Monday, January 25, 2016

Simplify #3

Not much 'simplifying' happening this week.  This nasty head cold knocked me for a loop. So there has been more reading, TV/Movie watching and sneezing then going through my stuff.
This is the thrift store pile waiting by the door for me to feel like loading it up taking to the store.  I will be glad when it is gone.

I did start going through boxes of paperwork, sorting and recycling.  Paperwork can pile up so fast its always a big job.  Maybe I can start doing it monthly so things don't pile up so much.

I have a few new items I've bought to spruce up my living room space.  I showed you this chair in my car, but here it is in my home!
I found this great chair at the thrift store and it is exactly what I've been looking for.  Small scale, nice neutral fabric, in great shape and it rocks and swivels!  It is in great shape, clean and only $35!
My blog friend Marigene saw this pillow on a website and sent me the link.  I knew I wanted it but pillows can be pretty pricey.  I found it on Amazon and it is a pillow cover and under $7.  How cute is that!! 
This one by the same company is perfect on my couch.  I have a love of Flamingo's and Dragonflies!  Amazon had lots of pillow covers at really low prices so it's now my go to place for them!  You can store covers so much easier then the complete pillow and just change them out for seasons or a new look!

This is my bedside table with my new diffuser.  It has helped with my cold so much.  Sara uses essential oils and brought me some to use and it has really helped my cold.  I am a believer for sure.

 Charlie is doing well.  He is eating a little better now but still super thin.  He is really enjoying laying on his towel in front of the window in the sun!  Warms those old bones I think.

Scout turned 9 mos old and is really starting to 'talk'.  She says Mama, Da, Tig and Gma!  She is such a sweet and happy little girl. 
Tiger is growing so fast!  He is going to be a tall kid for sure.  He really enjoys using his Lego's to create fun games! 

Not much else to share.
I am looking forward to getting well and getting out of the house soon! 

Wishing you JOY,

Linda



25 comments:

Terra Hangen said...

I like your chair and the two pillow covers. It is always refreshing to take things to the thrift shop as part of decluttering.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

I had a similar cold and its 2+ weeks and I am still not finished with it. Sure slowed down my 'to do's' this month. Glad your getting close to the end of your nasty cold. Loved seeing Scout and Tiger. Great chair find and love your new cushion covers, they look like water colours. So much less storage space used up by just changing out the covers. Hugs.
Joy

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Hope you feel better soon, Linda! You have such adorable grandchildren!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I've read that a couple other blogging friends are under the weather...hoping you feel better soon! Those sweet little grands are growing so quickly! I have a few bags to go to the thrift store on Wednesday.
Take care.
warmly,
deb

p.s. I like to lay in the sun too, just like your kitty :)

Vicky Hunt said...

Sorry you've been under the weather again Linda. But, I do hope you got some good rest. Looks like a nice size donate pile! Those grands are growing like weeds and cuter than ever! Charlie does look thin. I think that is natural as they age. My Sugar was very thin her last 2-3 years. SHe loved to sun too...:) I hope the old boy gets a little pep back in his step soon. Sending hugs your way!

Blessings Vicky

Donna said...

Sorry you are under the weather, Linda! Feel better soon! I love your dragonfly pillow! It's gorgeous! Your grands are so cute and growing so fast!

Art and Sand said...

How great is that chair!

Scarlett is looking so big.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Wow Linda, score on that chair! I love the pillow covers also, easy for a switch in décor. I have a few made from vintage tablecloths. Sorry you are still ill. I've had it too and every time I think it is almost gone it seems to come back, yuck.

Sweet new photos of the grands. They are more than adorable. Sweet Charlie. I had a cat who did that too, even in the heat of summer.

You are doing great on the clean out...take it easy while getting well. :)

Susan said...

Your granddaughter is adorable! And you are my roll model for bargain hunting! Get well, my friend. I had that same head cold when I returned from seeing my grandchildren at Christmas:-( XOXO

Shelia said...

Hi Linda, I do hope you're feeling better now. You've been busy anyway, decluttering. Wish I could do that! Love your chair and your pillow covers! So cute! Those grands are just adorable and glad little Charlie is doing better.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Marigene said...

Hope you hurry up and kick that bug you have been plagued with...and hope Charlie feels better, too.
You really are an inspiration to all...I have decided to clean out my dishes in the garage as soon as it is warm enough to work out there. It is time for someone to enjoy them!
The grands are growing like weeds, I can't believe Scout is months old already!
Cheer up, spring is just around the corner...

bj said...

what a great buy on that good chair...love the pillows, too. yes, i finally learned to buy just the pillow covers...it takes a lot of room to store pillows. Your two grands are beyond cute...so precious.

Marigene said...

I forgot to comment on the pillow covers...they are awesome!

Chatty Crone said...

Isn't this your second cold? You need to stay warm and get well. I love to clean up stuff Linda - my problem is I just tend to fill it right back up. The kids are adorable as usual. Hope you feel better.

zAzA said...

Take care of yourself. Colds are pretty yukky -- altho they do give us a chance to rest up. You have to be well to get back to enjoying those adorable G Kids.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Hope you're feeling back to 100% soon, Linda. Just one look at Tiger and Scout is enough to make anyone feel better.

Kathe said...

I know that cold knocked you for a loop but happy to hear you are on the mend :-) I am a big fan of the Amazon pillow covers too! So inexpensive! I got some Christmas ones and I just received my Spring pillow cover order! You are so right, so much easier to store. I cannot believe how big Tiger & Scout are getting! Slow down wee ones! Max loves to warm his bones too. Give Charlie an ear scratch from me :-)

Nellie said...

Sending you healthy vibes! Colds are no fun at all! xo Nellie

Rose L said...

Do hope you feel much better. I always drink hot water with honey in it and use tea with honey. At least 2 tablespoons should be used. Honey is so good for healing. Drinking lemonade is good, as well as chicken broth with buttered saltines. Oh, and suck on lemon drops! Am I sounding like a mother?

Pondside said...

Good for you, Linda! Sorting and simplifying can be a challenge!
Your two sweet grandchildren are lovely. I can see that Scout has her big brother's gorgeous eyes.

Mereknits said...

Your babies are getting os big! Hope you feel better Linda,
Meredith

Susan said...

Sorry about the head cold,Linda. Those are not pleasant. The baby is getting big! She's darling. Tiger, too. Susan

Rue said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick. Hopefully you'll feel better soon.

Your grandchildren are adorable :)

Funny... I know I left a comment on your last post, but it isn't there. Anyway, I love that new secretary of your. Congratulations on fulfilling a dream :)

xoxo,
rue

Consider It All Joy said...

I just realized today that I placed 4 boxes of items to go to the goodwill in my car about three weeks ago and they are still there. Need to make that a priority tomorrow, so I can load it up again. Sure do love letting things go. Sorry you have been ill, praying you begin to feel better and get out soon. Blessings, Cindy

Melanie said...

I am so sorry you've been sick. I love my diffuser, too. Have it going all the time with essential oils.
You got a great deal on that chair and I love your new pillow covers. I didn't know amazon had them, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. They carry everything!
Ugh, paperwork. That's one thing I really need to work on. I can blame it on my husband...he's the paper packrat!