Thursday, September 1, 2011

HAPPY THRIFTY FINDS

I can't believe it is the first day of September already!  Where did August go?  Still I must admit to being ready for a bit of fall weather.

I stopped by 2 thrifts today and only found a couple of items of interest
I was so happy to find these serving spoons.  They are heavy melamine and made by Zak Designs.  Great for outdoor entertaining
With my Senior discount they were 34 cents each


This adorable little orphan salt shaker was only 27 cents


I am charmed by this planter
It has a large chip but this amazing color with 'glitter' in the glaze made up for it and the price of 49 cents made it mine


This last find is a gift for my friend Terry.  She loves wine glasses and we are always on the lookout for something unusual...this one fit the bill
Not only does it have an interesting shape
It has a charming etched flower design
only 49 cents with that Senior Disc


I'm joining Diann for her 
Thrifty Things Friday party 

and I'm also linking to 

Potpourri Friday at the blog
2805 
This is a new party and I hope you will go by and take a look and maybe join in!


September is a special month for a member of my family so stay tuned!
 There will be a giveaway involved! 

Hugs,
Linda

16 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Always amazed at the prices you get things for. love the planter...I would of snapped that up!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Linda,
Chip or not...that's a great green vase.

Blessings,
Linda

Honey at 2805 said...

You really found some thrifty treasures! I would have snapped up that green planter in a jiffy!

Thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday and helping to make it a success! I appreciate you!
Hope to see you next week.

Zootsuitmama said...

Like ALL the goodies, but the spoons are so pretty, bright and useful too!

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

They're all great finds, Linda. I would have snagged the spoons and the planter, for sure!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Cute wine glass Linda, it seems so 70-ish:@)

Vonlipi said...

Yippppeee for senior discount! The planter is adorable :)

Diann said...

Hi Linda! Fun finds. I really like the bright colored serving spoons! I would have bought them as well. I realized this summer that I have little to no fun bright cheerful serving utinsels and so i am going to start looking for some while thirfting. Thank you for joining TTF and I hope you and the Mr. have a fun weekend! Hugs!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

You always find the best bargains! Those spoons are my favorite this time...I have a slotted spoon by the same company...Love it!!!

Grammy Goodwill said...

Those prices are amazing. I've never gotten a senior discount at a thrift store. Maybe I should mention it to them the next time I'm there. hehehe I like all your finds, esp those colorful serving spoons.

Susan said...

Linda, Your and Diann's prices on your finds are awesome!! You always find such wonderful stuff!

pamq said...

Don't ya just love the senior discount??

I figure you have to find something great about being a senior........heehee

And I LOVE those wonderful spoons!

Chatty Crone said...

One day you have to post all your little orphans.

Annesphamily said...

You and those orphans! I doubt anyone loves little orphans shakers more than you! Hee Hee! You should post about them! I need to shop with you too! Husg Anne

Ellen said...

nice finds, and a gift for giving also. Love the planter...the salt shaker would make a fine hat pin holder.
Hugs,
Ellen

Becky said...

Hi Linda! ~ I LOVE those spoons!! :)