Tuesday, October 4, 2011

NAPA VALLEY WINERIES~DAY TWO

If you missed my day one post about my visit to the Napa Valley wineries
you can read it here!
Day two we decided to try some of the wineries on the Silverado Trail.
Our first stop was a small family owned winery
We were the only one's there and had a great host who explained a lot about the wines.  They are known for their reds and they were pretty good
Again we used a 2 for 1 tasting coupon
This was the drive up to our next tasting at
This was the most fun I had at a tasting!
The hosts were friendly and fun and the wines were very good!
A very cute little tasting room...
  I found another white wine I love!
I can order on line and I just might!
I had just tried a very nice red
We were laughing that Ash's hair was the same color as the grapes!  
It was bright and sunny as you can see!
The view as we left this really great winery
We had a free wine tasting coupon here. I would recommend this as a stop for anyone going to Napa Valley

Next stop was
Black Stallion Winery  
I enjoyed this winery for the great exhibit they had of the different grapes used in wine making
These signs were in front of each row of the grape varieties
Chardonnay....the heat had made these a little beyond their prime
Beautiful Zinfandel
A lovely deep purple grape
Sauvignon Blanc
These looked very ripe!



Riesling is my favorite wine
Lovely sweet grapes
Here I am eating one of these yummy grapes

We had a great time!  The tasting was nice but I was not in love with any of their wines.  
Our last stop of the day was
Ceja Vineyards
We went to their tasting room in downtown Napa
(photo from their web site)
We had a lot of fun tasting their wines and found a few we really enjoyed.  I liked their Rose and so did Ashleigh.  We finished off with a taste of their amazing Cabernet Chocolate Sauce


Tasting NotesRich and seductive, this liqueur was made from our Cabernet Sauvignon and creamy Dutch Chocolate. Pour it over ice cream or use like a desert sauce. Or just eat it off a spoon. Dribble over ripe bananas or big juicy strawberries. Or how about a dollop in your morning coffee? Either way you decide to use this sexy potion you're bound to have a great time!
Production NotesMade by Anette's Chocolate Factory located in Napa.It was very sweet and amazing and I can just taste it on icecream!  Oh my!So ended our wonderful time in Napa Valley!
Cheers,Linda

11 comments:

Susan said...

Linda, what a friendly face you have! It looks like you guys had a great time.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Linda,
Looks like a fun time was had!!! Beautiful pics.

Blessings,
Linda

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like a great time Linda, all of the vineyards are so pretty! Glad you found a few that you like:@)

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

You should have sent me a postcard that said "Wish you were here!" because I sure wish I'd been with you. I love wine tastings and that last chocolate one sounds just gorgeous.

DearHelenHartman said...

In total AWE. What a lovely place and you look like you are having a blast in every photo (and I don't mean a blast of wine!)

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

You look like you're having sooo much fun! Gorgeous architecture and vineyards!

De tout, de rien said...

Thanks for sharing this. Love wine tasting. The Napa Valley is on my bucket list. And that Cab chocolate sauce sounds out of this world!

shannon i olson said...

oh my goodness, I am so jealous. I am going to check the first post too. My husband just went to see his mother and got to visit a winery in Walla Walla WA. I as of yet have not, well not a real vineyard anyway. I too love Reislings my fav is St Gabriel (German) spatlase. I would love to try this chocolate Cab!!!

Vintage Christine said...

I lived in San Francisco for many years and as soon as I bought a car (you really don't need one if you live in the city) I'd go up to Napa/Sonoma to visit the wineries. I always preferred the Sonoma route more since back then it was far less congested and the wineries were more laid back. I can SERIOUSLY remember getting pretty tipsy on the generous FREE tastings. Yes, FREE! I have never paid a penny to taste wine, so I wonder how long ago that started--I haven't been there for 5 or 6 years, though. I ADORE your daughter's hair!!!!!!!

Chatty Crone said...

Well girl - I know you had a great time - from just being with your daughter to all the things you got to do.

My son and his wife have been to the vineyards there and loved it too.

So many happy stops - that last one with the chocolate got my eye.

Love,
sandie

Scarlett said...

Looks like you had a fab time, and look at you pinching the grapes ;o) Scarlett x