Friday, September 16, 2011

TAKE TIME FOR TEAL

Today I read a very important blog post
It is about Ovarian Cancer
My friend Cheryl writes about the loss of her sister Nancy on her blog 
My Sister's Cottage and the signs of ovarian cancer
Please take a minute to stop by and read this moving post


September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month

Seven-time Olympic medalist Shannon Miller revealed that she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in February 2011.   She is blogging about her treatment on her healthy living website 
http://shannonmillerlifestyle.com/category/my-journey
Kathy Bates is an ovarian cancer survivor and has made a PSA 

I hope we will all be aware of the symptoms of this terrible disease and help save lives, our own, our daughters and 

our friends!  

Linda

11 comments:

Michele Smith said...

I wear teal proudly! I am a cervical cancer survivor. I'm going to pop in and take a look at her blog.

Barbara F. said...

Hi Linda, this is such an important post you did today, I have PCOS and I worry about this quite a bit. I am going to visit these other blogs. xo,

Cheryl said...

Linda,
Thank you so much for spreading the word about ovarian cancer...the silent killer of women. After losing my sister, Nancy, to this horrible cancer, I want nothing more than to raise awarenss of it, and its subtle symptoms, so that other women can be saved. You're a wonderful friend for posting this and caring so much.
Yours in Teal,
Cheryl at My Sister's Cottage

Elaine said...

By posting this you are doing a great service for your friends and fellow bloggers..

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

This is such an important health issue. My aunt/godmother is an ovarian cancer survivor. It used to be a death sentence. It doesn't have to be that any longer.

laxsupermom said...

My sister is an ovarian cancer survivor. Thanks for spreading the word.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Thank you so much for sharing. My sister in law was just diagnosed, so praying hard.

Susan said...

Linda, a sweet Blogger @ Thinking of Home is suffering from Ovarian cancer. Her name is Ceekay. She has a blog called My Journey with Teal. She is such a sweet brave lady!!

Ames said...

Thanks for sharing this important piece of imformation Linda!~Ames

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

I have a friend who is a survivor...
Thank you for your kind comments about my Mack! I appreciate the kindness from my blogging friends.
Warmly,
deb

Chatty Crone said...

Linda - thanks for reminding us to take care of ourselves and learn about this disease.

Hope you are having a nice time.

sandie