Friday, September 9, 2011

THRIFTY CATS

Yesterday I showed you some of my vintage cats, today we will take a look at some of my thrifty cats! 
Several years ago I took a vacation to Jamaica and this was one of my souvenirs.  Hand carved and just a great reminder of a fun trip!

This little guy made me smile until I removed the price tag and some paint came off...oh well he is still cute!
I am amused by the tag..."Smokey Mtn Cat House" lol...my price at a yard sale .25

This votive holder came from the same yard sale and also a quarter
I love this tail! 

This trinket box caught my eye and was only .75

I love this plate made by Royal Crownford, Straffordshire England
I bought it at a yard sale for $1

You can't get any thriftier then free
this was a sweet gift from my friend Christine at I'm Not Old I'm Vintage
(she also included an adorable Fenton Rabbit but that is for another post)

I thought you might like some closeups of the cubbies
I love this Mama kitty and her kittens
These were in a basket of ceramic cats I bought a the thrift for $2

I'm joining Diann for her fun
Please go and visit her and all the thrifty gals that link up!


Of course the best and thriftiest cat is
Charlie!!
He was rescued from a group who had cats at a PetSmart.  It was love at first sight!  My fee was only $35 and it's the best money I ever spent!   

Charlie says I interrupted his nap, he needs to rest up for his birthday party tomorrow.  He will be 13~ I hope you join us! 

Meow,
Linda & Charlie  

19 comments:

Deb said...

Lots of cute little kitty trinkets here. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x4

kristin said...

oh my gosh, I love all of your kitty things!! especially that plate.. and the pink and white kitty.. AHHH Im so jealous!! =P

Vintage Christine said...

Oh, I thought you were talking about cats who are thrifty! Ha ha. I just LOVE your display cubby and all your kitties--I was hoping you were going to say you hate that mama cat and attached kitties but apparently they're some of your favorites. Curses! Oh, and BTW re your comment on my post--if I ever do change, I've instructed my husband to hit me over the head with a baseball bat until I return to loonytune status. He said he'd be MORE than happy to oblige, but this may have something to do with me making fun of his friends all the time . . .

Jane said...

Hi Linda,
You have a wonderful collection of thrifty cats!! The pink one that your friend gave you, I made one just like that when I was into doing ceramics at the young age of 12. My mom still has it displayed.....39 years later!!!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Jane

Scarlett said...

Oh look at all your lovely kitties, my fave has to be Charlie, and then of course the kitsch mama and kittens :o) Scarlett x

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What fun! I love the one you got on vacation! Something like that is very special! And I am always having tags pull off paint, etc! EEE! I wish they would put them on the bottom of items only! The one your friend gave you is precious, too! ♥

~~Carol~~ said...

Purr-ty collection Linda! That pink one is especially cute, and so is the Mama and her kittens, but my favorite is Mr. Charlie!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Cute cats Linda! I like your Jamaican souvenir:@)

DogsMom said...

Again - we have some of the same cats! I only have the black mama kitty with her chain. The young'uns ran off from mine. And I bet my orange stripe kitty is missing paint in the same spot! I dare us to find one that isn't. I'd keep the "cat house" tag on for laughs.
Right now the shelters around me have all dropped adoption fees - one staying open round the clock on weekends and cats over 6 mo are FREE. (Keith has to take my van keys away when he leaves me alone.)

Ames said...

These are all so cute. The Black cat and her kittens remind me of the little figurines my mom brought home to us girls after she went to Ky for her brother's funeral. My sister and I were just talking about those figurines.~Ames

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Your cat collection is so cute. I really like the momma cat and kittens!!! But Charlie is THE BEST!!!

mrs. c said...

So darling! I think your cat collection is the cutest! It would be fun to take each of your cats, glass and real, and make up a story about them! Have a great weekend!

Suzanne said...

awww...all of your cats are adorable...but Charlie takes the top prize:) Love the pink royal kitty too:)
Hugs, Suzanne

thestonerabbit said...

Ahhh...you did spend your money well when you got that sweet Charlie!! I hope he has a wonderful birthday!!!

Love your collection of kitties!

Have a great weekend! dana

Diann said...

Fun cats Linda. You have a great collection of some awesome vintage cats! Thank you for joining TTF and have a fun weekend!

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! What precious little cutie cats you have. Your cat shelf looks so sweet with all the little fur balls there! I'm sure Charlie is so grateful you found him. He's very handsome.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Catherine said...

I'm so behind on my blog reading ~ look at all the cute kitties I've missed! I do not know which one is my favorite. The little pink one I think! Adorable!
xo Catherine

Charlotte said...

I love your cats, especially the pink one.

Chatty Crone said...

I think that second one is adorable - hope Charlie got his rest. Sandie