Monday, March 15, 2010

YOU PAID WHAT FOR THESE?

I am joining Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for TODAY'S THRFTY TREASURES every Monday!  


So I was thrifting last week and I saw this basket of cats...I love cats so I bought this basket of cats...ceramic cats.  It was all taped together like GW likes to do so I could only sort of see what was in this basket.  Sometimes you win & sometimes you LOSE!
I thought I would take a chance...so I paid...I can't tell you how much, but more then I should have I'm sure! 
Some cute, some pink, some sleeping, some well not so cute
Salt & Pepper shakers that don't match
Some with interesting shapes and others who were dollar store creations I'm sure!
Some white cats
Some Black cats and some well, I guess they are cats!
These are marked Japan on the bottom
And these are the cats I saw in the basket that got me to buy them in the first place, they are cute aren't they??

This is my Mom's cat Sam...sleeping of course.

So, which one's do I keep and which one's go 'back' to the GW??
(Well except Sam of course he stays here with Mom)

Sigh.....not one of my 'better' buys.






On a happier note, Confessions of a Junkyard Cat is having a very cool giveaway.  Check it out HERE

Always,
Linda

13 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Linda....I had a feeling that you would still be blogging even from Texas...Glad I stopped by...I love the ring your Mom gave you...what a lovely thing to have...Keep up the fun and the thrift shopping,...be safe driving back home and I'll see you real soon..Sue.

Romeo said...

Hi Linda!

Well, at least you got the cats that really caught your eye! And there are some very cute ones in there, and they are CATS - so all is not lost, eh?

Thanks so much for posting about my giveaway!!

Have a great week Linda!

Romeo and "her"

Chickens in the Basement said...

Oh Linda, I think you got some really interesting kitties! The pink one with eyebrows is my favorite. The ones with sunken bellies are gum holders. Kids would sit them on their night stands to hold the gum through the night. The black ones remind me of the poodle and pups from the 50's. The Asian ones don't do much for me. They would get "re-homed".
Sam's a keeper!

Jessi said...

Great kitty cat finds! I recently posted about a vintage kitty from my grandmother. It sort of looks a bit like some in the stash you found and thought I'd share it with you:
http://yankeebellehome.blogspot.com/2010/03/useful-kitty-cat.html
Thanks for sharing your thrifty treasures!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

That is a lot of cats! :) Yes - I think I would hang on to the last one. :) Your ring is so pretty - what a treasure to have.

Vintage Remixed said...

Hi Linda,

Thanks for stopping by. Yes, were not to far from each other. Love the little kitten treasures you found. I've got a few stray cats that have taken up around here. No anyone that needs a cat or two? :-)

Chatty Crone said...

I thought all those cats were cute - but I think I know why you are thinking so much about cats these days.

How is your Charlie doing?

sandie

Susan said...

Awwwww, I think you got some cute ones, Linda! Meowwwwwwwwww Sincerely, susan

My name is PJ. said...

I do like the black cats. You'll figure out which go back...they'll be the ones you don't display in plain sight!

~~Carol~~ said...

Well, I don't know how much you paid, but I think whatever it was, it was worth it! They're all cute! When was the last time you saw kittens in a top hat? If you don't want to keep them, you can certainly send the pink or blue one this way! OR the kittens in the top hat!
Have a great day!
Carol

Merrie said...

There were some cute ones in there! I like the one scratching her little head, the white one sitting on the basket and the brown calico that looks like she has been caught causing some mischief!

Marla said...

Hi Linda, hey don't feel bad, I have done that before and then wondered why I did. I have taken some things back to the GW too. I am a cat lover too and would have had a hard time resisting, but I do like some of them. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment on my thrifty flatware. Blessings, Marla

Manuela@TPOH said...

Those are so cute! Goodwill does like to go heavy on the tape!

Manuela