Saturday, March 13, 2010

WELCOME TO TEXAS!!

I am here to tell you it is a long drive from Atlanta, GA to Houston, TX but it was fun!  I crossed the state line into Texas on Tuesday afternoon.  I was so excited after all these hours of  driving that I was at last in Texas! 

I stopped at the Texas Welcome Center.  The sun was shining and I was ready to stretch my legs, get a cup of coffee and gather up some info!   They had a deck out back and this was my first 'welcome to Texas'

 He wasn't all that friendly so I went in search of other more welcoming sights...
 This large metal sculpture was just beautiful to me...of course being a natural born Texan this great big ole Texas Star called to me!
  
 Beneath a big beautiful blue Texas sky...

And a beautiful Texas State flag...
This guy was friendly or just looking for a handout??
 Nevertheless It is good to be back in Texas
Now if I can just figure out all the things I want to see and do this trip!  I know I will have a wonderful time!
 SIGH....still two more hours of driving to my Mothers house...
TEXAS is a very large state...
(Got to my Mom's just fine and having a good time...will post more soon!!!) 
Always,
 Linda

13 comments:

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

I'm so glad you got there safe and sound, Linda! Love that huge star stuck in the ground...very texas chic! Don't forget, go to some antique & vintage fairs and give us loads of photos. Not that you want to spend your whole time uploading photos. We'll be happy to wait until you get home! ha!

Tell your mama I said Howdy!

Thanks so much for your visit and your sweet comments!

Have fun in the lone star!

Cheers!
Tina

My name is PJ. said...

I'm glad you're there, all safe and sound.

The lone star metal sculpture would look very nice in my yard. If you have room in your car....just sayin.... ;)

Susan said...

Whoa doggie, Linda. I didn't even know Texas had alligators. Thought those dudes hung around in Florida. I know you will have a super time! Sincerely, Susan

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Now that's a Texas Welcome from the swamps...aligator style! Gosh! we do grow em bigger in Texas...wonder what it's been eating! Sure nice to see all those Texas Stars! Hope you're having a great time in this Great State of Texas!

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

I'm happy to hear that you made it safe and sound. That's a heck of a star. I've only been to Texas a couple of times, but I really enjoyed it. Looks like you're going to have so much fun. I think the gator just wanted to be petted. lol.

~~Carol~~ said...

Linda, it looks like you're enjoying all that Texas has to offer! I hope you have great weather the whole time, and have a nice visit with your Mom!
Have a fun weekend!
Carol

Laura said...

Hi Linda-
I am so glad I found your blog this morning.
I am from South Texas- so a belated Welcome!

I enjoyed visiting,

Laura

Keetha Denise Broyles said...

I've never driven into Texas, and you just can't see that much of the state from an AIRPORT.

These pictures are so fun, makes me want to go for a visit!

Chatty Crone said...

I think you were pretty brave to do that drive by yourself. Very cool.

That alligator - did he want to meet you, great you, or eat you girl friend?!

Hope you are having a GREAT time with your mom and family.

Love,
Sandnie

Oliva said...

So glad to know you made it to sunny Texas! Love the huge star...but what is up with the alligator? Have a great time with your Mom!

Mimi said...

Happy to hear you made it safely, Linda. Have a great visit with your mother...hope you get to do some thrift shopping while there!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

You passed Louisiana Interstate 10 exit 80 and DID NOT STOP TO SEE ME?
How did that happen young lady? ;)

I'm glad you've made a safe trip so far...the weather is gorgeous and I hope you enjoy some time with your Mom!!!

(now when you pass back and see exit 80....you better think of me!)
;)

Jojo said...

When I first began reading the post, I thought you were headed out to meet up with Joni! Then I saw that you are going to your mom's. Have a safe trip.