Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Junkin Awards 2015

This is one of my favorite posts to write.  It is fun to look back and see what thrifty finds made me happy this past year.

Favorite Find in Green
This was an exciting find at Goodwill this year.  A Bordallo Pinheiro cabbage tureen for only $4.99.  I have fallen in love with this pattern from my friend Marigene's blog and to find this piece set off a (bargain) buying spree on Ebay I haven't shared yet but will soon.

Favorite Find in Red
I love this coffee mug and in fact I am drinking coffee from it as I write this post!  Found at a thrift store for .59 it is now a favorite mug.

Favorite Find in Blue
This beautiful bowl made by Federal glass was $3 and the blue bottle was .25 and both really made my day when I found them at a local thrift shop.

Favorite Find in Pink
Always a hard category to choose just one, this beautiful depression glass tray won hands down this year and only $2.99. 

Favorite Find in White
This McCoy pottery planter was a great find at $5 and really encouraged me to look for more pottery this year.

Favorite Find in Plates
Another Bordallo Pinheiro find this Lemon Leaf plate was only $1 and it is gorgeous!!

Favorite Find in Milk Glass
I still love my milk glass, but seldom find anything that I want to add to my collection.  This year I found these two pieces.  A plate and a little dish with the green inside.  The prices were so low I can't even tell you how much (under $1 for both).

Favorite Finds for Tiger/Scout
I found books, a shape sorter for Scout and these action figures for Tiger.  All were hits and most ended up at their house! 

Favorite Find in Pottery
This green planter for $1 found at the Habitat for Humanity thrift store, really made me happy.  I love the glaze on it and the unusual depth of the planter! 

Favorite Find Paris
As you know I didn't go to Paris again, but my eyes always are looking for Paris items.  This year I found a few new things but my favorite...
This photo of benches in front of the Eiffel Tower
It was only $1.99 and is going to be part of a gallery wall I am working on. 

Categories I'm retiring are:
Pyrex~I sold most of my collection this year, keeping only the pieces I love the most.

WLYS~I haven't gone to the World's Longest Yard Sale in a couple of years now so unless I hit the sale in 2016, this category is retired.

I hope you enjoyed my Junkin Awards.   I am downsizing a great deal now but I still enjoy finding those special little things for bargain prices! 

Wishing you JOY,

Linda

Linking with

Share Your Cup 

25 comments:

Terra said...

Your cabbage tureen is a work of art and the green plate.

Chatty Crone said...

I love the cabbage tureen and the Lemon Leaf plate. Next I like the pink. Oh yeah the toys are great - lol. I also like the Paris photo! Good work!

Marigene said...

You found great BP pieces, did the ceramic spoon come with. I really like the blue bottle and that planter.
It still amazes me what can be found at thrift stores!

Lynn said...

You found some fun things Linda, lovin' the Paris pic:@)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Some amazing finds just saying but I think you know that

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love how you've sorted your favorites by color. It's always fun to take a look back at the goodies we found!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I don't go thrifting as much any more but it sure is fun to hunt for treasures. And it's an inexpensive way to shop too. I love that pink depression glass. It's become so rare. Hugs to you Sis, Diane

Rose L said...

I love the blue. My mom used to have a whole set of milk glass dishes like that one you found. Not sure she still does.

Sarah said...

Linda, I'm doing the same, but still love the thrill of the hunt. I'll always be adding something because I'm a collector at heart. ;-)
Have a great 2016.

Consider It All Joy said...

Downsizing is a good thing for many of us, Linda! I need to do more of that myself. But I do love some of your favorite finds of 2015. Wishing you great junkin' in 2016, but only the Best!! Blessings, Cindy

Rita C. said...

Great post, Linda. I love the tureen and lemon plate! I have my mother's green depression tidbit that is styled exactly like your pink one. I want to downsize, and am really going to try to put the curb on buying this year and focus instead on stocking our booth spaces with existing items I already have.

Jill said...

What a fun post!!! You found some beauties, Linda!

I don't feel like I found too many great things at the thrifts this year, things that I need or like are few and far between!!!!

I'm going tomorrow, maybe I'll come home with something wonderful! Hah!!!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Loving all your great finds Linda! But...the cabbage turreen and pink glass depression dish are fabulous! Lucky you. :)

Stacey said...

Great finds, Linda. You know what..I have a couple of those Bordallo plates that I'd be happy to send you if you are decorating with them. I had them hanging on the wall at our last house but the ceiling is so high in this house that I just don't seem to be able to find a great spot for them. :)

Vicky Hunt said...

I can see why these made the favorites! I love the green leafy bowl and plate! Gorgeous! They would be beautiful at Easter. Thanks for sharing your fun finds! Hope 2016 is treating you well so far!

Hugs, Vicky

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Oh, just look at you - more wonderful finds! You really found some pretty things. That pink depression glass sandwich tray is gorgeous! Have I said Happy New Year?
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Audrey said...

I love the green pottery too. That leaf bowl is so pretty. I saw one at Goodwill and passed it up. Ugh !!!

Stephanie said...

What a delightful post, Linda. You found some wonderful and beautiful items in 2015.

Have a blessed day! Hugs!

Mereknits said...

Very fun finds. I have those books for Little Buddy and he loves them.
Hugs,
Meredith

Art and Sand said...

I am visiting today to thank you for Sharing Your Cup, but I could have sworn I already left a comment. I remember talking about the Tupperware toy because I had that same toy for my son 35 years ago.

Sylvia said...

Linda, I love the lemon leaf plate!! Thanks for your year in review! Sylvia D.

Donna Wilkes said...

I love your junk awards! My favorite is the tall green planter with the drip glaze on it.

Shelia said...

Hope you've had a good week, Linda and a good weekend. Take care my friend.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Susan said...

Hi Linda. Happy New Year to you! Hope all is well with all the family, including your Mom. Hope the new year brings GOOD things to all of you. Thanks for your visit and commenting, too. Susan

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

What a great idea for a blog post review! And what great treasures you found! I love all of them and can't even pick a favorite!