Friday, January 1, 2016

Goodbye 2015

2015 was a year of mixed emotions for me.

The birth of my second grandchild was such a joyous occasion...we are all in love with her!
Watching her grow and seeing her with her big brother brought many smiles this year.
Having my Mom living here is wonderful.  We've had a few ups and down's with her health, but she is doing really well right now.  I am so blessed to have her close by to share in my life.

This year found me downsizing more and more.  Of course I found some new things to collect!
I fell even more in love with McCoy pottery and was able to add several pieces to my collection.

I also tried some art projects 
and did some pocket letter swaps!  
I also continued to thrift shop and will do a post soon with my favorite finds of 2015.

So much JOY was tempered by the illness and passing away of my brother on Dec 23rd.  It was such a difficult time that I have not recovered from it yet.  It takes awhile to get your energy back and I don't think I'm done with the mourning process.   My Mom is doing pretty well but it doesn't take much for either of us to cry. 
His smile and that twinkle in his eye will always be in my heart!

I had some amazing times with my crazy group of friends this year.
The 'come as your favorite Barbie doll' party
Our trip to the Biltmore Estate to see the Downton Abbey costume exhibit was so much fun
Including our crazy shenanigans wherever we go!
Our Christmas party this year was full of good cheer and great food.  Friendship means so much!

Of course my Grands are the light of my life!
Having two just made my heart grow larger!
The laughter this little guy brings into my life is always so much fun!  Lots of hugs and kisses also!
Watching this little one grow and learn so much has been a wonderful adventure!
I can't wait to see what the new year brings with these two loves in my life! 

I also am so happy to have had special time with both of my daughters this year.
Sara is a wonderful Mom and takes such amazing care of Tiger and Scout.  She also works full time and makes sure she is there for me when I need her.
I love Sara, Blake, Tiger and Rosemary Scout so very much!

I was able to see Ashleigh several times this year.
I am always happy to have time with her and this year she made a special trip to Texas to be with me when my brother passed away.  
Her presence, love and support helped me deal with all of it. 

Of course I can't forget Charlie Kitty.
He turned 17 and age has started to really take its toll on him.  He gave me a scare a few weeks ago but seems to be OK.  I treasure every day I have with this sweet guy.

So much Joy and Sadness this year.
I am looking forward to 2016 and hoping it brings only good things! 

Linda

22 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

I'm so terribly sorry at the loss of your dear brother - my heart goes out to you. I truly hope you can find peace in the brand new year - xo

Chatty Crone said...

You have had such a year - it was really all great until the end - I am so sorry about your brother. I hope you have a great 2016. Sandie

Ron said...

Happy New Year, Linda. xoxo

mrs. c said...

Thanks for sharing the ups and downs of your life with us, It has been a year to remember! I am so glad that your mom has moved closer to you, the wonderful grands, your terrific daughters, and your artistic creations that have been the positive parts of your year. You will grieve this year for your brother, remember the good things and focus on them. May 2016 be a special year for you.

Terra said...

How sad to lose your dear brother so recently, and yet on the other hand to have the balance of people to love, including your two grandkids. Have a great 2015.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Your grands are such a blessing! A New Year with new adventures and I hope way more JOY and Happiness!
Happy New Year.
warmly,
deb

Sarah said...

Stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year, Linda. It has definitely been a year of highs and lows for you. Lots of emotion tugging at your heart. I'm glad you have your wonderful daughters and grands to help you and your mom as you deal with the loss of your brother.
Here's to a wonderful year ahead!

Vicky Hunt said...

Hello from Frankfurt, Germany my sweet friend! I'm waiting for my connecting flight home and decided to pass the time by reading blogs. Your post was heartfelt and very touching. I pray you feel back to your normal self soon and the tears over losing your dear brother will be replaced with sweet memories that bring smiles. Have a blessed day my friend. I must say I will be oh so glad to get home. I'm not looking forward to this 10 hour flight! Hugs, Vicky

Lynn said...

I wish you a very Happy 2016 Linda-take care:@)

Mereknits said...

A big year filled with Joy and loss, I hope that 2016 is much easier, I think 2015 left many of us reeling and now we deserve some peace. Grief is so hard my friend, take good care of yourself and just let the emotions come when they need to.
Hugs to you and Happy 2016!
Meredith

Jojo said...

Happy new year. While 2015 ended on a very sad note with the loss of your brother, may all the love of family and friends that surrounds you bring you great comfort.

One thing I've learned from grief caused by losing a loved one is that it gives you a special gift to bring comfort to others. May you be wrapped in love that continues to be shared. Thinking of you.

Cheri said...

What a wonderful account of 2015 for you, thanks for sharing, Linda. May 2016 be a better year.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Heartache and Joy...our years are always filled with both. I enjoyed reading your heartfelt post Linda. Happy New Year!

Laura said...

I know exactly how you feel
The joys throughout the year are such a blessing-
yet the heartache is there as well.

I lost my father in November, and nothing feels familiar as yet.

I am trying-
and our grandsons fill so many gaos.
Your family is precious.

Thank you for this thoughtful post.

Happy New Year!

Laura
White Spray Paint

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Precious and sad moments too. I wish the Very Best for 2016

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a year it's been with so many ups and downs. Wishing you and your family nothing but the best in 2016. You are truly blessed to have such a beautiful and supportive family, Linda.

Cozy Little House said...

I guess that sums up life. Happiness and sadness all mixed together.
Brenda

Audrey said...

Linda ... so hard to loose loved ones ... just remember the good times. This year has been a real challenge ... sadness and blessings for you, but that is how life is sometimes. Your grand babies fill you heart with joy and having your Mom near is a blessing for her and you too. May the new year hold much happiness and blessings.
Hugs,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Art and Sand said...

I know losing your brother was difficult. You have so much love in your heart and you spread it to everyone you meet and come into "virtual" contact.

Have a wonderful 2016!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So glad you have your family around you...those are the best times of the year. I know you will miss your brother, and I'm sure you are a comfort to your mother, too. Wishing you a creative, love-filled 2016!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Linda,
Thanks for sharing your year in review. I'm so happy that you have your wonderful family and friends to share the good and the bad times that comes our way. I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother.

Have a wonderful New Year my sweet friend and kisses to Charlie.

hugs,
Sissie

svelteSTUFF said...

OH sweet Linda - you have a beautiful blog that we enjoy so much, yes 2015 had it's highs and lows, but being the resilient things that we are, we spring back ~ stronger than ever - Keep that smile in your heart and HAPPY 2016!!