Thursday, January 21, 2016

Pottery Finds!

My pottery collection is one of my favorites and back in the Fall I had some fun finds on Ebay!
This vase is so interesting!  I love the grey vase with the burgundy bird.  This McCoy piece was priced low and I was thrilled to add it to my collection! 

I've long wished for these next two items.  My friend and enabler Claudia (Mockingbird Hill Cottage) has a few of these on her piano and I always find my eye going to them.  Well I found two at separate times on Ebay and won them at low prices...happy dance!
The singing birds are just so sweet!
I love how these bookcase shelves turned out.

Claudia also has started sharing some of her Roseville pottery collection.  I thought the glazes were so pretty and that if I found a piece at a good price I might add it to my pottery collection.
While in Texas and waiting for someone to meet me at my brother's apartment, I saw a little antique store and stopped in.  These pretty Roseville candlesticks caught me eye and the price was $16 for the pair.  I believe it's the Apple Blossom pattern.
This piece was found on Ebay and no one else bid on it and so it came home to me.  I love the blue so much.  
This pattern is Water Lily, gorgeous!
Displayed together in the new secretary desk.

Pottery and Ebay can be addictive!  
I used some Christmas money to buy this beautiful piece.
This large console bowl in the Magnolia pattern.  Again an Ebay find that no one else bid on and I got for a great price (even with shipping).  I saw it listed for twice what I paid for it several times on Ebay.  (You all know I'm a bargain hunter right??)

So where am I putting all this new pottery?  
In the Secretary of course.
This is a work in progress.  Trying things out to see if I like how they are displayed and continuing to play with arrangements.  I love having another place to display my pottery.
With the doors closed
Pottery has long been a favorite collection and it's fun to see it growing with really special pieces.

Wishing you JOY,

Linda

29 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

What a lovely collection you are building. Claudia has been an inspiration by sharing her collection.
Joy

Ron said...

A great collection, Linda!

Maureen Wyatt said...

What a nice collection of American pottery you are building. I lean toward Majolica but those darling birds could tempt me to branch out.

20 North Ora said...

Hi Linda - Am drooling over the McCoy pieces! Love the Roseville too. That Claudia is a bad influence!! LOL

Judy

Lynn said...

Glad you could find some pieces you love-enjoy:@)

Claudia said...

I'm so excited for you! You found some beautiful pieces! I'm warning you...once you've started on Roseville, it will be hard to stop, my friend! I can only stay away so long and then I'm right back on eBay. I've noticed that certain sellers set such a high price for items - I bet they're looking at older price books that reflect the high prices Roseville used to go for. Nothing better than winning a great piece, especially if you're the only bidder! Yahoo for you!

xo
Claudia

Rose L said...

It is always great to find new pieces to add to a collection. I like to collect unique perfume bottles, preferably old ones, and enjoy when I make a discovery that is a deal.

Marigene said...

You have a nice pottery collection, Linda. Those candlesticks are gorgeous.

Susan said...

Oh Linda, the lovely pieces in your new hutch look fabulous. So happy you found some great new treasures and shared them with us! Susan

Kathe said...

A beautiful collection Linda! Isn't it fun to find the pieces you want at bargain prices?

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh my Linda, I am loving your collection. Ah Roseville. I have a small (smallish?) Pottery collection myself. I just love the look of the vintage glazes, shiny and matte. Your gorgeous pottery deserved a special display space and it looks amazing in your new secretary. The new birds are great too, especially the McCoy vase.

Keep enjoying changing it around, that is half the fun! :)

bj said...

O, what gorgeous pieces, Linda...I think our love of the collections we have keeps us happy...
and that's a good thing.
xoxo

Diana Petrillo said...

Your new pieces are stunning Linda, and I LOVE your new secretary. I think you got your Roseville for a steal and I'm a little bit jealous :) We'd love it if you'd come link up your finds at Vintage Charm sometime--we're open until Monday 8 am!

Art and Sand said...

Everything is lovely, but the candlesticks and the vase are my favorite because of the gorgeous flowers and color scheme.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

I love those birds - they are so sweet!
Liz

Simple and serene living Laura Walker said...

You are really amassing a wonderful collection, Linda. Thanks so much for sharing. xo Laura

Melanie said...

Your pottery collection is just beautiful! I especially love the gray vase with the bird in it and the singing birds. I always admired those on Claudia's piano.

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Oh, you're acquiring some really pretty pieces! I love those little birds too! The pottery is so pretty. Wish I had started collecting that years ago. Thank you for your prayers.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

$16 for the Roseville candlesticks? What a deal! Love how you're displaying all your treasures .

Mereknits said...

My sister is an enabler!!!! I love your pottery Linda,
Meredith

Mary Keels said...

The glaze color on the Roseville Pottery is so very pretty. I love that color! I like your sweet little singing birds too. Always enjoy seeing your finds!

Donna said...

I love Roseville too Linda, and you really lucked out with your pieces! My mom gave me a gorgeous vase with the water lily design on it, that was a wedding gift to her and my dad back in the 40's. Enjoy your collections!!

Oliva Ohlson said...

The bird vase is so unique and beautiful!!! This is the first time I've seen one just like it! BTW...I have secretary desk envy!!! I love it!!! It's a great find!!!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

You have such a pretty collection Linda! Happy New Year! I hope all is well with you. It seems like a long time since we last spoke. I was thinking of you and wanted to say hi. I loved my ornaments you made and gave me. Take care.
Julie xo

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

LOVE your Roseville collection!!! Awesome candle stick holders!! everything you have displayed in your new Secretary is lovely!!! I know you're thrilled and I bet Linda, you smile every time you look at it!!!

Vicky Hunt said...

They are all beautiful! That first piece if so unique! Yur candy dish in the secretary caught my eye. Does it have a bee and bee hive design on it? I have the exact same one but mine is just plain frosted glass. It belonged to my Granny Valentine. I just love it! Hope you have a beautiful week my friend!

Hugs, Vicky

Vicky Hunt said...

I have been meaning to tell you that you are still showing up as no reply. I know it's aggravating! I took Chel's advice on Sweetbriar Dreams and haven't had it happen since. You might want to check it out. http://sweetbriardreams.blogspot.com/search?q=no+reply+blogger#.VqWRFyorKM8

Hugs, Vicky

Rue said...

Great finds, Linda and your new secretary is beautiful. Congratulations on fulfilling a dream of yours :)

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your brother, but I'm glad you were able to be with him in his final days. I'll say a pray for all of you, my friend.

(((hugs)))
rue

Hartwood Roses said...

Linda, I have the exact same frog and water lily dish that you have in your cubbie! What a coincidence.