Saturday, October 1, 2011

HANGING ON TO THE LAST DAYS OF SUMMER

I know it's Fall...really I do, but here in Georgia September always feels like the last days of summer to me.  
This table was set for Charlie's Cat Mitzvah party
before I left for California 
I wanted to join Diann's Thrifty Tablescape Party today so decided to take these bones and make this
I started with these tan place mats found for $1 each 
These adorable fish plates were a gift from Diann and I layered them with plates I found on clearance at Marshall's $2 each
I love these napkins and found them on clearance at Kohl's for pennies!  I have a matching tablecloth also.  Napkin rings were a thrift store find.
These shell shaped dishes were also a thrift store find for .50 each, I love that color
I used my bronze handled flatware that I found at a thrift and have used many times
A thrifty brown stemmed wine glass
and the place setting is complete
Simple but appealing I think!  I love how the blues and browns work together
Now for a centerpiece?  I put it together on the table and liked it but added another place mat under it to ground it a bit more
Staying with the browns and blues I choose a Ball jar, shells, blue tealight and a great beaded candle holder to group together
My Hydrangea tree has finished blooming and as they age the flowers become, green, then pinkish and then brown.  
These are the only flowers in my yard right now so I went with them and I'm going to continue to let them dry and age
 Candlelight adds such a nice glow even in the daylight
 (before the place mat...I like it better with the place mat)
Everything on this table was clearance, thrifted or a gift.  

Please visit Diann at The Thrifty Groove for her 
It is so much fun to set a beautiful but thrifty table!

Cheers,
Linda

29 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Love those cute fish plates and the pretty napkins Linda! Great colors:@)

Susan said...

Linda your table scape is beautiful. I love the beachie theme.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Well, Madonna might turn up her nose at hydrangeas, but I think they're great and yours are beautiful! Love the way they complement your tablescape!!!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Hi Linda! Thanks for leaving such sweet comments on my Dollar Tree table that I showed on Diann's Thrifty Tablescapes. The table was fun to create! You just never know what you'll find when you go there! I just go in with an open mind and let the ideas flow. Looks like you scored some real deals on this table, as well. It looks great!

Barbara F. said...

Great tablescape, Linda! Love the beachy colors. xo,

Marigene said...

Love the fish plates...I keep looking for some while out thrifting but haven't found a set of 4, yet! I know they will show up one day...
Your hydrangeas are gorgeous.

cj Schlottman said...

I have several fish plates, myself, and I love them. This tablescape of blues and browns is an invitation to a magnificent meal Love it!

Namaste.................cj

Chatty Crone said...

I have to say that I love those fish plates. How cute.

Charlie's Cat Mitzvah party? He is 13?

sandie

~~Carol~~ said...

That table is a beautiful way to celebrate the last days of summer, Linda! It's windy and in the 50s here today, but it's supposed to get back into the 70s next week. I'm so glad, because I love to be outside!

Nancy's Notes said...

Linda, that is such an adorable tablescape, you do know how to put together a setting for Charlie's Cat Mitzvah party! You are one fun lady!

Gina said...

So pretty & so darn clever! Nice job Linda.

SavannahGranny said...

I so love your thrifty table. I know you, you are wanting to hang on to that California beachy vacation. Those little fish plates are just fab. Hugs, Ginger

sissie said...

Hi Linda,
I love the colors you are using in your table setting and those little fish plates are adorable.

hugs
Sissie

trumatter said...

This looks lovely Linda... the tablescape! Love the fish plate and the color tone you've used :)

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog earlier.

Love, Rukmini@Trumatter

bj said...

Well, lady....you did a really pretty table for not much moola....Love it.
xoxo bj

Jojo said...

That is a beautiful post and I'm like you, I like the warmer days and want to hang on to the last little bit of summer!!! Waking up to 46 degrees was a shocker this a.m. I don't think I'm quite ready for it.

Catherine said...

What a sweet table setting! And the fact that it was all 'thrifty' makes it even more of a delight!!

xo Catherine

outjunking said...

The place in the center I agree, it was just the perfect back ground for your center piece. And I do like those browns and blues together.
Lisa

Grammy Goodwill said...

What pretty colors you used. I esp like the fish plates. Our Kohls just opened last week. I can't wait until it's been here long enough to have clearance items. I loved finding their bargains where I used to live.

Ames said...

Love this!I'll miss Summer but so looking forward to cooler weather.~Ames

trumatter said...

So cute. So very very cute!!!

zaza said...

Thanks for joining me!! I look forward to following you as well! Terrific pics!!

Diann said...

What a perfect "Charlie table"! Oh geez, I totally forgot about those fish plates. I have some somewhere too. LOL We are having Fall-like weather but, I still have summer tablescapes I want to do. Oh well, so little time! this is a fun and clean table Linda. I like the blues and browns together. thank you so much for joining TT and I hope you have got some rest since your trip!

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

Oh Charlie had a great day and a wonderful table. I love the hydrangeas in the mason jar.

Leah said...

Beautiful! I love the color combos. :)

Leah said...

Beautiful! I love the color combos. :)

missing moments said...

Awesome and so creative! I also love the browns and blues together.

Cozy Little House said...

I especially love the flatware and the goblets! So pretty!
Brenda

Kathe said...

What a wonderful gift the fish plates were! I *heart* the plate under them! So different. Charlie is one lucky kitty to have such a celebration table set up!