh took me to the Home Opener of the WPS (Women's Professional Soccer) Atlanta Beat Soccer team
We had a wonderful time and in fact went to a couple more games together.  I'm sure the 2011 season will see us again.  
June, well you must know that turning the 
BIG SIX-O 
was the highlight of this month
I had a count down to the big day June 9th with six giveaways!  It was so much fun to give to you my friends!  You all surprised me with cards and gifts in the mail.  I never knew how much fun getting old could be!  
Mr ALC got me cute Princess cupcakes!


July was a really fun month for me! A big 4th of July party, lots of junkin and enjoying my deck garden.
This was one of my favorite photos taken with my new camera lens from Mr ALC

August can only mean one thing...
Worlds Longest Yard Sale
This trip is a highlight of my year
We always find so many goodies and this time I shopped for one of you!  Can't wait for WLYS 2011~

September's post
"The Bluebird of Happiness"
Is my favorite because I got to share with you the news that I am going to be a Grandma!

This is my beautiful daughter Sara
She is due in April! 

October's highlight was my trip to Texas to celebrate my Mom's 80th Birthday

She had a wonderful surprise when her brother flew in from California to surprise her! 

November was a good month for tablescaping and my favorite was my Thanksgiving table

And finally December and all the Christmas fun
Sweet Charlie under the tree

It's been a wonderful year!  
I'm joining Laurie for 
Thanks Laurie for hosting this always fun meme!


Don't forget to enter my followers giveaway

Happy Junkin,
Linda


34 comments:

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

A lovely review, Linda. Wonderful pics. Here's to another year!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like you had a wonderful year! Great pics and great fun:@)

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

That was fun to see your year in review! I remember a lot of these, it HAS been a good year. May this New Year be every bit as wonderful as the last!

Ann said...

I think 2010 was a great one for you! Hope 2011 is just as good. Nice to see the pictures since I have only been blogging since Sept. I missed all those!

Jojo said...

Thanks for taking us back through the year! Looking forward to more adventures with Linda in 2011!

De tout, de rien said...

You had a fantastic year! I predict that 2011 will be even better, when you get to hold that precious grandchild!

Polly said...

what a wonderful year! love that st pattys day tablescape!! you have successfully got me all geeked up for the worlds longest yard sale!!

Happy 2011 Linda!! May it be filled with as many wonderful memories for you as 2010!!

Suzanne said...

I love all the pics Linda...and I need to know more about the World's longest yard sale! Your girls and mom look as sweet as you:) Probably my favorite was the princess cupcakes from Mr. ALC...precious!!! One last thing...when you get time, could you tell me what kind of camera you have? Great photos!

Marigene said...

What a nice review...love the picture of you and your mother!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

All great posts. I love them. It was a really great year. Hugs, Marty

Susan said...

Oh, Linda. That was a great post. I remember a lot of the photos. SOoooooo nice to look back and remember. Your photography is SUPER! GREAAAAAAAT JOB! Susan

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Thanks for sharing your year in review. Looks like a good year for you.
Enjoy your weekend.

Rosie said...

You sure had a fun year, Linda. I'll bet 2011 is going to be spectacular with the birth of your grandbaby. What lovely ladies in your family!

Love of the Sea said...

Worlds largest yard sale looks like so much fun! I would love to do that some day.

GWENDOLYN KAY said...

A great look back on your year. I love the new look of your blog.
Blessings always~
Gwenny

Blondie's Journal said...

This is a great post, Linda, since I just started following you recently and missed them. I love all your pretty tablescapes and pictures of your flowers. And a Big Happy Milestone Birthday...I had one, too!

It was nice getting to know you better, sweet lady!

XO,
Jane

Julie Harward said...

I do love the little birds so much! And I have a lantern like that but mine has red glass in it, it looks so pretty with the light coming trough it! I remember all those posts..good job! :D

Diann said...

What fun year in review Linda! Lots of fun things took place. I enjoyed the walk down memory lane!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Fun pictures, Linda! Looks like it was a great year, and here's to another filled with family, fun, and treasure...

XO,

Sheila :-)

sissie said...

Hi Linda,
You have had a wonderful year and I'm so glad that you have shared it with me. I know this year will be even better with the arrival of your new grandbaby.

Keep on junkin girl, you are good at it!

hugs
Sissie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love your new banner !!!!
It was a good year and this year will be better, Grandma!!!
Enjoyed seeing your favorite things.
Happy Weekend.
WArmly,
deb :)

Pondside said...

It was a full year, Linda! I'm so glad to have met you and I hope we'll meet face to face one day....and perhaps hit a garage sale or two.

Pat Harris said...

I enjoyed your stroll down memory lane!! I love Charley. Have to admit I'm partial to the pet pictures. Thank you for visiting junkblossoms. I always get a big smile when I see your comment. Stay warm, Have a happy new year.

Olive Cooper said...

I have never actually known any one who went to the world's longest yard sale! You must tell me more! I want to go so badly but Joe is rightfully scared of what I might buy. You had a lovely year Linda (Grandma).

BECKY said...

Hey Linda! I don't remember when I "found" you and your blog, but I'm certainly happy that I did! And that Worlds' Longest Yard Sale thingy...well, you know I'm thrilled I won your contest and got the coolest items!! I think of you every time I look at or use any of those favorite treasures!!

Angie, Catladyland/Katt Food said...

What a fun post!! I love, love, love the little birdies at the top of the post. My daughter and I always ooh and ahh over chubby little birdies :)

You had a fantastic year, Linda! Here's to an even better one :)

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh, Linda! I was so tickled to see your header...I have tears in my eyes! I am so happy that you are enjoying your goodies! I love all of your favs! It has been a fun year! Hope you are warm and cozy today!...hugs...Debbie

Chatty Crone said...

Linda that was just awesome - and I remember all of them and have relived them with you - a lot of good memories Linda and smiles.

sandie

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

What a great idea to review the year in photos of some of your favorites! I really enjoyed seeing all of the photos, and I can't wait to see what you'll post this year! (I'm sure there will be a "few" photos of the new grandbaby!). Thank you for linking to Favorite Things. laurie

RAJEEV KUMAR KULSHRESTHA said...

I wish you Happy New 2011!
क्या कहने साहब ।
जबाब नहीं निसंदेह ।
यह एक प्रसंशनीय प्रस्तुति है ।
धन्यवाद ।
satguru-satykikhoj.blogspot.com

RAJEEV KUMAR KULSHRESTHA said...

I wish you Happy New 2011!
क्या कहने साहब ।
जबाब नहीं निसंदेह ।
यह एक प्रसंशनीय प्रस्तुति है ।
धन्यवाद ।
satguru-satykikhoj.blogspot.com

mrs. c said...

What a great way to review your year, through photos....what a wonderful way to save your memories. thanks so much for visiting my post! I am sitting at home because we have 8 inches of snow. Got lots of paperwork to catch up on.

Erin@likegrandmas said...

I read this and then sighed a happy smiling sigh...You had a great year, and I hope this year is just as good, but with a grandbaby, it'll be better:)

Dragonfly Treasure said...

What a wonderful year you had!

I wanted to thank you for your sweet comments and support. I know it will be very rough, but in the end better for us all.
*hugs*deb