Saturday, March 13, 2010

A THRIFTING I WILL GO....

Yes, I have thrifted already!  You don't really believe I could go tooo long without at least a pop-in visit to a thrift store, right?  After a fun dinner with my Aunt Betty, Cousin Karen and my Mom we stopped by the new Goodwill and I got lucky!  Nothing was really cheap...but I found a few things.  Now not all the goodies are from just the GW, I did make a stop on my way here and found a couple of things...hey a girl has to do what a girl has to do!  This is all the 'goodies' I have found since leaving home.

See, not to worry Linda has had her junk fix!
A Flamingo candle to join my collection $1
One hand painted napkin ring..couldn't resist the colors
A new egg cup and coddler
Egg cup is from Germany and I love the Roosters on it
The coddler is like one I already own but was a great find
A pretty candle stick 
Old powder box, top knob is broken, but I still like it
For $1 it's a bargain
Not sure if this is an egg cup or toothpick holder but it's old!
Cute little Birthday Girl age 8
Pink bunny tea light holder
& then my favorite find
Pink baby shoe planter!  This is just so adorable to me!

So I'm having a great visit with my family and still getting some thrifting in.  More next week as Mom and I find some new areas to explore. 

Just a note this post is my 94th!  I will be having a giveaway for my 100th post (next week I'm sure).  I am nearing 100 followers also and that is amazing to me that so many of you enjoy my blog.  I do this because I love it and thanks to all...love you guys too!

Always,
Linda

17 comments:

*°º¤♥-=|F®äñ|=-♥*°º¤ said...

♥WHT A LOVELY BLOG,I ENJOYED SO MUCH READ SUM OF THE POSTS,CONGRATS.A GREAT SATURDAY AND GOD BLESS♥

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Fun finds my fellow treasure hunter!!! I hope you find MANY more while visiting your Mom!!!
Can't wait to see what else will find it's way into your hands!
Warmly,
Deb :)

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

94 posts and 95 followers........You GO Linda...

So happy to see you're getting your thrifting fix... I LOVE that powder box. Sooo sweet.

Hugs,
Spencer

Susan said...

Hi Linda...The birthday girl is my fave. You're having so much fun. That is great. Take care and keep thrifting! Sincerely, Susan

Keetha Denise Broyles said...

I need me a little edy-ca-shun! I don't know what a "coddler" is - - - can you hep me out???

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

Oh, its so good to see that you're getting your fix fixed! Love the pink planter, the candle stick holder, and napkin ring. I hope you have a great time and get more goodies.

Nancy said...

Oh what glorious treasures! What fun! I am new to blogging, loved stopping in to see you!

Nancy's Notes

Chatty Crone said...

Glad to see you have your mom going out with you.

I even like the Flamingo candle - you have a collection of those don't you?

Like the pink baby shoes too.

sandie

sissie said...

Hi Linda,
You found some wonderful treasures.
Just love the pink baby shoe planter.

hugs
Sissie

Another's Treasure said...

I love the old powder box :) Have fun!

Amanda

isanotherstreasure.blogspot.com

Gracie Jewellery said...

You really cleaned up!. Like the napkin ring and love the rooster egg cup. Enjoy your visit with you mom.
Nancy

Annesphamily said...

You hit the jackpot! What beautiful fines!

Diann said...

I swear Linda, I am just going to send you some money so you can find me some egg cups and coddlers!! You seem to be able to find them EVERYWHERE!! I cannot find even one that is under a gazillion dollars!! And the ones you found are wonderful!

I am so loving the fact that you found a flamingo candle! LOL

And I would have had to buy that one lonely handpainted napkin ring as well! It is beautiful.

I am so glad you are having fun and visiting with our family! I can't wait to read about more adventures!

Diann said...

LOL....I can't believe I forgot the "y" in your and just apparently adopted your family by calling them "our"!! So, say Hi to the family for me......From long lost cousin Diann!! LOL

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You founds some nice treasures.
Sounds like you are enjoying your time with your family.

~~Carol~~ said...

Such cute finds, Linda! It's a good thing you drove instead of flying. You fill up that car, girl! Fill it up with treasures!!

Rebecca said...

Your thrifted goodies are so wonderful! I like the little amber glass....and the napkin ring! Oh, that would be fun to show each other--our napkin ring collections!

I'm looking forward to our vacation beginning after church, Easter Sunday. Thrifting always plays a big part of our travels!

Fun to visit you today, Linda!